Introductions

Options
Use this area to meet each other and get the conversation started. Can't wait to meet you all!

Replies

• KacieLyn1924
    Options
    Hi 6W2SJ!! My name is Kacie. I am 29 years old and will be 30 in May. Last fall I made myself a promise to be in amazing shape by my 30th birthday and I am carrying it into the New Year as my resolution!! I started at a comfy size 12 and I am a size 8 now, which is getting to be on the bigger side already. I have been dieting and exercising since the end of last August. I just finished reading the book on my IPad and it is so well written and such an easy read. I loved every minute of it!! Started my diet today. I even tried some recipes from the book!! The skinny soup is so so good. Can't wait to continue on this journey and thank you for all your expertise and knowledge I have now been enlightened with from your book :)
  • Hi Kacie,

I can't wait to follow your journey! I'm so happy you enjoyed the book. If you get time I would love for you to leave a review on Amazon.com and Google or wherever you downloaded it. All of you ladies so inspire me!

Feel free to friend me!
    SixWeeksToSkinnyJeans

:-) Amy Cotta
  • PaigeJMP
    PaigeJMP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 34 years old, just bought the book last week, and I'm on the diet and exercise plan. I'm not overweight at all, but after having 2 kids (last one born Summer 2010) I find that my old clothes do not fit right, and i just need to lose the extra 10-15 pounds to take me from a size 8 to a 6 or 4. I'm currently 135 and 5'8". I'm looking forward to posting my results in 6 weeks!
  • Hi canuckmom2,

So glad to have you join us!

Remember to have fun on the journey. Chapter 11 will give you ideas of how to live in your Skinny Jeans after you're done with the butt busing 6 weeks.

:-) Amy
  • kristinw37
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristin , mom of 2 boys. I just bought the book and will start on Mon with the diet and exercise. I have about 16 lbs to lose so I am excited to get started.
  • Hi Kristin,
    So happy to have you with us!!!
    Please feel free to friend me @ Sixweekstoskinnyjeans

Good luck, have fun!!!
    Amy
  • Hi! My name is Gisele. I'm a PhD student and mom to a beautiful and energetic 19-month old boy. I am definitely overweight and cannot imagine how I could have gone from a size 6 8 years ago to a size 14 today. Actually, no, I know exactly how I got here and it involved lots of food and very little exercise. I started following the plan outlined in the book Monday and have already lost close to 4 lbs to I am super excited and motivated!
  • Hi Gisele...!!!
    I'm so.... excited for you!!! I too found myself in a similar place after having my four year old. It's okay that we fell, cause we have made the choice to get back up and take back our lives. I will be right there cheering you on! Make sure to visit me on Facebook too I check multiple times per day and will keep you fully motivated! www.facebook.com/sixweekstoskinnyjeans

I look forward hearing about and following your journey.

Live life. Love yourself. Be healthy.
    Amy
  • torijo57
    torijo57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tori, I'm a teacher and 54 yrs old. I have alot to lose. After reading the introducations and seeing how little everyone has to drop I wonder if this will work for me. I figure I'll just have to continue longer on the plan. I hope that it will get me in the habit of eating health because my health is getting bad, BP and pre-debetic. Since I just got the book yesterday I'm still confuse as what I'm eating but will review today. I really need to do this.
  • Hi Tori,
    Welcome aboard!

Jump to page 116. It completely outlines the first three weeks of eating for you. You can also find sample eating plans starting on page 215. You will do great. Remember to keep a good attitude, believe that you can do anything you set your mind too... and if you stumble along the way, forgive yourself and immediately jump back on.

Don't forget to build your Can Do Society! This is really important!!! Take as many girlfriends on the journey with you. Lastly, log every morsel of food (on here) that goes in your mouth for the next six weeks. This will really help get those good habits going. Have fun!

Amy
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Stacy. I'm a 38 year old single mother of a 13 year old girl & 20 year old son. I have been on a diet roller coaster for many years and the scale has been going in the wrong direction, but I'm ready to change that now! I just bought the book on my iPad...saw it in prevention & read the sample. I'm so excited to think that I could actually be 2 sizes smaller in 6 weeks. Looking forward to reading the rest of the weekend & starting my journey on Monday.
  • Hi Stacy!

So glad you found us. Believe the roller-coster stops here and it will. The next six weeks is about learning discipline, so you can take what you "can live with" and "live with it" for life. If at any time you start to doubt yourself -- I want you read Crossing Over at the back of the book and see yourself writing your own story there. Have fun, enjoy the journey.

Hope to see you on FaceBook www.facebook.com/sixweekstoskinnyjeans -- don't forget to build your society, it really does help.

Amy
  • tjdonithan
    Options
    Hello ... I just recently purchased your book while I was out celebrating my 40th birthday. I'm very excited as it's already close to what I'm doing, but provides additional support and tools I real need. I started today and so far so good. So, we'll see how this goes. Thank you for taking personal interests in your followers!

-- Tonya
  • melissaannegreenwood
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited to start this journey! I'm 27 and IUsedto be a lot more active and eat a lot healthier up until 2 years ago when I got sick. I can't wait to get back into my skinny jeans!!

Amy, I just bought your book today and am loving it so far! Your a lovely writer and I enjoy your honesty about weight loss and what it takes.

Can't wait to meet everyone here!

Melissa
  • Hi Tonya,
    So glad you're with us! Remember to start chatting with us all over on Facebook as well. Facebook.com/sixweekstoskinnyjeans and friend me here at sixweekstoskinnyjeans

Enjoy the journey.

Amy
  • Hi Melissa,
    Thank you so much. I'm glad you're enjoying the book.

Remember you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. Come over and chat with us on Facebook as well. Facebook.com/sixweekstoskinnyjeans and friend me here at sixweekstoskinnyjeans

Enjoy the journey. You got this!

Amy
  • kellsum
    kellsum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I ready through the "Six Weeks to Skinny Jeans" book last week. I am pumped up and ready to go!

Here I go... day 1!
  • devilyoda
    devilyoda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have read the "Six Weeks to Skinny Jeans" book twice so far in the past month. I am on week 1 day 4. I am super excited! I am currently 190 with a goal weight of 140 (though I know I won't get there in 6 weeks) I plan on making this my lifestyle change. I am 30 years old and told myself when I was 29 that I wanted to get in shape (pre-kids). Well, I am almost 31 now. I have 2 small children, ages 3 and 6. My husband recently lost 50 pounds and I wanted to look better and feel better as well. He just keeps talking about how much easier things are and how great he feels. (I was a bit jealous)
  • You've got this Kellsum... Build that "Can Do Society" and live "as if" failure were impossible. <3 Amy

See you on Facebook.com/sixweekstoskinnyjeans -- you can friend me here @ Sixweekstoskinnyjeans and inspirational messages on Pinterest.com @amycotta same for twitter.
  • Hi Devilyoda,
    Welcome!! So glad you'll have the support of your hubby - that will really help. Make sure to connect with us all - here are some other places you can connect.

Facebook.com/sixweekstoskinnyjeans -- you can friend me here @ Sixweekstoskinnyjeans and inspirational messages on Pinterest.com @amycotta same for twitter.

Enjoy the journey!
    Amy