Whats for Dinner

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever seen cream of coconut. Is it the sane as canned oconut milk? Now the coconut oil I am familar with. But it sounds good.
    Marie

I was not feeling up to par tonight and has some of my husband Mac and cheese 1/2 cup. of it.
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    my dinner will be a bowl of chicken chili with sweet peppers rings and a salad with vinegar and olive oil
    snack will be greek yogurt with a T of whipping cream
    care to hare your chili recipe??

I really don;t have a recipe. I am a dumper. But the best of my memory i used about 2 cups of the chopped onions ,pepers, celeries Saute them in 1 T. coconut oil Add the ground chicken And broke it all up as I cook them Then add 1/2 pkg of kroger chili mix and a small can of diced tomatoes Simmer for a little while Had some left overs for my dinner tonight The chili mix pkg said it had 6 grams of carbs and 1 gran of sugar. So it should be OK on a low carb diet..

Marie

:flowerforyou:

oh sweet, do you think it'd still be good with tomatoes? trying to omit nightshades as much as i can, still have green peppers from my garden so i'll use them up until they're gone but wanna try this looks yummy!
    You mean no tomatoes.. I would imagine it would Oh what is it you calling nightshades. I am trying to learn all I can. from you younger folks.

haha yes i meant without nightshades! thank you added this to my menu next week! so pumped! haha

heres a link about nightshades very informative without being overwhelming: http://www.balancedbites.com/PDFs/BalancedBites_Nightshades.pdf
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    12 ounces NY strip. 2 laughing cow spreadable cheese wedges. 1 diced roma tomato.

hom nomnom nom sounds goood
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    Beef coconut curry. I actually adapted this from an old vegan recipe! I'm in the UK which might confuse things- just play around with the quantities, it's pretty forgiving.

Ingredients, for one person:
    butter/coconut oil/ghee/your chosen oil
    100g Tesco beef strips (or just cut some steak into strips I guess!)
    half a 50g packet of creamed coconut
    60g button mushrooms if you want
    30g raw cashew nuts or a couple spoonfuls of cashew nut butter
    about half a cup of boiling water (40/50ml?)
    half an onion or 2 spring onions (scallions)
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tsp garam masala
    1 tsp turmeric
    chili powder and other spices/salt etc to taste

Chop and fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a frying pan...skillet...wok...as you like ;)
    When soft and the mushroom "juice" is gone, add the beef and stir fry for a minute or so
    Mix the creamed coconut in the water until melted and add to the pan BEFORE the beef is cooked through (unless you like your beef like old leather)
    Chuck in the spices and cashew nuts/nut butter.
    (The original recipe called for soya cream at this point to make it more like korma. You could add cream, I don't bother)
    Turn the heat up and allow the sauce to reduce and become sticky. And you're done!

It's not a very good looking dish but it tastes great!

thanks for sharing!
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    Baked wild caught salmon filets side of peas & carrots with a dill hollandaise :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    2597074pgo45m0alk.gif

Hi you all
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    798010miqp5wumve.gif

1/2 hamburger, salad, 1 tangerine Cofee
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Roasted pickled pork, + a little salad.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    798147gy479m9bj4.gif

798147gy479m9bj4.gif

Roasted pork loin, sweet potatoes, salad
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    Italian sausage stuffed with provolone and green peppers links, with sauteed green pepper and onions and about 2 cups of chopped broccoli with roasted garlic nomnom

last night i missed sharing but it was marinated pork loin chops and a heapin' serving of cauli-mash with feta and raw garlic!
  • Kymmu
    Options
    I invented a low carb chocolate cake based on pureed pumpkin, almond meal, cocoa powder, honey and egg.
    I have it with whipped heavy cream and a few blueberries.
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    I invented a low carb chocolate cake based on pureed pumpkin, almond meal, cocoa powder, honey and egg.
    I have it with whipped heavy cream and a few blueberries.

how many carbs for the whole thing and also per serving? i'd love to have a dessert option for Christmas dinner but really thinking it may be impossible until reading your post! :) mind sharing the recipe?
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did a dry rub on some country-style ribs and put them back in the fridge. Then I made a homemade low-carb bbq sauce and put it in the fridge. Tomorrow those ribs are going to simmer allllllll day. I really want to make some mock mashed potatoes to go with it too. I can't wait for dinner tomorrow!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had homemade hamburger soup with lots of low carbs veggies 5 wheat crackers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nerry Christmas and a Happy New Year~~~~~~~~~~~~ Marie
  • Kymmu
    Options
    King prawns, diced pork and various vegies sauteed in sesame oil, garlic and ginger .
    Of course my chocolate cake cream and blueberry dessert...
  • bmonahan115
    Options
    tonights dinner is meatloaf with cauliflower gratin with white cheddar cheese and some creamed spinach :D
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I may be droping out for as soon as I get my book on the Mayo diet Book. i will be following it I think it is still a pretty low carbs program tho. It cut down on fats, protein Get 3 fruit a day Hey I like that here is my dinner I had tonight

for dinner I had 2 oz of pork roast, 2 cups cup of okra and tomotoes 2 Cuties clementine Ice tea., 1/2 of honey bun whole wheat hamburgr bun toasted with 1 t of butter
    Gosh am I full.
    I think this is a typical menu Marie
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Champange.
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Seared salmon and scrambled eggs made with cream.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options