Introductions

Options

Replies

• wxgurl
    wxgurl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am a mom of one (7 month old boy), and looking for some support on this new journey. I turn 40 in less than a year, and decided its high time I stop taking my health for granted...plus, my son is becoming mobile, and i really need to keep up with him! I am at around 190 now, and would like to get down to the 125-135 range, or at least start heading that way before we have baby #2! I'm working very hard at overcoming my need for comfort food when I am stressed out, which seems to be a lot with a little one! I love food, but I love my son more...my new mantra!:flowerforyou:
  • wxgurl
    wxgurl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • elthomas07
    elthomas07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this website, too. I'm a 33 year old first time mom. I'm a petite overweight person...if that makes sense. I started my preganancy last year at 221 and got up to 276, which is the most I've ever weighed. I'm back down to 234 but want to shed 50 pounds before having a second child. I probably won't communicate much but am looking forward to reading the struggles of other mothers. Good luck to everyone!!! I know I need it! :smile:
  • cjmom1005
    cjmom1005 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi my name is Jaime and I'm at sahm of 2 boys. I'm looking for support with other women lie me. I've struggled with my weight ever since puberty and have yo-yo with my weight for years
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    hi, my current weight is 195. I have two weddings to be in this Oct and I would really like to be 20 (even 30) pounds lighter by then. I have 8 children and very little time to work out. I look forward to learning from all of you gals!
  • jenni3001
    jenni3001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HI. My name is Jennifer and I'm a first time mom to a 3 week old. I used MFP before I became pregnant to lose weight and I want to make a come back to lose the baby weight. I'd love to have other moms as friends. Any advice, support and motivation is greatly appreciated :wink:
  • MandaAnn76
    MandaAnn76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Amanda. I'm married:heart: , 36 years old, have 2 boys (ages 11 and 5), I work 6 days a week, weigh 250lbs and I want to change. I am tired of being tired. I remember what it was like to be 170lbs, so that is my goal. I am new to MFP, this is my second day. I find it easiest to walk and/or exercise in the morning before everyone else gets out of bed. I am looking for support and encouragement as I work toward my goal to be healthier and more fit. :smile:
  • evermore2211
    Options
    hello all! my name is Genna and i am a 28 year old mother of two amazing lil people. I just recently got my cast off from my sixth surgery on my left (dominate) arm & after six years of no real activity i am ready to get back to my pre baby/injury weight. I am looking to loose about 60-65 lbs for lots of reasons. Mainly to be healthier than i have been & not to put myself in more of a position to get diabetes which runs high in my family as well as high BP, cholestrol, and so on. Also my new fiance is very into his body and health (weight lifter) Hes that extra kick in my butt to get me to where i wanna be. I am looking to find excited, supportive people on here to help push me along and hopefully i can do the same
    ~~Gen
  • tikab89
    tikab89 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Tika. I am new to the message boards, I've been on MFP since April. I'm a 22 year old mother of 2, my first was a c/s and my last was a vbac. I was 115 before my first, then 130 before my second. I'm now around the 145 range. I was 150 2 weeks ago but started Insanity and dieting right. I would like to get back down to 130, then hopefully get to 120-125 but honestly, it's not the weight that matters to me, I just want to look good and feel good in clothes! :)
  • sujeong12
    sujeong12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aloha everyone!

My name is Terri and I just starting using MFP this past week. I have tried to use it previously, but did not keep up with it. This time I am DETERMINED to utilize this app and website since it's very convenient. I am a new mother to a 7 month old daughter...who I am in love with. I am trying to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 135. I am currently 150.

I am hoping this group will help support me in meeting my fitness goals!
  • castojoy
    castojoy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am new to MFP and hoping that the convenience of the app will really help me hold myself accountable for all the senseless snacking I do throughout the day. I am a mother of 2- Elizabeth age 4 and Graham 10 months. I am currently in nursing school and work contingent at a hospital as a nurse tech. I used to do hair for a living, but decided the time spent away from my babies needs to be compensated with a higher wage :) I am currently still nursing Graham, but I think he is slowly weaning. I have never been skinny, but used to play hockey and run all the time, so I was fit. A good weight for me is 120/125 so that is my goal. I am currently at 150. I started C25K last week and just downloaded this yesterday. I'm hoping by joining this group I can stay motivated!!!
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am nee to this group. I am a mother of two. A 5 year old boy and a 7 month old daughter. I have about 100 lbs to loseand I know 2012 is going to be the year I lose it. challenging myself to start running...taking things slow by making wekly challenges of ridding my bad ha its and adding on a new one. ...want to set a good example for my children and to keep up with them.
  • ashleymarie530
    ashleymarie530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... My name is Ashley, I'm 25 and a proud mother of a very active 3.5 year old. I am a full time worker and full time mom. I am looking at getting my pre-preggers body back. I love hearing about others stories and see what they have done. Hearing stories makes me more motivated. Even though it is the middle of 2012, I want to have my tummy gone and be healthy and in shape by the end of the year. 2012 is my year and my year to conquer my dreams and goals !
  • tiarachael
    tiarachael Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Tea'a and I am a 26 year old mother of two. After my first, the weight fell off right away. It was amazing. With my second, I walked out of the hospital weighing the same as I went in even though I had a baby. I've had to fight tooth and nail for every pound lost. I went from 205 to 180 in the first eight months despite breastfeeding and exercise. My daughter is 20 months now and I've lost an additional 14 pounds in the last year. It kills me that I've exercised and dieted and only gone from a size 16 to a 14 in jeans and it's taken me a year! I'm not even down to my preprego size yet. I know I'm complaining, but I hope that's okay. :) My goal is to be down to my preprego weight by the end of July. I'm ready to have a fresh start and to get rid of this idea I have in my head that I will never be my normal size again. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know all of you! :)
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Amelia here, 28 year old married, working mom to 2 boys (9 and 2 years old) and ready for a big change. I recall being 225 after my first son was born and have since put on about 8lbs a year since. It especially piled on after my mother died in 2007, I became depressed and wasn't too functional, so, we ate out a lot. It's coming up on the 5th anniversary since my mother passed and I want to be a healthier mom for my kids and myself. I know my ultimate goal of weight loss but for now my goal is to start and complete a 5k Adventure Race on August 18th! So, I'm working towards that, eating more mindfully and drinking a ton of water! With different exercises at least 5 days a week. Every day I feel stronger, I am more aware of how my body responds to food and am looking forward to a healthier me.
  • ProudMommy817
    ProudMommy817 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Before I had my daughter I was 160 pounds and a size 10 and was the happiest I've ever been about my weight. So now I am trying to get back down there (or geth even thinner) and stay there hopefully. Looking for new friends to keep each other motivated :smile:
  • dcmennealy
    dcmennealy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Donnita and 35 years old. I am wife to a great husband, mother to a 1 year-old girl and 3 year-old son (they will be 2 and 4 this summer). I work full time and managing my life and weight loss has been tough. What I did when I was single is clearly not working. I have about 30 pounds to lose and I need accountability to keep me on track.
  • asteraki23
    Options
    Hi everybody, Anna here! I'm 32 years old mom of 2 veeeery active (u know what I mean!!! :laugh: ) kids, age 4 and 18 months. Started my first pregnancy at a very fit 124 pounds, got up to 160 at then end of each pregnancy and have been at about 140 for months after. I'm 5'6'' and 1/2 and though not overweight want to get back into shape, lower my body fat percentage (currently 23.5%) and just get stronger overall. I'd really want to set up a good example for the rest of my family. Recently Ι have become a stay at home mom which was an enormous change for me that I had to deal with... It was tough for me saying bye bye to my career but after rethinking it all over again I'm certain that this is the time in my life when I most needed by my kids and am genuinly enjoying my new role:) So, good luck to all of you beautiful moms on your journey! I'm sure we can make it!
  • imcrlyq
    imcrlyq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm Becky, a 34 year old mother to a 20 month old little girl. :smile: I've done Weight Watchers in the past, and lost 25 lbs when I was in school. I unfortunately gained it all back. Now I'm trying to drop baby weight plus some. I do Stroller Strides up to 3 times per week and run. I'm training for the Military Challenge 5K Obstacle Course for the end of this month. No races in August, then September, October, December, February will be races. I will be doing the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon in Virginia Beach in March. Don't get me wrong, I don't love running and I'm slow as mollasses, but I do enjoy it. It is also something I can do with Eva, as we have a jogging stroller. I work 2 days per week as a home health nurse, so those days are off days for exercising. I'm hoping that using MFP will help me to stay on the straight and narrow and give me more accountability. Nice to be here :happy:
  • ktina1884
    ktina1884 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Im Kristina Im a SAHM of 2 girls in OH and new to MFP!!