Jan Start Progress Thread

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    I'm taking mine at the beginning of every month. (mostly because i'm in fat-loss challenges and that's what participating in these challenges demands)

Otherwise, I think it would make sense to do them at the beginning/end of each stage.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    I'm taking mine at the beginning of every month. (mostly because i'm in fat-loss challenges and that's what participating in these challenges demands)

Otherwise, I think it would make sense to do them at the beginning/end of each stage.

Thanks, I think that is what I will do. My NROLFW workouts have been 2x/week so it's going to take me longer to finish Stage 1 than I would like. I'm training for a half and after workout B I wouldn't be able to run my long run. So I decided to just do 2x/week instead of 3. My half is in March and then I plan to start lifting 3x/week after that.
  • BetterWithAge
    BetterWithAge Posts: 691 Member
    I am 5'3" and weigh 205 pounds. I take measurements at the beginning of each month and lost 1.6 pounds and 3-3/4 inches in January.

I started January 2nd and did 8B yesterday. I am supposed to do the AMRAP tomorrow, but think I will do 8A and 8B over again. My primary focus for January was fixing my metabolism. I ate more than any month since 2003 and managed to drop a little weight, even though I did not expect a loss.

I am definitely stronger than I was five weeks ago and am looking forward to Stage 2. :)
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Hey all! How often are you guys taking your measurements? Just after you finish each stage?

This is my plan.
  • LoveLiveLift
    I am 5'3" and weigh 205 pounds. I take measurements at the beginning of each month and lost 1.6 pounds and 3-3/4 inches in January.

I started January 2nd and did 8B yesterday. I am supposed to do the AMRAP tomorrow, but think I will do 8A and 8B over again. My primary focus for January was fixing my metabolism. I ate more than any month since 2003 and managed to drop a little weight, even though I did not expect a loss.

I am definitely stronger than I was five weeks ago and am looking forward to Stage 2. :)

That's great! :) Did you eat the cals suggested by the book or did you do your own thing?
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    I finished stage 1 a few days ago ladies. My measurements didn't change a whole lot. Maybe 1/2" off my waist, belly-button, and hips. I did get loads stronger though!

I started at 85#DL and 75# squats. I ended up with 105# deadlifts & 100# squats! I even deadlifted 125# a few times out of curiosity and felt I could go heavier if I wanted to push through all my workout juice, but I wanted to conserve for the rest of the lift session.

My weight stay almost exactly the same. I fluctuated up and down the same 3lbs during the 6 weeks. The awesome thing though, My Omrom Bodyfat Monitor said that I dropped 1%ish bodyfat! 4% more to go to goal of 18%!

Good luck ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    I'm glad you're heading over to Stage 2, armaretta. I'm too lonely over there.

I think your results are impressive. Like you, my measurements didn't change a whole lot in Stage 1. But, everything is heading in the right direction, so patience is going to be key on this program!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Whoops, i forgot to put my measurements up here. I started mid Jan, I just finished 1-4B.
    At start date:
    Height 5'5.5" (hoping this doesn't change:tongue: )
    54.6kg/120lbs
    waist 29
    belly button 31
    lower tum 33
    hips 36
    body fat 31.1
    muscle mass 47.7

I'm doing ok on the protein (according to my food diary), so bring on the muscles!
  • BetterWithAge

That's great! :) Did you eat the cals suggested by the book or did you do your own thing?

I followed the book as much as possible. I am going to stick with the maintenance calories since it looks as if the workouts intensify with each stage. I will recalculate my calorie intake at evey 5 pounds (i.e. 210, 205, 200, 195, etc)
  • LoveLiveLift
    I'm finishing up stage 1 in a couple days. Will update my measurements (if any have changed).
  • BetterWithAge
    I am finishing Stage 2 tomorrow, here is my progress so far...

Since I started on January 2nd, I have lost 1.2 pounds an 4.25 inches (as of 3/9).
    1/4" neck
    1" waist
    1" hips
    1/4" shoulders
    1" chest
    1/4" each thigh
    1/2" each calf
    No changes in my arms

I will take measurements again on April 1st.
  • Beeps2011
    I was doing my measurements/photos on a monthly basis, so I have recorded end of january and end of february. When end of March comes, I'll make sure to post progress here.

(Thanks for the reminder, BetterwithAge....and congrats on your EXCELLENT progress!)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    I just tripped over this thread today :) I started on Feb 17th, so I do my measurements on the 16th of the month.
    Age 32
    Height 5'6''
    Starting weight 160.2 with 31% BF
    (not sure I measured correctly so the loss may SEEMS Like a lot)
    Jan 160.2 lbs Feb 150.4 lbs (start of NROL4W)
    Chest 35 Chest 34.5
    Waist 34 Waist 33
    Stomach 36 Stomach 35
    Hips 44 Hips 42
    Upper thigh 22.5 Upper thigh 22

Current weight 149.2, new measurement this weekend.
    My upper body at this point should grow instead of shrinking (I'm very skinny up top) and I am praying to lose inches in the backside and legs (they are my point of contention) My waist is definitely noticeable and my husband even said, "Hey, I think your butt is smaller.":bigsmile:
  • LoveLiveLift
    You all have some awesome progress numbers! I'm hoping to see some changes when I measure. Congrats and excellent work!!

I'm excited to move to Stage 2. Even if my inches didn't go down, my lifting numbers have gone up quite a bit, so I'm really happy about that
  • samntha14
    thanks beckdubs! Your arms look awesome already :) Best of luck with your measurements. I'm sporting some extra water weight today so I'm not all that happy. As for diet I'm doing the 300 deficit. Depending on how much water I'm carrying it's about 1 pound lost since starting.

Congrats to all the successes posted here!
  • LoveLiveLift
    thanks beckdubs! Your arms look awesome already :) Best of luck with your measurements. I'm sporting some extra water weight today so I'm not all that happy. As for diet I'm doing the 300 deficit. Depending on how much water I'm carrying it's about 1 pound lost since starting.

Congrats to all the successes posted here!

Thanks! Lifting is fun because you see changes so quickly...plus it's a bonus to be able to up your weights.
  • LoveLiveLift
    Hi! I've noticed people talking about a January start progress thread. I think that's an excellent idea. I have not yet received the book, but I took all my measurements. So here goes!

Weight: 143 lbs
    Neck: 13
    Bust line: 36
    Below Bust: 32
    R Arm: 10.5
    L Arm: 10.5
    Natural Waist: 27
    @ Belly Button: 29.75
    Hips: 38
    R Thigh: 22.75
    L Thigh: 23
    R Calf: 15.75
    L Calf: 15.25

The above measurements are all in inches. I will dig out my camera soon. Look forward to hearing from the rest of you!

New measurements--I'm only updating the ones that have changed.

Weight: 143.6

Neck: 12.5 (-0.5)
    Bust line: 35.5 (-0.5)
    Below Bust: 31.0 (-1.0)
    @ Belly Button: 29 (-0.75)

Overall, I've lost 2.75 inches. Not a huge loss, but I'll take it. :smile:
  • samntha14
    Nice job!
  • Beeps2011
    i think this is really good news, beckdubs.

I do my measurements at the end of each month, so that's coming up very shortly, for me. I think, overall, March was a BAD month (10-day-holiday, injuries, etc.), but I'm taking the pictures and writing down the measurements, just the same.

I am planning on making April, May and June REALLY count.
  • LoveLiveLift
    Thanks, samntha and beeps! I was happy too because I lost inches while eating at a very increased calorie number. I eat anywhere from 1800-2600 per day, depending on what my activity level is. I also feel much stronger and I'm starting to see more definition in my abs. Yay!

Beeps, I know you will make the rest of the time count!! Sometimes things happen that you can't plan for. You're doing a great job!