Welcome everyone! Come and introduce yourself!

Options
12346»

Replies

• CharbyOttawa
    CharbyOttawa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sylvie, and I live in Orleans. I've lost 67 lbs so far, and I'm trying to lose another 17. My graph doesn't reflect my total weight loss, as I only joined MFP this year, but have been exercising and watching my food intake since Thanksgiving 2011.

You may see me biking along the Ottawa River Parkway in the mornings and evenings during rush hour. If you want a buddy for cyclo-commuting, feel free to send me a message.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi to all , my name is Diane born in Hull which is now called Gatineau, raised in the original part of Gatineau at that time it was called Gatineau Mills because of the CIP company. I worked in Ottawa for Bell Canada retired in 1995 now live in the Laurentians..In Ottawa I also worked for the Bank of Canada , that was in my younger years.. I have been on MFP now since January 2012, before coming to MFP I was on another program and had lost 32 pounds , having a hard time losing the next 30 pounds....hope to read about you all..glad to have found the group..take care
  • mel_2812
    mel_2812 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Melanie and just found this group.
    I'm from Gatineau and working at Portage.
    I'm 27 years old and I find that MFP is really great to track food/exercise! I would like to lose around 50 lbs by May 2014.

My first language is French but I'm fluent in English as well.

Don't hesitate to add me in your MFP friends if you like!
  • Katou86
    Options
    Hello All,

My name is Kate, I am 27. Born and raised in Metcalfe, a good ole country girl. Just moved into Ottawa this summer. I lost 65lbs last year and was really happy with my body. In January of this year I wuit smoking. Now I am up 25lbs and ready to kick their butt!! I just joined MFP and dn't have any friends yet. So if anyone wants to add me feel free! :)
  • RitaCarriere
    RitaCarriere Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name's Rita. I'm 36 and live in Petawawa.
  • Scobra41
    Scobra41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Scott and I live in Kanata. I am a regular at the dog parks in the area and also at the GoodLife on Eagleson. Cheers!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am C! I live in Ottawa (Downtown...) work a lot.. and love to run. I currently go to the Athletic club or run along downtown somewhere.

Feels free the add me!

Cheers!
  • True_Grit
    True_Grit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

New to the group, I've in the region since 2001. Happy to join you on this journey.

Danielle
  • SandraJ72
    SandraJ72 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Sandra and I've lived in Ottawa all my life. I had a very active job for quite a few years but for the past 7 have been sitting behind a desk and it has not agreed with my body composition!! I'm now looking to lose about 40 pounds and get fit again. I've been on and off MFP since 2012 but have been completely committed over the past 3 months. After living the westend for most of my life, I made the move to Orleans about 2 years ago. Would love to know if anyone is looking for a walking buddy in the Fallingbrook area a couple of evenings a week? If so, please add me as friend and send me a message :smile:
  • mckinnon567
    mckinnon567 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I seem to be OLD compared to most of you. But that doesnt matter does it? I managed to stay slim most of my life, until the big M - I struggle to get rid of this unwanted extra 12 lbs.

I could use support! Thanks.
  • mckinnon567
    Options
    Hi Sandra. It's not an easy task, but it can be done. What can I do to help you?
  • mckinnon567
    Options
    Hi. A big thumbs up to up you!
  • BooOttawa
    BooOttawa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am a 45 year mother who was extremely proud to have lost 25 lbs two years ago using MFP and WW meetings. My social life and a move later and pow ... :embarassed: gain that back and more so I am back and needing to lose at least 50 to be in a good BMI range. Now with the "change" happening, it is a lot more difficult to lose so I will be here for the long haul. Looking for people to keep in accountable, motivate and inspire. Good luck and hope to hear from you.
  • sherbiecan
    sherbiecan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Sherbie. I have lived and still living in Ottawa most of my life but did lived in Winnipeg and Cold Lake for a few years. I have no children unless you count the mini dachshund as my baby as she is very spoiled with love and treats.

I have been up and down with my weight loss and really need to focus on the weight loss as I can't afford my weight to go up any more. I have type 2 diabetes and want to get off the pills before the end of the year. I have a major weakness and that is potato chips and I need to find a healthier snack and keep my hands busy which I can by doing my cross stitching which I enjoy and it relaxes me.

I have a few goals and challenges for this year and even though the year is almost over, it is still not too late to start.

Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!!

Sherbie