Brief introduction

Options
2»

Replies

• chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi! Everyone, my name is Michele (Chell for short) I am 56 years old mother of two grown children and have 4 grand children. I never had to fight before to keep weight off until I had a Heart Attack (6 yrs ago) and the medication plus quitting smoking really did a job on me. I have tried a number of different diets with no success (Jenny Craig expensive, Weight Watchers got bored, Alli didn't work) a friend of mine told me of this site and I joined about 3 - 4 weeks ago, I love it.

I started off good lost a total of 4 lbs then the Holiday game and it all went out the window.....booooooohoooo!! Gained 3 back so now I am working to beat the band........My Cardioligist wants me to go to 170 lbs by June and he told me I can't do it.....so I am more determine to prove him wrong I don't only want to lose the weight I want to pass his total and I will I tell myself I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

HW: 198.8 (Jan. 2011)
    SW: 192.7 (Dec. 2011)
    GW: 170 (Cardioligist)
    GW: 150ish (my goal)
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi! Everyone, my name is Michele (Chell for short) I am 56 years old mother of two grown children and have 4 grand children. I never had to fight before to keep weight off until I had a Heart Attack (6 yrs ago) and the medication plus quitting smoking really did a job on me. I have tried a number of different diets with no success (Jenny Craig expensive, Weight Watchers got bored, Alli didn't work) a friend of mine told me of this site and I joined about 3 - 4 weeks ago, I love it.

I started off good lost a total of 4 lbs then the Holiday game and it all went out the window.....booooooohoooo!! Gained 3 back so now I am working to beat the band........My Cardioligist wants me to go to 170 lbs by June and he told me I can't do it.....so I am more determine to prove him wrong I don't only want to lose the weight I want to pass his total and I will I tell myself I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

HW: 198.8 (Jan. 2011)
    SW: 192.7 (Dec. 2011)
    GW: 170 (Cardioligist)
    GW: 150ish (my goal)

forgot to add my CW: 192.2........... :-((
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah and still very new to this website. I have always felt I was overweight since high school. I definitely gained the freshman 15 plus some when I was away at college. I am 23 now and have been out of college and at my current job for a year and a half. Over the last 6 months I have been feeling worse and having much lower self esteem. I do not like what I see when I look in the mirror or see pictures, and I am having back problems that may be related to weight. I also have a desk job and commute over 2.5 hours a day. My career is stressful, and I have to continue taking professional exams for a few more years to become certified in my field. Therefore, once I get home from my long commute, I have to study for a couple more hours which has made me even more sedentary than I was in college. I finally weighed myself last night and I am at 194. I have gained 8lbs in the last 6 months, and I'm definitely seeing/feeling the difference. This is my first serious attempt at weight loss, and I'm hoping this site will help motivate me. My goal weight is 150-160.

It is really hard to lose weight when you have so much demand on you. Working a desk job and having the long commute makes it seem almost impossible to get in any exercise. I understand. But I really believe you can do this. Also you have seemed to achieved a lot in the past few years and that is something you should be proud of.
  • andybenny
    andybenny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Hester. I have 2 boys ages 9 and 5. I started mfp at 215lbs. I am currently 193. I hope to get to 140s. I think at this point 160 would be a thrill! lol. I am from Oklahoma. I am a nurse massage therapist. the weight is holding me back from being an effective lnmt. I want to lose so I have more stamina at work.
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    hey everyone! im amanda. i have two boys, three if you count my husband :) they are 8 yrs and 10months old. When i found out i was pregnant with my second son, i was the same weight as when i was full term with my first :/ here i am almost a year later and have only lost 6 lbs. i have been overweight since i was a child, but now with my current bmi, am considered obese, though i dont feel that way or have any health issues... but im changing that! yesterday i joined to keep track of my eating habits and found that some snacks i may have are almost an entire days worth of calories! that was an eye opener to me. my motivation is to be healthy to have energy to play with my kids..and we are going to the beacht his summer and it has been years since ive worn a bathing suit!