Introductions

Options

Replies

• ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole,

I also have a one year old. It's amazing how quickly I lost the baby weight. And then slowly put the weight back on again from not looking after myself. I totally know how you feel. I'm making 2014 about me. My babies will thank me when they have a happy mommy.
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hi everyone i hope its not too late to join the group, my name is Kris, im a mommy of 3 girls ages 6, 4 and 3. im a sahm [stay at home mom] but its just as crazy. ive had four pregnancies and gained all my weight just from getting pregnant. my hw was 212.0 sw is 207.0 [checked this morning] gw right now is probably around 180 for now ugw is my pre-pregnancy weight of 125 or as close as i can get. i could really use all the support i can get. good luck on your journeys and its nice to meet you all.
  • bweagle99
    Options
    New to the group. I'm a working mom who has been overweight far too long.....still holding on to the baby fat, but my babies are 7 and 10. I'm slowly trying to cut out the soda and let go of the snacking.....food is comfort for me. Joining the group looking for some accountability.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I am a full time working mom and a very fun and energetic 3 year old girl. I have already lost my pregnancy weight but I am now trying to lose the pre-getting comfortable with my hubby weight. We met and I ballooned up. I have already lost 96 pounds with about another 50 to go. Good Luck Ladies
    - Jen
  • NorthernMaineMom
    Options
    Let's see... I am a rural Northern Maine mom of 2 looking to lose around 50lbs (currently 199, would like be about 150) I have bright pink hair, yup really! My son is almost 10 and my daughter almost 6.

Upside to living in a rural Northern Maine farming community: I know all my neighbors and all my kids friends, little to no crime, the nearest fast food is a 50 mile round trip, beautiful nature every where I go. Downside of living in a rural Northern Maine farming community: COLD! (more on that in a moment), only a SMALL grocery store in town, nearest larger grocery store is a 75 mile round trip, nearest gym is a 400 mile round trip (Yes, seriously!) and did I mention COLD???

Ok on the COLD part, just to be clear there will be NO outdoor exercise from this girl until mid MARCH! Why? Because in the winters here it is COLD and by cold I mean, Thrursday was -47, yeah that is BELOW 0! We can get as cold as -56, and that is WITHOUT windchill, and we often stay at least in the -20's a few times a week from now till the end of February. In March we have a huge outdoor party at the base of the mountain behind my house, we sled down the mountain and go cross country skiing (along with a bunch of other things) but until then the most outdoor active we get is snowmobiling, and that is a mode of transportation some days!

That being said, if I want to workout, it is INSIDE and in my own home, so I have to get creative! I do own a treadmill and intend to use it as part of my weight loss plan. I also do yoga, although it is mostly from DVDs and an app I have on my iPad. I also have to combat some old injuries from a car accident 10 yrs ago. I broke my pelvis in 5 places along with some other minor injuries (like broken fingers and toes....) BUT I know my limits and I know that if it hurts a little it wont kill me (if it hurts a lot, that is another story) I am by far no wimp, to quote my husband I am "tougher than a Maine Bobcat".

I lost my mother on August 20th this year to Sudden Cardiac Arrest (only 1 in 19 survive) and it made me face the harsh reality that you never know what tomorrow will bring and that I can no longer put ANYTHING off. It took me a while to come out of my "slump" after losing her, Christmas SUCKED.... I realized that I need to do something that makes ME happy, and I realized that losing weight would make me happy AND healthy.

Now before anyone thinks that someone with some pretty major past injuries and weighing 199 lbs cant do something as awesome as running a 5k, you bet your *kitten* I did! AND I finished in UNDER an hour, sure it was 58min 19sec but damn it that is STILL under an hour! I have run the Susan G. Komen 1k for 5yrs with my mom, and did the 5k last year, I was going to do the 5k this year, but it was just 2 weeks after losing my mom, so I did the 1k with all of my family and my moms friends instead. BUT next year my Aunt and I are doing the 5k and our goal is 45 min!

I am a "straight shooter" with a warped sense of humor, so little to nothing ever offends me.... I prefer to hear the real truth than the sugar coated candy words a lot of people pass around!

What do you say? Can you put up with me?
  • ColoradoBlessedMom
    Options
    HI Everyone! I'm a newly abled Stay at Home mama (YIPPIE) We are on the new process of homeschooling our daughter. I am 3 yr out from my pregnancy, between that and life stress haven't been able to shake the weight (even added some lbs). Ready to reset for good and not let anything stop me. Love support, please add me if anyone would like!
  • skny37
    skny37 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All! I am a 37 woking mother of a 5 and 7 year old. I have been chubby a good portion of my life, but no more! This year my goal is to loose 25-30 pounds and get back down to where I was 10 years ago. I am looking for a group of women to offer support since I have tried and quit more times than I can count. I never thought I was going to be one of those people who have tried many different diets with no success, but I am. I have even tried some of those weight loss supplements and guess what…they don't work, LOL! So I plan to get my head in the game and show myself and my family what healthy living is all about!
  • MimeeMonster
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm a 39 year old Mommy for the first time. My lil man is 2 years old now and thankfully I was able to take off a large chunk of the weight that I gained with him. I went from 136 in December 2010 to 229 when I gave birth in December 2011.

I had a very healthy pregnancy despite the weight. No high blood pressure or diabetes. My son is perfectly healthy and happy and loves to sleep on his still squishy momma.

But I don't like myself anymore. In 1994 I lost my mom to ovarian cancer and ate to make the pain stop. I was 289 lbs when I realized what I was doing. I tried for a few years to lose the weight and lost the battle time and time again until 1999 when I dedicated all my energy to losing the weight. I made it down to 110 in 2001 and stayed really strong for a long long time but when I got remarried I got comfortable and let myself gain a little. 136 wasn't too bad, not great but not terrible either. I was still in the gym but Del Taco and Carl's Jr would call my name every week. My efforts would be for naught.

When I heard the words "You're pregnant" I was so happy. So happy that I spent the first trimester puking. LOL However, the minute I wasn't sick anymore my lil boy growing inside me had really weird cravings. Like for red meat. Every single day. After not eating red meat for a long long time my body took it all in and I gained fast.

I am finally at 162 again but I want to be at 130 again. I have a nice wardrobe from my pre baby days of being a paralegal. I would love to be able to wear it again - new job working for a nationally known sports team in their legal department is great but not when you are a squishy mom....
  • seidlere
    Options
    Hello!
    I am a 23 year old first time mommy, with a 4 month old baby girl.
    Before I got pregnant, I lost about 41 lbs. And was able to even stay under gaining it all back during my pregnancy. After I delivered, I lost the weight almost within the first two weeks, but then slowly but surely from my maternity leave and stresses of new motherhood, I gained it all back!!! So I'm right back to where I started before I lost the weight prior to my pregnancy. My goal is to get back down to about 140 lbs or so. I started the day after Christmas at 196, and am currently 188 lbs.
    I work full time at an elementary school, so I keep pretty busy during the week. I've recently joined a gym, and am slowly fitting it into my everyday schedule.

Good luck to everyone!!!

51682418.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hello Mummies!

I am part-time working Mom of 2 kids (5 & 7) and I have been trying and trying to get my weight down to 108lbs (that's my weight before I became a Mom). I have been trying and trying and sadly, I can never reach my goal. So, this year, 2014, I am going to give it another go and hopefully, this year, I will be able to get back into my old pair of jeans...fingers cross!

Good luck, Mummies!!!
  • lyncele
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm a full time working mom of two girls ages 2 and 8. During both of my pregnancies I gained over 50 lbs each time but I lost most of the baby weight. The past year I have gained weight and I would like to drop 20 lbs and possibly get close to my weight before the girls. I really need help staying motivated and on track. Good luck moms! :smile:
  • 1cafeaulait
    1cafeaulait Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Married with 5 children!! Guess being what the doctors so lovingly called "advanced maternal age" has kind of been a factor in the baby weight not dropping off like it used to. And I will admit that sometimes my diet was less (much, much less) than perfect! So here I am with a clear goal!!! To lose at least 20 lbs. Good luck to us all on our journey to fit!!!! Here's to two-piece bikinis and good health!
  • gman1013
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Jessica. I am a busy working mom with a 3 year old and a 13 year old...
  • DebbyeC
    DebbyeC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I've had the MFP app on my phone forever, but I'm finally ready to tackle this for real!! I got a Fitbit for Christmas and I'm dedicated to finally logging my food. I'll be 43 next week and I have 2 daughters, 13 and 11. My hubby is a Corporate Chef by profession, so I am lucky to have him help with the cooking. I'm a "fit" fat and I've run 4 1/2 Marathons. I'm a little shy even online, but I'm committing myself to some accountability! Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • ottersmommie
    Options
    Hello all...I am a stay at home to an active 19 month old and have 134 pounds to lose. I have it broke down to 50 lb incriminates with my ticker so I felt like I was making some progress and seeing the little thingy move. Monday I started clean eating...so far this has been the best week of weight loss in a long time...I all ready hit my 8 pound weight loss a month goal. Meals are easy...snacks not so much any ideas would be welcomed. I am looking to become friends with people that have a lot to lose and have struggled for ever with weight.
  • Fitnursejo
    Options
    Hi I'm Jodi!
    46 yo mom of 2. Girl 9 and boy 4. I work part time as an ER nurse in Southern California. I've been on MFP for 2 years on and off. Currently on day 185 as of today! But I'm new to Mommies on a Mission! I would love to lose another 20 pounds (currently 5'5" 144 lbs) but at this point not stressing over it. I'm just looking to be a generally healthy eater and exercise 5-7 days a week. Balance is important to me. I think it's the only way to make this life sustainable!

I'm in my 6th month of a year long challenge to exercise daily. Just last week I missed my first day!
    It doesn't matter to me where you are in your journey. I just want to connect with moms that are going for longevity! I want the changes I've seen in myself to be lifelong.

Add me as a friend if your looking to make lasting life changes and you'd like a bit of a helping hand! ✌️
  • scnaar
    scnaar Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello - This is my first group and I am a noob - so I don't have all of the ins and outs of the site yet. One thing I know f0or sure, I need support. I have three boys ages 11, 13, and 14. Add that to the fact that I just turned 50 and that's the quadruple whammy. It seems as if everytime i turn around i am picking up clothes, shoes, dishes, toys, video games and here lately WEIGHT!

I'm tired of people telling giving me advice that doesn't take my situation and circumstances as a single mom into consideration - you know the cliche'd responses like "don't take time - make time" and calories in - calories out = weight loss, low fat-high fiber, low carbs-high protein, low protien-hitgh fiber, no this all that, etc, etc, you get the picture.

Just not that easy and at times virtually impossible when you are ripping and running and barely have time to eat - so eating a prepared healty meal is out of the question.

Enough of the rant -
  • skinnitara
    skinnitara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started using MFP about two weeks ago. I'm a 38 year old stay at home mom to six children (3-12 years). With each pregnancy I've added an extra 10 pounds or so. I'm ready to lose weight and get healthy for myself and my children. I weight 199 pounds and would like to get down to130-135. I'm more of a late night and an emotional eater. I'm hoping to meet other moms that can keep me motivated, share tips and idea to stay on track. . I have been doing T25 and other workout videos the last two weeks. I'm hoping to get some other suggestion exercise video so I don't get bored witht the ones I have.
  • moonlitheaven
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm also new. I have had the app on my phone for a few months and would try and give up many times. This time I am completely motivated and serious about my weight loss and lifestyle change. I have always been the chubby one in my family, my friends and everyone. But it only started bothering me after giving birth to my second daughter. The eldest is 5 and the younger one is almost 4. I still looked and look pregnant and it bothers that people... mostly men ask me if I am pregnant or when am I due... I have resorted to the point of making them feel as uncomfortable as possible and just respond with "I am not pregnant, I am just fat..." I chuckle at how people feel so weirded out with a response so crass. Anyway, it does make me feel awful. It made me feel so crappy that I stopped going out, I stopped shopping, I stopped living life.
    Things are different now. I am turning 30 in October. My sister is getting married in 2015 and I'm the Matron of Honor. I did not want to enter the next decade of my life overweight. The rumors are it's harder to lose weight after 30... I have found it harder to lose weight after 2 pregnancies. I remember my teen years and losing 10 lbs in 2 days. Those were the good old days. I'm hoping to lose 50lbs so that I can get a Tummy Tuck to get rid of my "pregnant" belly. I suck at working out. I don't have the time. I wake up at 5:30 to go to work and I don't get home until 6PM, to cook and help my 5 year old do homework and get everyone else ready for the next day. I'm going to attempt to wake up an extra 45 minutes earlier to see if I can get in a 30 minute workout before starting my day... Sounds painful, but it has to be done.
  • muller061601
    muller061601 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

my name is Kathie and I am a mom of 3 kids. one with special needs and I have the hardest time finding time to eat or go to the gym on a regular bases. I am all so a full time graduate student. so life is very busy as for most of you. I have decided about 3 months ago I am not please with myself any more. so I can going to lose this weight. I am at 232 which is the lowest I have been in 5 years I was up at 249 so I am making progress but in the past few months is when I have taken it serious.

I am hoping this group will be great support.