I'm really excited.

Options

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to start having trouble at the end of the first week. I can do 5 but 7 is pretty tough. I can do 30 sissy push ups with no problem.

It's just one more everyday. we can do this!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested, those who complete the challenge as written will have done 67,161 pushups (and sit-ups) over the course of the year.

Although, I suspect some people, at least, will be doing more overall.
  • Maciaver
    Options
    Just joined and I'm ready to rock the push-ups. Lets do this!
  • zeryn
    zeryn Posts: 5
    Options
    Count me in! This sounds fun. Bring on the burning of the arms...!
  • lorainekc
    Options
    Mark me down for sit-ups and pushups!!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    OK... Ummm... I'm excited... and a little nervous! WOW! Can't believe I just agreed to do this one, but hoping that my arms are gonna be STRONG by next year this time!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The official start date seems so far away, so I've been making sure to include pushups in every workout.

Today: 58 consecutive diamond pushups

Tomorrow will be T pushups. Goal is 30 consecutive.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am in for both the push up and sit up portion. Not sure that I won't be moving into sets after about the first three days :blushing: but there are 24 hours in a day so if I can only do one at a time, there is plenty of time to get them in until my strength builds up.
  • r77obo
    r77obo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    6 days to go......
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My husband, who needs to lose weight but isn't ready, has agreed to do this with me. :)
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I'm really excited about getting started! I hope I can keep up. :smile:
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would love to participate in this challenge if it's still open. Count me in for both:) I do pretty decent with cardio but need to up my strength training.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Push ups are one of my hardest challenges so this is really great! I've heard of doing this before and thought about trying it but managed to shove it out of my mind. So, then along comes your challenge so it's time for me to actually do it!
    Can't wait to start!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Im going to combine this with sit ups - 31st December i should be doing 366 sit ups too...

Challenge accepted. I'll do that too.

Sounds like a great idea! I'm going to try to do both as well! I can do a whole lot more sit ups than push ups!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be a group/public tracking sheet? Or is everyone doing this on their own?

Just getting excited and prepared for the new year!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Is there going to be a group/public tracking sheet? Or is everyone doing this on their own?

Just getting excited and prepared for the new year!

Everyone will be tracking their own.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I can barely do a push up....well okay I haven't tried in a very long time, but I'll do what I can and use this to motivate myself!
  • Lp80
    Lp80 Posts: 29
    Options
    This will be hard but fun :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested, those who complete the challenge as written will have done 67,161 pushups (and sit-ups) over the course of the year.

Although, I suspect some people, at least, will be doing more overall.

whoa...that's a lot of pushups and situps!
This discussion has been closed.