Introductions

Options

Replies

• musicmomma13
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just joined this group today. I have been using Myfitneespa for the past two weeks. Looking to get support from other mothers out there trying to lose weight as well. I currently weigh 159 pounds and my goal is to get to 132 again. I just gave birth to my third child about 2 and 1/2 months ago and is currently breastfeeding. This is my first time being able to breastfeed longer than a month so I am worried about losing my milk if I excerise too much. I have noticed that when I am stressed or feeling down that I tend to eat. So, I guess you would say I am an emotional eater. I love chocolate. I used to drink soda once in a while but have cut that out. Now I may have a soda once every two weeks or something. I find myself drinking lots of water making sure my calorie intake is good to make sure I can keep up with my milk production. I try to work out at least 30 minutes everyday. I am a stay-at-home mother and full time student and find it difficult to keep it up since I do not have much support near me, besides my husband. I am apart of a military family so right now I am new to the area and do not know many people. My family and friends all live very far away from me. I do know a couple people that are military spouses but they are not trying to lose weight. My oldest daughter will be started kindergarten this fall, so I know I will get to know more people who are around me. My goal is to get down to 132 by August 22, which is my birthday. I want to feel good about myself and have the energy to keep up with my children. I am tired of playing outside and running around with them and having to take many breaks because I am out-of-shape. Plus, I want to be able to wear a dress to the military ball this year and look great in it. The past ones I either was pregnant, wearing the uniform myself, or had the extra weight on from the baby. I know if we put our minds to what we can, we can achieve anything. I know things will change and get better! I have lost 6 pounds in the past two weeks and excited about it. :) It is just the begining and so excited for the end results. I know it's not going to be easy. Good luck to everyone and their weight loss challenge. I know you guys can do it and great work so far. :happy:
  • lhiota
    lhiota Posts: 4
    Options
    hi everyone! my name is Lhia and i have just joined MFP two days ago, but i have been on a diet plan and going to the gym for about a month and a half now.
    I have two sons and my second is now 7 months old, i have lost a lot of volume but i am not sure about the weight because i retaing a lot of water during pregnancy and i do now know how much of the weight i lost is actual fat.
    i still have a long way to go, because i not only want to loose those pounds but also get my muscles a little bit defined ( not like a man hehehe) and that takes a lot of hours at the gym, lucky for me my husband is a certified fitness instructor and he is coaching me to help me achive my goals.
    I invite you to check out my profile to see my changes so far, and also to share advice and motivation!!
    i am 5`7`` and weight 173.4 lb.
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello to all. My name is Sara. I have three little ones, age 4-1/2, 2-1/2, and 13 months. I now weigh 100 pounds more than I did before having babies. I'm determined to get the weight off. I want to feel like me again. I'm sick of looking in the mirror and seeing a heavy stranger, sick of not being able to wear cute clothes, and sick of not being able to keep up with my kids.

I am a stay-at home mom, although I do work from home in the evenings when the little ones go to bed. My hubby is a wonderful man, but he can eat like a 12 year old and not gain an ounce. He's always bringing my favorite things home and, as an emotional eater, it's hard for me to resist.

But I'm determined to set a good example for my little ones.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself..
    I'm 25, and a mom to a beautiful 19mo daughter. She's my world :) And unfortunately, I have yet to lose the weight I gained whilst preggo with her. I'm only 10 less than i was when 9mo preggo, and i would really like to lose some weight so that we might get preggo again sooner rather than later.

I will say that sometimes I'm quite hard on myself, so i may need some encouragement from time to time. hope you all have a beautiful day.
  • Mcghee252
    Mcghee252 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am new to Mom on a Mission and am excited to start hearing advice from other mommys trying to lose 'baby fat' or keeping the post baby weight from coming. I have one 20 month daughter, and still have around ten pounds of baby fat still hanging around. I am happy that there is a group where moms can chat and give advice and support!
  • daniella0456
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Daniella (everybody calls me Dannie). I am a mother of 2 girls 14 & 8. Full time worker bee and wife. I started at 255 and am currently at 231. I am losing total body inches pretty steady. I have lost 24 inches but the pounds seem to be slowing down. Could really use some extra motivation from ladies in the same situation. I joined MFP in January with the goal of getting to 200 by end of August. with only 31 pounds left and the weight coming off slower I am in need of a push.
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hello there fellow mommies! :D my name is Donna Herrick and I am the wife of the love of my life, highschool sweetheart and mother of three amazing lil ones! Hannah DD (8), Justice DS (6) and Jericho (19 months). Ever sice the birth of my first baby I have carried this extra sixty some odd lbs on me and frankly IM TIRED OF IT!!! I use to be into martial arts *trained for 8 years and earned my black belt* as well as boxing. ten years has been entirely long enough I WANT ME BACK!!! My problem I have seemed to have over the years is I will start to lose weight, noticibly even, than just stop! I dont know why I stop dieting/exercising but I do.. its insanity! Im hopping this group may fuel me and keep me going! I look forward to meeting and supportng all of you soon!

Donna
  • aundreyswife
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I had 2 kids in less than 2 years ( now 2 1/2 and 10 months)
    I gained over 80 pounds with first pregnancy and somehow managed to shed most of it.
    My second baby was a c section and I'm finding it a lot harder with 2 kids to lose the weight.
    I need to lose at least 20 pounds so my BMI is in the healthy range ( CW is 145)
    I would love to have more friends on here! :)
  • KLD81230
    KLD81230 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm not new to MFP, but am 5'3", and currently at 155. I started MFP at 165, but had been up in the 180s after the birth of my littlest babe. I have three kiddos (6, 4, and 2) and am a SAHM that also runs our timber framing company and also have my own doula and childbirth education business.

I HATE excuses, but understand some of them at the same time. I get up at 5:20 every morning to get to the gym so that I'm home before my kiddos are done with breakfast. Am I tired? Yep. Is it a reason to NOT get up? Nope. I just work on scheduling my day so that I can get to sleep a little earlier (if possible). I also know how GREAT I'm going to feel once I get there. I also sometimes bring them to the babysitting room at the gym so that I can get a few other classes in during the day. We are a vegetarian family that eats dinner together every evening... well, sometimes my husband has to work late, but the rest of us sit down together. :)

I struggle to find my right combo of calories/exercise that works with my body. I struggle sometimes to get my correct NET in every day, but I'm working on it. I struggle with carbs, but after reading "Wheat Belly" it is getting much easier!

I would love some very motivated mommas as friends on here! I know that we can do it and everything we do is a CHOICE. So let's choose to keep eating well and moving our bodies. Let's choose to make the best choices for ourselves and our families. Let's choose to NOT fall back into old habits. Let's choose to have a healthy lifestyle just be that... our lifestyle.
  • JeanieQueen
    JeanieQueen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Jean and I live in NC. I have 5 kids (2 mine, 3 step). I've never been a normal weight and I'd like to get there b/f my 36th birthday (October 2013).
  • chelsmaexo
    Options
    Hi! My names Chelsey i'm from PA. I have one 3 year old daughter and about to gain a 3 year old step daughter! I'm trying to finally lose my baby weight (3 years later haha!) And looking for motivation from other moms! Would love for some more friends on here for motivation! Take care all!
  • jhuffman1117
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I just started mfp. I had a beautiful baby boy last August but now am finding it hard to lose the baby weight and am actually gaining weight. It has been hard to find time to work out with working full time and watching my little guy. I weigh 140 and hope to get down to 120. I am super short 5'1 and the weight seems to stick around my middle! I am hoping that by joining this group and site that I will stay motivated to eat healthier and find time to work out.
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm new to this group!! Just wanted to say happy to be here, I'm at 188 from 245 post baby 7 months ago on my way to 135 looking forward to finish my trip with other Mom's!!
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 32 year old sahm. I have a 3 year old son and a husband who comes home after dinner time so I often have 2nd dinner with him. I am also an emotional, tired, & hormonal eater. I have the added stressor of TTC. We've been TTC for 2 years. I had stillborn twins last fall and a miscarriage last month. After each pregancy I find myself in the 170+ weight range and would like to get back to 150. Knowing that I'm trying to get pregnant is very demotivating. I lose pounds when AF starts and gain every time I ovulate so I find myself at the same place every month. I am very active. I do stroller strides at least 3 x per week and jog. It's the eating that gets me. Anyone else on the TTC wagon?
  • cuddlylab
    cuddlylab Posts: 3
    Options
    HI

I'm Kim I was on MFP a couple years ago and lost 40 lbs. but of course I have gained some back so I'm here again and back at it. Would love some friends, feel free to add me!

I have two girls ages 3 and 5
  • Sjennings13
    Sjennings13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Savannah, I am 28 and a mother to 2 boys! I work full time outside of the home, while also shuttling boys back and forth to baseball and one son who races dirtbikes, needless to say my life is busy! I joined MFP close to a year ago, but haven't been here since sometime in Sept.. I have decided now is the time to get serious and lose some weight not only for myself but my family! I am currently weighing 243 lbs and needing to get to 150 (really could lose more but 150 would be awesome..) I am going to need tons of motiviation, support, encouragment and someone who will tell me like it is!! Looking forward to meeting some new Mamas who are on the same journey as me, who wont be afraid to tell me how it is!!
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Megan and I have a beautiful 9 month old son. I was having success with moderate exercise alone which brought me down from 217lbs to 197lbs, but I've recently found that I need to count my calories to lose any more weight. My first goal is pre-pregnancy weight, which is 180lbs. Since starting with MFP a week ago I've already lost 3 lbs just by staying under my calorie goal for the day and walking with baby boy in the stroller or doing the 30 day shred. I'm excited to join more mom's on their weight loss journey!
  • dianacapsicum
    dianacapsicum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Diana and i need to loose 50 pounds. I have a very active 3 year old son and i need to be healthy for him. I work full time so i know how hard it is to cook, clean and work out at the same time, so i need support!. It makes me want to cry when i see my old pictures before i got pregnant i used to be so fit. I decided to reach my goal by the end of the year.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I am new here. I have 8 kids (7 still at home). My youngest is 9 months old and still breastfeeding. I am at 195 pounds now but would love to be in the 115 to 120 range again.