Introductions

Options

Replies

• pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm not so much a newbie... I've just been on vacation since last summer. LOL I am 37 and a SAHM to two boys, 5 and 3. They are the loves of my life and keep me busy! I have battled weight all my life -- my biggest loss was 40 lbs during the summer of 2005. That was prior to my pregnancies. Obvs, since having my kids, weight loss has just been an ongoing battle. As I get older, I realize it's not going to get easier to lose the weight -- not to mention the boatload of health issues that I could potentially be burdening myself with. I love my kids too much to NOT get healthy. I've had ENOUGH. Now, it's time for ME.
  • stacyanne123
    Options
    So glad you are taking time out for your self! :smile:
  • cookiet83
    cookiet83 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi all i'm Tasha and mum to my two munchkins who are almost 7 and 2 and a half. i joined mfp a few weeks ago and have nicely lost 4lb, it dosent sound a lot but im thrilled as i no this is working for me. ive battled with my weight since having my son's and now its time for me to take control and win :)

Feel free to add me as a friend, i need the support and motivation so i dont fall of the winning wagon,
  • Taryn77c
    Taryn77c Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Taryn. I have started my weight loss journey on Feb 1 2012. I have been using the food calculator on my ipad app. I have not been involved in discussion boards do to time. I want to continue my journey but some days are hare. I am in a Total Makeover challenge in my home town. That is helping me but at times can be stressful and do not want to lose the reason for my weight loss. You can check out the website and see my journey www.takethechallenge.ca. I am a bit stressed and feel like eating but I have not and turn to the gym. There are 20 Contestant and next week only 10 left. Thank you for your time and hope we can all inspire and motivate each other to being healthier which mean we are happier.
  • Missy_Snipes
    Missy_Snipes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am Missy! I am a 42 year old mom of 4. I lost 50 lbs about 11 years ago and slowing gained every single pound back ( to the EXACT same number!!) I finally got tired of" looking okay for someone who has had 4 kids" so in October 2011, I started writing down my food diary and losing weight, I plateaued in December for 4 weeks and feel so very lucky to have found MFP in January 2012. I must say, the weight came off a lot easier 11 years ago!! This time I have had to really work, work, work! I have learned so much since January, about diet and nutrition and Lord save us ALL from all of the sodium in everything!!! I no longer wonder why I plateaued so badly in December!! I am down 48 lbs and have 32 more to go to reach my goal (at which time I plan to re *kitten* my goals) ! I am determined this time to lose it all and be in the healthy weight range and keep it off so this is a lifestyle change for me!!!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm also new to MFP . I am a wife and a mother of 6 wonderful kids . I just lost 12 pounds on herbal life program and using my tony little gazelle . Just trying to find myself again always been a little on the thick side started gaining at 15 yrs old . now Im 33 and ready to make a change for myself . im 202 pds. and I refuse to stay this weight. so move over fat here comes the new Donnett.........
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I just joined your group. I am a mom, student, employee, and graduate student. I have a full plate and my health has been in the back burner for a while. I want to turn it all around and get my sexy back, lol. Even though I don't know if I have ever ally been sexy. Seriously though, I want to be healthy for me and most importantly I really want to show my daughter how to be healthy. Kids really do learn by example and I want my daughter to have a great example.
  • CoochDeville
    CoochDeville Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi!
    Im a 28 year old busy mom of one, always on the go, and very happy on the whole.
    Let me start out by saying, i am proud of myself. :) i have lost 38lbs on my own so far. But now i have hit a plateau and im only 25lbs away from my initial goal!! urgh!
    i have only dropped 4lbs since January 1st.
    Ive got every excuse in the book, ive been sick, ive cheated a few too many times, i had to eat all that cake cause it was my birthday, i was too busy to get to the gym today, etc etc.
    And they are just excuses. But im still putting in a good amount of valiant effort, and not seeing a single benefit which is part of my feeling of defeat. I started toning at home (squats,planks,burbpees,bally ball crunches, kettlebells,etc) and cut my cardio down to 2-3 days a week. ( i originally started out with minimal toning and all cardio 6 days a week)

So heres my question... how should i go about breaking this plateau!?
    what will really boost my results?

Ive started a smoothie cleanse... but because of the workouts ive been putting a lot of protein and good fats in the smoothies,im wondering how much is too much of those fats and proteins? Usually im putting ,banana,ground flax seed,spinach,almond milk, coconut milk and a tsp of almond tofu.... Is this too much fats?

HELP!!
    im so close to my goal,and ive done so much for myself already,i do not want to be defeated by this!
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan. i joined MFP last year, but didn't follow through. I managed (don't ask me how) to lose 17 pounds on my own, but now I've hit that awful plateau. I decided to "rejoin" and actually follow through. I am currently at 195, but started at 217. I want to be between 150 and 160 someday. I have a son, Trezdon, who is 22 months old. I'm a special education teacher.
  • thano30
    thano30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I had my baby boy 6 1/2 months ago and am on my way to losing the baby weight! I gained around 80 lbs. when I was pregnant and the aftermath wasn't pretty..but I have lost most of the weight from working my butt off exercising and eating right.

I have 16 more pounds to get to my goal weight and 24 pounds to get to my ULTIMATE goal weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also new, and I also love soda haha... I weigh in at 224 pounds, being 5'9". I immediately switched to water when it really hit me that I needed to lose weight. I removed the soda from my home. I have my husbands 2-liters here and there, but that's it, and they're only kinds he likes. I have a three year old that doesn't drink soda at all, and I felt silly for doing something that's bad for my health that I tell her she can't do. I would say remove it from your home. I fill a 24 ounce water bottle 3 or 4 times a day, and just drink water. It's filling, and calorie free!
  • Mamma_on_a_mission
    Options
    Hey y'all (yes I'm from Texas and can even spell grammatically correct :D). I'm not only new to this group, but I'm new to MFP as well. I've been a mom for awhile now, but several of those years have been spent in school becoming a Medical Laboratory Technician and well ever heard of the Freshman 15? *sighs* more like the Freshman 30-40 over here. I've got 2 great kids and a wonderful husband that deals with most of their issues, but I'm still the mom in the house. Know the saying "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"? Sadly that's becoming more often around our house due to my feelings about my weight. I'm gonna change that. *points to username* see that? holding myself accountable from the beginning. Anyways, just wanted to jump in and say hi, so HI *waves* hope to have fun and learn from y'all and maybe get outta this rut I've dug.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenn. Just joined this site and am looking to find support. I read some of your introductions and started to cry because I feel the same way as a lot of you. I run to food to get comfort after the long days (especially during this very challenging spring vacation with my kids home.) My son is 5 with learning disabilities (pdd-nos, adhd, and speech apraxia) and my daughter is 3, typically developing but very precocious. She gives me a run for my money every day! I love them and my life, but yet at night, I find myself relieving the stress while standing in front of the reftigerator.
    I do much better when I hold myself accountable by tracking, and especially planning my meals. Readily available snacks and unfinished kids dinners are disasterous for me!
    I actually like exercise, and am doing a few things right now to get my exercise in. Couch potato challenge (week 5 currently), spinning 1xweek, and I'm using the wii fit. I'm also going to try and do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (the second I find what my kids did with my dvd. They are always taking my stuff! argh!!!)
    Good to meet you all. Feel free to add me.
  • acireamos
    acireamos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Erica. I am not new to MFP but am back to start my post baby weight loss. I had gotten to within 15 pounds of my goal a few years ago and then we moved, I got a desk job, we started trying to get pregnant and BAM! Gained 30 pounds like nothing! So, I want to get the whole family on a healthier path and just break this dieting cycle for myself. I have a 7 week old now and I am trying to balance sleep, breastfeeding and exercising so that I can start to shed some of these pounds! Feel free to add me!
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Teresa and I'm new to MFP but not new to nutrition and fitness. I have a baby that is almost a year and I am trying to get back that pre-baby body.I'm 5'3 and 140. I guess you could say that I'm thick because I have big boobs and a matching butt. I work-out five days a week. Two BodyPump classes, Two TurboKick Classes, and One Run in the fresh air. I eat 1250 calories a day and cheat every Saturday. I'm hoping to meet like minded moms. Feel free to add me ladies.
  • kimspoor
    kimspoor Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim. I'm new to MFP. I am trying to shed the weight that I don't need. I am 5'3 and i am weighting at 221.1. I have a 1 year old son. If I can lose some of this weight my back will even feel better. I love to drink Mt. Dew to and that dont help at all. I am a person that if i am busy I don't take a break to eat like i should. If anybody has anything that can help me get on track and help lose the weight it will be grateful. Anytime I have tried to lose weight. I ended up gaining instead of losing.
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laurie. I have a 15 month old son & I'm on a mission to lose this pregnancy weight, once & for all! I'm 5'2 and weight 135 ish. I would idealy like to be 118 ish. I miss my pre-prego body & clothes & I'm determined to get it back! I've signed up for a 1/2 marathon & started training about 6 weeks ago --- all to lose this weight! I've since lost 10 pounds! Finally - the scale started to go down! Good luck to everyone & let's get motivated to share any & all tips! :)
  • Cari222
    Cari222 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Cari
    I have been on MFP for a long time, but only using it only to track food and exercise.
    However, it appears that it is just not enough to motivate me to lose! I really thought I could do it myself, but apparently not.
    I really think that I need a support system and some accountability, this looked like a great group for that!
    I work full time (desk job) and the mother to 10yr old twins girls ..... I am ready for self improvement!
  • Mamabird1229
    Options
    Hi, My name is Liz. I live in Olathe,Ks. I have three girls.. ages 7,4,16 months and I do in-home daycare and I find it hard to find the time to exercise. Some days i forget to eat my meals so I dont eat all my calories for the day. I am looking for someone to help me stay motivated.
  • xoxMandyxox
    xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey Mamas!

My name is Amanda (or Mandy :smile), and I'm a mom of 3 little ones. Harley is a 4 year old girlie girl who's getting quite a bit of diva in her. She's ending her first year of Pre-K (missed the Kindergarten registration age limit by 5 weeks and a day), she loves playing with her friends and absolutely loves painting! Carma (sort for Carmella) is a 2 year old devil, who enjoys writing in my books, ripping up paper, and beating on her siblings. She's not all bad! She likes to cuddle, sometimes, plays well with Harley, and eats like a champ! Logan is almost 7 months old and just starting to crawl. If you'd call it that. He likes to get on his hands and feet, rather than hands and knees, walks his feet forward and then slides forward on his belly.

I've been with Jay, their father, for just over 5 years now, and he's supportive of my weight loss journey, even if he has a hard time coming to terms with me portioning food (he thinks I'm depriving/starving myself; I had to explain to him that what I eat are normal portions and not everyone can eat as much as they want and not gain weight like him :laugh). He wants to start weight lifting, and I can't wait to do it right along side him and show him lifting isn't just for the big boys :tongue:

My starting weight was 190 pounds. I lost 15 pounds before I got pregnant with little Logan. I somehow maintained my weight during the pregnancy and would up dropping to 168 pounds within days of him being born :noway: Since September 2012, I've lost another 10 ish pounds. Very slow, and even a few set backs, which bums me out like not tomorrow, but I'm back on track! I lost 4 pounds last week, bringing me back to my lowest weight on MFP of 155 or so pounds.

I joined this group hoping to become friends with more moms who understand the ups and downs of balancing kids, loves, friends, and life, as well as a weight loss journey. And accountability buddies are always fun! :heart: :heart:

I can't wait to make friends with you guys!! :happy: :smooched: