Introductions

Options

Replies

• justineanni
    Options
    Hello, I am Justine. I am 32 and mom to 5 beautiful children, 4 girls and a boy. I am engaged and my fiance has three children of his own, 2 girls and a boy. I am a working mom, I work at Starbucks. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and loosing some weight
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kim. I'm a 34 year old mom of 2 and a half (no I didn't cut any of my children in half, the 1/2 is my stepson). My oldest is 9 my youngest 6, and I'm still 9 years later trying to get the weight my first blessed me with off. I've been on MFP for a long while, but just recently really started using it. My starting weight (March 1st) was 212lbs, as of yesterday I'm down to 192. So 20lbs down in the last 8ish weeks! I'd like to find some people to help inspire me, as I've always found the first 30 or so pounds are easy to lose, it's losing the rest and then keeping them all off that I seem to have trouble with.
  • heduell
    heduell Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello, my name is Haven and I am a mother of two, a 3 year old and a 2 month old. I am 5' 5'' and currently weigh 174, trying to reach 130! I live a very strict life with my food and working out, but the workout conversations with my husband about working out aren't the same! I strive to be in the best shape of my life by my 28th birthday! I tell myself everyday that I don't want to look like my mother after two kids! (my real motivation) : ) I look forward to insight from other mothers and our success together! Good luck!
  • koonmom
    koonmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm 42 and putting 2 through college. It is definitely less stressful than when the kids were young, running around to different activities, and needed HW and project help. I was able to lose lots of weight then...but it's crept up when things slowed down. I eat a lot more due to less activity to pre-occupy myself after work and arriving home....also the mindless eating when I am working away at the office is a killer with a snack machine a few feet away. Hoping to lose lots of weight. Just joined exercise and yoga plan.
  • dvallery0002
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a mom of three, married, work 2 jobs and go to school online. I have once again decided it was time to get healthy. I am not concerned as much about "weight" as i am about the fact that I am 32 and can't keep up with my children, am having symptoms of "pre-diabetes" and have what I refer to as the "dunlap disease". I have done lapped over my belt. I used to weigh in at 175 pounds and got down to 140s and quit. I have been hanging there for a few years. I recently joined a gym (which I have been going) but with little weight loss (I have however lost over an inch in my mid section). I am looking for help to stay motivated and to just know it is possible to get healthy.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a 27 year old mom of three (8, 5, 1) and I have been a member of MFP for a year now. I have lost over 40lbs since joining. I still have another 40lbs or so to go.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Angela, 44, mom of 2 teen sons. Married 24 years. I'd love to lose 50 pounds. I like to hike, bike, run, zumba, and yoga. You'd think all that would make me skinny, but no. I lose weight slowly, and there are no cheat days for me, as it always costs me 3 pounds and a week of losing that to get back to my regular weight of needing to lose 50 pounds. I've been on MFP for 3 months, but haven't really used any of the community options until now. Nice to meet everybody.
  • zahner_tl
    zahner_tl Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello out there! Today is my first day on MFP and I'm so excited to begin this journey. I'm 33 and mother to the most amazing 3 (soon to be 4) year old little girl. She's my whole world and actually the reason I've made the decision to lose weight. My goals are simple - 1.) improve my overall health by losing some much needed lbs while 2.) teaching my beautiful daughter how to respect her body and make the right choices when it comes to food, health and fitness and 3.) get in the right mind and physical space to possibly have another baby. I want to feel better physically and emotionally and just have more energy to keep up with her. I hope to meet some great friends here to help cheer me on, and vice versa.

GO MOMS!!
  • Melonheads
    Melonheads Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I'm new! Well actually I signed up for MFP a year or two ago and then forgot all about it. Just remembered it existed today so I'm back to really make the effort this time!

I am female, 26, looking to drop 70 - 80 lbs. (yikes! sounds like so much when you write it out). I have 1 son, he's almost 5. But I can't really blame my current weight on the pregnancy, I have been steadily gaining weight for years! lol

Anyway, just thought I'd say I hello and good luck to everyone!!!
  • allyssasmommy8
    allyssasmommy8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    im new here too my name is heather i have a 6 month old daughter i cant wait to loose like a 100 lbs so i can be the trophy wife lol no im a stay at home mom and im in school to be a cosmetologist then next estition then a dermatologist i wanna be 200-to 190
  • MamaLocks
    MamaLocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a mommy of 2 (ages 1-1/2 and almost 3) and work full time. I had about 65 pounds to lose when I started using myfitnesspal 2-1/2 months ago, but have lost 18 of it so far! I am so excited but have a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way to to still!
    I am doing the Visalus shakes twice a day with one meal and 3 snacks, plus trying to exercise as much as possible. This all seems nearly impossible to keep up long term. I am so exhausted!
  • BleuTree
    BleuTree Posts: 15
    Options
    i'm new to this group and looking for daily inspiration & fitness and health oriented friends
    I have 3 kids 10, 9, and 6. married for 11 years and work full time (no choice there) i was a sahm for 8years. been on MFP for 2 months (give or take) and struggling with my weight for 3 years...okay struggling to get rid of it and it seems the harder i try the higher i go...but in the last 2 months with the help of MFP tracking i'm finally making progress & this time I REFUSE to look at the scale but my girls (exercise physiologist & dietician) tell me up/down good/bad so far its working.
  • Amama622
    Amama622 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this group, and really need to not only hold myself accountable, but have others hold me accountable as well! I know what I need to do, it's just hard to do it! I love to eat! I have a 4 month old and a 2.4 year old, I work full time with hopes to become a sahm and college student very soon. I'm almost 32, and my lowest weight was about 10 years ago at 142. Before I got pregnant, I was 180 and not totally unhappy with that. I gained 40 with my pregnancy, and never really lost it. Only gained 15 with my second, which brought me to 235. I am currently at about 210, and while I would LOVE to get back down in the 140's, my goal for now is to go below 200! With two little ones, I find it very difficult to find the time to work out.
  • SarahattheShore
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new...I have an almost four year old and I've struggled to lose the weight I gained while I was pregnant with her. I have been up and down a lot over the last few years - while ideally I need to lose 60 - 70 pounds, my initial goal is 20 which will get me close to 200...I've been seeing a dietitian which was more frustrating that helpful...I know I need to move more. That's my biggest problem.

I want to lose the weight so that I can be healthier - I had some scary health problems last summer and I know that to limit future problems, I need to get the weight off. I also have high blood pressure that my doctor feels can be controlled by diet and exercise, although for the time being, I am on medication.
  • erock_21
    erock_21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Erin. I am new to this whole "weight loss support group" thing, but ask myself "why not"? I am a stay at home mom, looking to shed the baby weight I gained with my son. I recently miscarried at 12 weeks and am more focused on losing weight than ever! I also hope to meet some weight loss buddies and find some thinspiration along the way :)
    I have about 45 lbs to go so I need all the help I can get.
  • csiwannabe88
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for a while, but am just looking to get into some groups to help me stay motivated. I have an almost 6 month old and work full time graveyards. I have been struggling with the type of workout to do due to length and anything outside wouldn't work so well during the hot summer months. I started the Insanity workout this week and have been doing well with it and am enjoying it. My son has helped out by being entertained by his toys for the 30-40 min I work out. I am looking to get off as much weight as possible because my husband and I are looking to have #2 soon and want start trying in September.
  • kevdylaly2011
    kevdylaly2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I'm a SAHM for now. I have three kids ages 13, 11, and 4. My daughter will be starting school this next school year and then I will be going back to work. Being a SAHM has it's ups and downs. I've been on MFP for a year but never really used it. It such an excellent site!! I recently got a Fitbit to keep track of my steps and saw that it syncs with MFP....freakin' fabulous!! I've made a goal to get to my goal weight by my Birthday, 11/23. I have about 50 lbs to get there and 6 months to do it! I would love to make some friends where we can encourage each other along the way. I do great on diets or calorie counting for the first week or two and always blow it. I can't and refuse to blow it again. It's such a struggle. Hope to make some new friendships and let's do this!
  • csndrsn
    csndrsn Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello, everyone! My name is Crystal. I'm a divorced mother of three who has been stuck on a weight roller coaster for the last 10 years. Before having children, I never weighed more than 120 lbs. However, since becoming a mom, my lifestyle has slowed down, and become more family oriented as opposed to the young girl on the go that I once was. I have lost weight before after childbirth. In fact, after my youngest child, I lost most of my baby weight, and only wanted to lose an additional 20 lbs. Well, that has not been the case. I have gained 20 lbs x 3. At this point in my life, I weigh more than I weighed while being full-term pregnant. I cannot go on like this anymore. While shopping for a suit for work, I had to face the harsh reality that young woman that once sported size 5 jeans was now barely getting in a size 16. I'm ashamed that I have become so complacent rather than loving and taking care of body like I once did, but oftentimes, I don't have the emotional energy to make positive steps. This is why I'm here. Enough is enough! Yes, I want to get in my cute jeans again one day, but more than anything, I don't want to feel deprived emotionally. I want to run and play with my kids without getting out of breath. I want to live a long, healthy life - free of weight-related illnesses. My change starts today, and I hope to get and give support as a new member of M.O.M.
  • csndrsn
    csndrsn Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on deciding to commit to a healthy lifestyle. I also have three children. I want to lose at least 65 lbs, but I'm not putting a time limit on myself this time. I don't want a new diet; I want a new lifestyle, and I hoping to find that support here amongst all the beautiful mothers. I wish you all the best with everything, now and forever!

Crystal
  • MsTae84
    MsTae84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Hi everyone my name is Tae. I only have one child but for almost a year I also had my 2 nephews and niece. I joined MFP a year ago and I was doing great, then life hit me with a curve ball of helping my brother with his children. I became so distracted that I forgot about MFP and gained 15 pounds of the weight I lost back. I did not realize how much big of a difference fifteen pounds can be when it comes to putting on your clothes. So here I am trying to get back on the right track. Hopefully I can be of some type of motivation to you all and make new friends along the way. Wishing everyone the best!