Whats for Dinner

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Tonight I am having

3 meat balls Big veggie salad with lots of veggies Vinegar and olive oil dressing Hot tea.

Bedtime snack 1/2 c, of greek yogurt with 2 t of dry line SF jello

Marie

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and bacon
    Caesar salad, no croutons
    Steamed asparagus
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sounds like a great meal, Thanks give me an ideal of what others are eating.

Marie.
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Shepard's pie with peas and carrots and mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes with some roasted garlic and butter added into it :-D

snack will prob be a few teaspoons of PB mixed into a lil Greek yogurt :D
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Roasted turkey breast, diced, freshly sliced green peppers, onions, portabella mushrooms and celery, mixed in a casserole dish with mozzarella, parmesan, a compound butter of fresh herbs, a few bleu cheese crumbles and country creamer..

Baked in the oven with a, little kosher salt, black pepper, fresh gahhhhhhlic....and OHHHH it was sooo good!
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    Roasted turkey breast, diced, freshly sliced green peppers, onions, portabella mushrooms and celery, mixed in a casserole dish with mozzarella, parmesan, a compound butter of fresh herbs, a few bleu cheese crumbles and country creamer..

Baked in the oven with a, little kosher salt, black pepper, fresh gahhhhhhlic....and OHHHH it was sooo good!

YUUUMMMMMM *wipes drool from face*
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    my dinner will be a bowl of chicken chili with sweet peppers rings and a salad with vinegar and olive oil
    snack will be greek yogurt with a T of whipping cream
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    my dinner will be a bowl of chicken chili with sweet peppers rings and a salad with vinegar and olive oil
    care to hare your chili recipe??
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    tonights dinner is breakfast! haha

fried eggs and sausage bake (bell peppers onions garlic with all natural no mg or gluten sausage)
    making fluffy pancakes for the bf too but def none for me
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Coming around again...

Freshly grilled 1" thick Top-choice sirloin with my spice rub blend.

Shirataki "fettucini" was made into an alfredo-side dish using a non-dairy coffee creamer, freshly grated parmesan and a compound-herbal butter

Sauteed green peppers, baby bellas and onions with fresh gahhhhhhlic, a light splash of worcestershire sauce..

Its going down like 'budduh'!
  • CALIECAT
    Options

I really don;t have a recipe. I am a dumper. But the best of my memory i used about 2 cups of the chopped onions ,pepers, celeries Saute them in 1 T. coconut oil Add the ground chicken And broke it all up as I cook them Then add 1/2 pkg of kroger chili mix and a small can of diced tomatoes Simmer for a little while Had some left overs for my dinner tonight The chili mix pkg said it had 6 grams of carbs and 1 gran of sugar. So it should be OK on a low carb diet..

Marie

:flowerforyou:
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Tonight is beef coconut curry with riced cauliflower. OM NOM NOM.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    dennydifferen

How do you make the beef coconut curry with riced cauliflower It sounds delish. Mind sharing?
    :flowerforyou: Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I made some califower rice for lunch nd it was not bad. I pour some of my chicken chili over it. Will have it again tonight with some grilled fish and a saladGreek yogurt for a bedtime snack.
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    Coming around again...

Freshly grilled 1" thick Top-choice sirloin with my spice rub blend.

Shirataki "fettucini" was made into an alfredo-side dish using a non-dairy coffee creamer, freshly grated parmesan and a compound-herbal butter

Sauteed green peppers, baby bellas and onions with fresh gahhhhhhlic, a light splash of worcestershire sauce..

Its going down like 'budduh'!

ugh please come live with me and cook me all this amazing-ness! haha
  • bmonahan115
    Options

I really don;t have a recipe. I am a dumper. But the best of my memory i used about 2 cups of the chopped onions ,pepers, celeries Saute them in 1 T. coconut oil Add the ground chicken And broke it all up as I cook them Then add 1/2 pkg of kroger chili mix and a small can of diced tomatoes Simmer for a little while Had some left overs for my dinner tonight The chili mix pkg said it had 6 grams of carbs and 1 gran of sugar. So it should be OK on a low carb diet..

Marie

oh sweet, do you think it'd still be good with tomatoes? trying to omit nightshades as much as i can, still have green peppers from my garden so i'll use them up until they're gone but wanna try this looks yummy!
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    tonights dinner is a bunless 1/2lb burger with white cheddar cheese slices avocado slices with some buttered spicy cauliflower :D
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork chop with steamed asparagus!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie

oh sweet, do you think it'd still be good with tomatoes? trying to omit nightshades as much as i can, still have green peppers from my garden so i'll use them up until they're gone but wanna try this looks yummy!
    You mean no tomatoes.. I would imagine it would Oh what is it you calling nightshades. I am trying to learn all I can. from you younger folks.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    12 ounces NY strip. 2 laughing cow spreadable cheese wedges. 1 diced roma tomato.
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Beef coconut curry. I actually adapted this from an old vegan recipe! I'm in the UK which might confuse things- just play around with the quantities, it's pretty forgiving.

Ingredients, for one person:
    butter/coconut oil/ghee/your chosen oil
    100g Tesco beef strips (or just cut some steak into strips I guess!)
    half a 50g packet of creamed coconut
    60g button mushrooms if you want
    30g raw cashew nuts or a couple spoonfuls of cashew nut butter
    about half a cup of boiling water (40/50ml?)
    half an onion or 2 spring onions (scallions)
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tsp garam masala
    1 tsp turmeric
    chili powder and other spices/salt etc to taste

Chop and fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a frying pan...skillet...wok...as you like ;)
    When soft and the mushroom "juice" is gone, add the beef and stir fry for a minute or so
    Mix the creamed coconut in the water until melted and add to the pan BEFORE the beef is cooked through (unless you like your beef like old leather)
    Chuck in the spices and cashew nuts/nut butter.
    (The original recipe called for soya cream at this point to make it more like korma. You could add cream, I don't bother)
    Turn the heat up and allow the sauce to reduce and become sticky. And you're done!

It's not a very good looking dish but it tastes great!