Introductions

Options

Replies

• peaceloveandtattoos
    Options
    Hi mamas!
    I am 30 years old and a mama of 3 little monkeys, the youngest being 7 weeks old today.
    I currently weigh 166 and will be down to my pre pregnancy weight of 131 soon!
    Just joined this group for extra support.... we can all do this!
  • mrskenner
    mrskenner Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new to mfp but am excited to have found this. My current weight is 181 and my goal is 150. I am a working mom with 2 boys ages 8 & 12. I am just figuring out how this works but would love to gain extra support and motivation to actually reach my goal!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Maria and I am looking to find friends for support who are in a similar situation. I am 34 and have two young children (ages 1 and 3). Overall, I am somewhat in shape, but would like to lose about 10 pounds and the "mommy pouch". This is especially important to me because my youngest will turn 2 this summer, which means, that it's been 2 years since my last pregnancy. Does the tummy ever go away? :-) Anyway, I try to eat clean and exercise 4-5 times a week. My body is not very changing very quickly, so I guess I am in it for the long haul. If you have similar goals, feel free to friend me.
    Thanks!
  • ChubOlubmuffin
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Danielle and I've been avoiding the scale for too darn long. I am 27. I am a full time college student and stay at home mom. My only child, a girl, just turned two and I have yet to even resemble what I looked like before she came along. We are LAZY people! And I mean lazy, lazy, lazy people. My daughter is active though (*thank GOD). I am on a mission to look and feel as good as I did when I met my Husband 4 years ago... I'm 220 lbs now, I was 180 when we met. Yes I was overweight then too but now I'm as large as I was my sophomore year of high school! I miss feeling good about myself and I'm hoping some of you feel the same so that we can help each other get through the weight loss journey. I'm gonna give it all I've got!
  • Norsegodess
    Norsegodess Posts: 30
    Options
    hey everyone, my names Barbara, I am married (11 years in sept) and we have 2 children, boy & (8 in Aug) and a girl who was 3 in Jan. I have been on MFP before but not successfully however last week i decided to give to go and go for it. So along with this, walking to nursery/school and doing the your shape evolved 2012 on kinect I am feeling better in myself already
  • EdenEC
    EdenEC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using the calorie tracker for about a year now, but I think I could use some support and the community aspect of groups. Over the past year or so, I have gained about 30 pounds. I am still not sure WHAT exactly has caused the gain, but I need to do something about it. I am currently weighing in at 162lbs. I would love to hit 130 again, but would be satisfied with 140. I need help with motivation to exercise and figuring out what changes to make to my diet. I hope that we can help each other!
  • broken_beauty
    Options
    hi ladies! i'm Juli. i'm 23 years old. been married for a little over 6 years to the love of my life. i started gaining weight after that & have been up and down since then. i've been through a lot[fertility treatments, misscariages, 2 preemies, one child with a disability, etc] and in the past i tend to emotionally rely on food. i have a 30 month old boy, who is very very active, and a 5 week old little girl, who is exclusively breastfed. i'm currently below both my prepregnancy weights[147 for him, 139 for her], but still about 20-25 lbs away from my ultimate goal. i also need a LOT of tonning. i'm hoping i can stay motivated through this site. =)
  • schottchick06
    schottchick06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

My name is Angie. I have 5 kids. I live in SoCal, blog, sew, craft, crochet, sell Scentsy, own my own business, attend church, homeschool, etc... In other words, I'm busy. However, I'm overweight and something needs to change. That means making time for exercise. (HA! Does 2 in the morning half awake work? ;) ) Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • mandyp916
    mandyp916 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Amanda I am 29 years old and I am married with a 3 year old son. I have been struggling with my weight for the past 10 years and I am tired of struggling. I want to lose about 50 pounds or more to feel better about myself and so I can look sexy to my husband again like I did when we first met. I am hoping to make new friends that can help me and encourage me through this process so please feel free to add me as a friend and good luck to everyone.
  • ShrinkinManda
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Manda, I'm a SAHM, 31, married with 2 sons (3 years & 6 weeks). My aunt introduced me to the MFP iPhone app and I'm liking it! Just looking to make some supportive friends. I have 120 to lose, 19 down so far!
  • mekay93
    mekay93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 yrs old and a mom of 3 teenage boys. I've been married almost 18 yrs. I started going to a weight loss doctor a little over a year ago and have changed how my family eats and added exercise. I'm slowly but surely getting closer to my goal.
  • breezesandblessings
    breezesandblessings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new-ish to calorie counting, but have lost 40 lbs through various exercise. I hurt my back a couple of months ago and ended up gaining 10 back :( So I am using MFP to help restart my fitness journey! I am currently 2 days into body revolution and LOVING it. I have two daughters, 2 & 6 months and am set to get married next september :) Um..that's all I can really think of, haha.
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 4 year old (who starts Pre K in the fall) and a 1 year old. I have always struggled with weight. I am addicted to textures. I love "custardy" textures and "crusty" textures. So...pies, cakes, puddings, yeah....um....I'm hungry thinking about it. We recently moved and our new home is 1/2 a mile from the YMCA, so I committed to the $50 a month. The kids can go into their daycare for 2 hours a day while I workout for free, so I'm hoping working out will help my weight loss goals.
  • danielle19755
    Options
    Hi All!!! Looking for lots of friends for motivation!! Im 36 years old, work full time at a Resort in Florida. I have a 15 year old boy and a 2 year old girl... I have yo-yo'd with weight loss for years and yeas and YEARS!!!! Good luck to all!!!
  • sgchapman
    sgchapman Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im Sarah ,Im a sahm of 3 ( 6yo, 4yo, and 13mth old). Im 25 and hopeing to lose the "Baby fat". I have alot of trouble sticking with stuff, i get frustated and give up. I really want this to work im now at 181lbs and need to lose about 20-50 lbs. Ive never tried anything like this before, ive always tried the new fad diets but now i need a life style change not a "quick Fix" Good Luck to everyone !:drinker:
  • wtlossmamma
    wtlossmamma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new to this group. I'm a 35 year old business owner with a husband & an 8 year old daughter. It is really important to me to set a good example for her. My husband thinks working all day gives him plenty of exercise, so it goes without saying he is not very supportive of my efforts. I have been AWOL from MFP for a few months, but did very well doing it before. I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things and get this excess weight off! I'm 214 now but hope to eventually be 120-130. My first weight loss goal is to lose 10% of my weight, and then I'll do another 10%, etc, so I don't get so overwhelmed. Best of luck to everyone!
  • wtlossmamma
    wtlossmamma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to have a plan for your day- I have started planning my meals for the whole week, usually on Sundays. If I have that, at LEAST I have something to go by! I have recently quit drinking sodas, it really sucks to have to quit them all together but I really didn't see any other way for me. If I limited myself to a certain amount every day, I would subconsciously keep drinking them. We are about the same weight & have the same end goals so best of luck to you!
  • sdorman18
    sdorman18 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!
    My name is Shannon. I am a mother to a 3 1/2 yo little boy (Ethan). After having him I have progressively gained more and more weight!!! Isn't that all of our issues?! My problem is that I LOVE carbs!!! and am a picky eater... This week I started at the gym with a personal trainer (2 days a week) and on MFP. My goal is to lose about 70-75 lb. Unfortunately losing isn't as fun as gaining!! We will make it fun though!!! Having other gals on here as support will be helpful for sure!!!
    Look forward to our journey!!! Keep up the good work :)
  • christine0814
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Christie, I am a 37 year old busy mom to five children ages 18-4 and one fur baby a female Bullador that is almost a year old. We relocated to a new state because my Husband started a new job and I quit smoking about a year and a half ago and put on almost 45lbs!! I just started eating clean in March and I have lost 16lbs, I was 186lbs in March and my goal weight is 130lbs.
    My Husband wants to take a on a cruise next year, so my goal is to get to my goal weight so I can rock a bathing suit without having to wear a cover up!

:bigsmile: This IS going to be a great year....we can do it!!!!
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    I'm Cecelia and I'm a 27 year old mother of a busy 5 year old. I weigh 175 and my goal is 159-155. I've just started tracking my diet and using MFP to track my diet.

My main goal is to finally be able to allow friends and family members to take pictures of me and I feel like I look like myself in them. We don't have nearly enough family pictures becasue of my adversion to the camera. This WILL change!