Getting Started

Options
As we will all have our own goals with calorie intake and exercise I think the best thing is for me to do a discussion each Saturday (weigh-in day) so everyone can write down their weight and measurements and we can help motivate each other. What do you think? x

Replies

• Jen_Ohara
    Options
    That sounds good to me.
  • Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds great. Can't wait to start!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Works for me.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge! : )
  • mummyv811
    Options
    Perfect :)
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thank you so muchfor organising this!!

Roll on the New Year :wink:

Jules x
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yay
    At last, a decent challenge..
    Mind you, I think I will struggle a lot with the coffee challenge..
    I have been De-Caf for over a year now and have cut my coffee intake down to 7 cups per day..
    Which is good really because I was on at least 2 cups per hour...

Looking forward to this challenge..
  • Andylee63
    Options
    Just wondering what the goal weights are...
    Are they 5% or 10% goals, or what ever you want?

Realistically, I think they ought to be 5% goals. These are more achievable.. :wink:

My subscription to The Biggest Loser online Club runs out in the new year, so this is excellent.
    If anyone needs motivation, I am always to hand....
    On here most of the day anyway :blushing:
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    My goal is going to be 1lb per week weight loss, not too sure how the measurements work? but I will post my weight and measurements each week...if we lose more then its all good and whoever reaches the 25lbs first wins the challenge...but no cheating i.e. starving and over exercising!! this HAS to be done the healthy way guys :)

Andy - just do what you can, these are my personal goals but obvs tweak it a little, say just cut down to 6 cups a day instead of 7 that's an acheivement in itself :) ps thanks for your message, I might take you up on the offer

Any recommendations as to how we can improve the challenge is much appreciated...I was thinking maybe once we reach our goal we all have something we want to treat ourselves to?? (not food/drink related) and when we reach it we can go out and buy it??
  • Andylee63
    Options
    Yey Kelsey...:smile:

If you are doing 4 x 1hr sessions per week, may I suggest a 1000cal burn per session.
    Seeing as it takes 3500cals to burn 1lb of fat... You will have 500cals left over during the week..
  • pattybernal
    pattybernal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i really like the idea.
    when you say treat, do you mean like i saw some skinney jeans and once i have accomplished the 25 pound lost i go out to get them?
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    1000 calorie burn might be a bit too much for me to burn in an hour...I could get 500 for sure :)

Yes like skinny jeans....that is what you need to motivate you something really nice that you want and once you have lost the 25lbs (even if its before 25 weeks) you buy them and upload a pic of you in them :D....I think mine will be a new bag.....
  • pattybernal
    Options
    Great!
  • pattybernal
    Options
    Great!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My treat is going to be a DRESS!!
    I've always worn trousers and baggy tops as they've helped hide a multiple of sins/bulges - you name it!!!

My wedding anniversary is the 22nd June - so I WILL be DRESSing up :heart:
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    Jules you are a great motivator...you will definitely come in handy for this challenge :)

I am going to take your tip and do the table for everyone's weight/measurements each week - I will do another discussion board on 2nd of January and you all need to message me your details so I can start the spread sheet and each Saturday we will update and see how much weight/inches we have lost :)

Can I ask that we do the weight in lbs and the measurement in inches? just to keep it consistent? x
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    This sounds great, gotta get ready and head to work now but I'll have a proper look lter and get some starting measurements :D
  • blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to starting this challenge.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Can't wait to begin!
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am ready! R u saying that we can only work out 4 times a week for1 hour at a time. I have OCD and often work out 6 to 7 times a week. I would have a really hard time only working out 4 times a week. I am so looking forward to this challenge!

thank you for all ur work,
    denise