Introductions

Replies

• Hi There! I'm DevonsMaMa and I need some motivation to get me back on track! I'm 46 and I know what I need to do...I just have a hard time finding the energy to do it... I know once I get to the gym and I am going to feel GREAT afterwards...it's just getting there is the challenge. Feel so tired working fulltime job waking up at 5:30am. My sonDevon is 14 and just started weight lifting with the high school football team. He's my inspiration and my motivation! God has blessed me!!
  • frggsie
    frggsie Posts: 3 Member
    HI, I'm Melanie. I am 32 years old and was using MFP to track calories for a while but then fell off. I became a SAHM in October and gained 45lbs!! I have since lost 12 of those lbs but am now trying to lose the rest. My goal is 120ish. Trying to start eating healthy unprocessed foods, I just don't like many of them!
  • MrsHarvey2010
    MrsHarvey2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Not new to MFP just new to posting. I'm a 22yo mom of one, happily married to my BFF, trying to get from my current 145 to 125-ish. I'm not so picky on the number I just wanna look good naked to keep the hubby (and myself) happy ;) My big weaknesses are potatoes of any kind (this includes fries and chips) sweet tea (though I've successfully kicked that habit for the past two months) and Mexican chips/salsa. Let's get this party started :)
  • Hey fellow mamas! My name is Jackie, I'm nineteen and I have a 16 month old son. I am 130 lbs currently, and hoping to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 100 lbs; (I'm really short and 130 doesn't look good on me at all.) My weaknesses are soda and take out. Primarily Chinese take out. I'm a full-time college student for Medical Assisting and a server at a restaurant. You'd think the constant running around between an energetic toddler, school, and work would help keep the weight off but it doesn't. I'm always too tired to work out or eat right, and being at a restaurant for hours on end you tend to snack a little, or a lot. So I'm just looking for women to help keep me on track! Let's be weight-loss buddies? :]
  • My name is Christine. I am 38 years old, 5'4", and weigh 190 lbs. I have 4 sons, ages 14, 12, 10, and 4. I have struggled to lose weight, took some off, but discovered last week I have put 15 lbs back on. So, I am going to get serious again.
    Since my last son was born, I weigh more than I ever have. I cannot seem to break the 170 barrier. I keep getting there, then bouncing back up.
    I have changed the way I eat a great deal, so I think the main problem must be exercise. My goal is to walk every day.

Feeling very frustrated with it all, but determined not to give up.
  • HeidiN007
    HeidiN007 Posts: 1
    Hello! I just joined this group. My name is Heidi. I have been pregnant for 4 years in a row now...I have a 3 1/2 year old and a newborn (7 weeks). In between my children I was a gestational carrier and I miscarried after that when I was 3 months pregnant. I am SO out of shape and would love some support! I am currently 178 lbs and would like to be around 130. Right now I am a "stay at home mom"...I use the quotations because I do hair out of my friend's in-home salon. 'Friend' me if you want a partner in getting in shape!
  • CatherineJean11
    CatherineJean11 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi guys! Im Catherine. 22 yrs old. I am 5'4 and 174lbs, I started using MFP on my phone a couple of weeks ago. I am a mom to only one, Tara is 4. I am trying to lose a bit of weight before I have another one. I gained quite a bit from my first pregnancy. I was 108 lbs and was 155 a week after she was born. I have since gained more and hit the 200 lb mark a couple months ago. Since starting MFP I lost a little over 20lbs. I don't work but will be in September. I live with my brother, brother in law and my husband. It is SO hard to stick with it. Everyone in my house eats so poorly, its so easy to catch on. Im hoping joining a group will help me stay in the game. I have not felt like myself in such a long time. My goal is 130lbs. Feel free to add me :D
  • Megan2131
    Megan2131 Posts: 6
    Hi just joined..I'm a mother of 2 ( 2 years, and 8 months) my current weight is 195 but hoping to get down to 160. Just looking for some people to help motivate me.
  • Hi! I'm new to MFP and loving it so far. I wanted to join a group and since Im a new mom and trying to loose the baby weight, I thought this would be perfect. I'm a full-time working mom to a 16 month old. I am married and 26 years old. I gained 50 pounds while I was pregnant (went from 145 to 195) and I'm 5'5. I lost 51 pounds, through sparkpeople and running twice a week (trust me, I'm a horrible runner) and now I'm stuck at 144. It's been a few months and I can't seem to loose the extra 10 punds. So, here I am! I'm always looking for new friends for support and motivation. Feel free to add me!
  • Hi, My name is Jess and I am 27 years old. I have a 4 month old little boy and I am a first time mom. I have just had a major life change with this because I used to work full time, now I am home most of the time and I work part time. Before I got pregnant I weighed more than I wanted. I was 150lbs at 5'2". Pregnancy added 31lbs, and I am now at 159lbs. I am struggling to lose this weight. I just joined MFP 2 days ago and I am inspired by all of the success people are reporting. I love that its the good old fashioned way of losing weight...I want to be accountable for my calorie intake. I am already learning so much more about the food I consume. Its been eye opening and I hope that keeping the food diary will really help me stay motivated. I want to be 125, I hope I make it !!! :)
  • Hi, My name is Rachel and I have two wonderful childern my daughter 2 and my son 4 months. I am like most of you and trying to balance the world on my shoulders and with me being over weight it is not easy....I am currently a SAHM only doing school for the moment and plan on adding to my plate by going back to work once my Son is crawling. I just want to be healthy for my kids and myself I am also getting married this december and really want to look great on my wedding day! Im looking forward to the much needed support and motivation!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Hi everyone!! I have been a part of this group since it first started and I am so happy to see so many new members!! I have been on MFP for a while but I am just now really getting serious about getting healthy. Anyways...

I am a 29 year old married mother of two - Isiah is 7 and Gavin is 17 months old - they and my husband are my world!! I am originally from Illinois but I am currently stationed in Groton, Connecticut - yep, I am in the military. I have been in the U.S. Navy for a little over 12 years.

Growing up I never had weight issues - I ate whatever, whenever and after two kids it is so hard to stop that lifestyle now. I gained 60 pounds with my oldest and then lost about 40 of that, got married and gained 20 pounds and then got pregnant again....I only gained 20 pounds with Gavin which I proceeded to lose very quickly but then by sheer laziness I gained it all back....plus more....

I have to get my act together - not only for me and my family but also for my career!!!

Feel free to add me!
  • lrobannon
    lrobannon Posts: 12
    Hello, I have been a member of mfp for a while off and on, but as today I have decided enough is enough. I am a 33 yr old wife & mother of 3 ages 14,13,8yrs old, they keep me very busy with activities. I'm looking for some supportive friends that will help me in my weight loss journey. I am determined to stay motivated this time and not give up. I want my "high school skinny back".
  • I Have been a member of MFP for about a year now but got pregnant with my second daughter and stopped using it. Well my daughter is now 5 weeks old and I am looking to lose the extra weight! I have a daughter who will be 3 next month and a daughter that turned 5 weeks old today! Taking care of a newborn is tiring and taskful enough added to taking care of my first daughter. I don't eat much but I still don't lose any weight! I need motivation!
  • skutrmnky
    skutrmnky Posts: 8
    Hi my name is Stephanie and I am a mother of an extremely active 3 year old. Unfortunately i can't blame all my weight gain on pregnancy as I weighed less right after i gave birth than before i got pregnant. I have gained quite a bit in these 3 years. I was up to 245 before i got serious a few weeks ago and started using my MFP every day. I have lost 10 pounds which is awesome but i need to get down to around 140 to have an ideal BMI. I have a long way to go but I am more determined than ever. I was never a chubby kid and was about 135 when i graduated high school. I went on the Depo shot after high school for about a year and gained 40 pounds. When i got off of it I kept gaining and had 4 miscarriages and was diagnosed with PCOS. Finally when I was 26 I had my wonderful baby boy. I don't have the PCOS symptoms anymore but i need to get more motivated to lose this excess weight so i can play with my son and keep up with him.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Hi, I'm Jennifer....I'm the mom of two little ones (3 years and 22 months). I work full time out of the home too, but I'm committed to getting healthy. My dad is a severe diabetic and I don't want my kids to go on that roller coaster that I did. Watching my dad deal with diabetes has had such a negative impact on me, but also got me on a healthy track.

I do all of my work outs at home, try and eat as healthy as I can, and I love spending time being active with my family.
  • Hi there. My name is Danielle. I'm a new MFP member. Just started a "Biggest Loser" thing in our city last night! I go to the gym for the first time EVER today while my 4 year old is at preschool. SO nervous, but ready. I'm 5'10", 249lbs. I want to get below 200. I have a long way to go! Hoping to find some new friends along the way who actually know what I'm going through. Glad to be a part of the group! :smile:
  • Hi, My name is Michelle. I am a 32 year old mother of three. I am very new to MFP. I am very excited and very pumped to do the right thing not only for myself but also my children. I had a heart attack in May of 2012. My goal is to lose 31 pounds. I am currently going to school online which I plan on being done in one year. After I am done with school, I plan on working out of my house as a contracted accountant. Leading this very sedimentary life style, it is very important for me to keep focused. I recently quite smoking which was a humungous step for me. I believe my biggest down fall in this whole thing is going to be McDonald's french fries. That has been one of my favorite foods since I was a little girl. I hope to meet other mothers trying to do the same thing that I am. :wink:
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    My name is Amanda, and I'm a mother of 3 great kids. Harley's 4 years old, and she's taking tumbling classes starting today! Carmella (Carma for short) is 2, and she's currently in love with Tinkerbell. Logan is 10 months old and it popping teeth like popcorn! I'm engaged to a wonderful guy, who just recently was told by his doctor to start being more physically active and to watch his diet because he's bordering on being overweight. Which just means I now have a workout partner, too ::laugh::

I'm currently 30 pounds overweight, and I'm hoping to lose 20 of that by Christmas! (Give or take a few pounds.)
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Hello all! I just joined this group today also and am ready to lose the rest of my weight for good! I also want to teach my two kids that being healthy is the way to go :) I hope to talk with some of you to share some support, encouragement and tips! Please check out my blog and/or profile! Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journeys as well!