Yay!

Options
CMmrsfloyd
CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
Love the new group! I am still going to be doing the Shred some since DH has just started it (working out with him to help motivate him :-) ) but as some as Ripped in 30 arrives in the mail I'm going to give it a shot! I will plan to do it at least 2 or 3 times a week, will probably mix in some other Jillian workouts too for variety. Let's all get ripped together!

Replies

• Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Starting today! I will let you know what it is like. :) How is Shred going?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Going great - DH is really motivated and doing a great job. Today was his Day 4. I'm trying to push myself more this time with him and also trying to use bigger weights than what I did the first time through, when I'm able. It's a lot of fun having someone to workout with, in person!
  • acdeed
    acdeed Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Very excited about joing this Group and MFP. I bought RI30 last night at Walmart and did Level 1. Wow I can't believe all of that was packed in 24 minutes. I hav not worked out in 6 months, but I was able to finish but boy was I out of breath. Good luck to us all.
  • Natgrazin
    Natgrazin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started today, moved to Level 2 which was much harder than Level 1!! But also did measurements for the first time in ages and found I'd lost 2.5 inches off my waist so good motivation to keep going!
    Natalie
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 for the 3rd time today. Love this workout! Guess I'll just do it 5-6 times each week and then move to the next level. I actually think Level 1 may be a little easy compared to level 3 of the 30DS, but I am using heavier weights (5lb in Circuit 1 and 3, and 8lb in Circuit 2 - still figuring out which ones to use when!), and working on my form. Still doing girlie pushups too!
  • nanina08
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone! I'm joining the group and am going to try very hard to stick to it this time... Just curious though, I know it's the 30 day shred but do you do it everyday for 30 days or rest every other day? That part is still a little fuzzy to me! Good luck to all of you as you continue on your weightloss journey!
  • acdeed
    acdeed Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Monday night i did my first RI30 and Tuesday night my legs and knees really hurt. so Tuesday I could only muster up the energy to do an old Tae bo DVD. Wed I will start again. Should I have done Jillian's 30 Day shred first?
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did RI30 L1D2 today. I'm keeping up pretty well, I'm just a little sore on the back of my legs from workout 1 on Monday. I guess the soreness means I'm working some muscles that I didn't work before, so that's a good thing! I'm going to try to push harder next time because I burned a few less calories this time than I did the first time through.

My daughter's birthday is this weekend and she wants me to make her chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I need to work out hard this week because I know I'm not going to be able to resist them!

Have a good day everyone :smile:
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So far this week has not gone as planned but i did start the RI30 last night and found it nice to change but wow it was not easy. First circuit and 3rd were the hardest for me. I am hoping after going through it a few time it I will get use to it and be able to keep up.

I plan to do day 2 tonight! I need to do better with my eating too. Not enough calories, mostly because i am not prepared.

Good luck everyone!
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone! I'm joining the group and am going to try very hard to stick to it this time... Just curious though, I know it's the 30 day shred but do you do it everyday for 30 days or rest every other day? That part is still a little fuzzy to me! Good luck to all of you as you continue on your weightloss journey!

Hi welcome!

Some of us are finishing up the 30DS and I think most of us worked out 5 days a week and took some rest days. We just started RIpped in 30 which is very much like the 30DS but it has more strength moves and has 4 different levels to complete in 4 weeks.

Hope that helps. :)
  • NikkiT001
    NikkiT001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am on L1 day 4 of RI30. I am enjoying the challenge and never knew my body could be so sore. I am excited to be part of the group.
  • trishamarie84
    trishamarie84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group! I started the Ripped on Monday so last night's workout was day 4 on level 1. Probably the only move I really like is the chair squat with the tricep press (think that's what its called??) - finally a good burn on the back of my arms! Otherwise I hate this dvd lol BUT I love how it makes me feel when I'm done and I'm trying to stay positive about the results I hope to get out of it.

This week I've done the Shred in the mornings and Ripped in the evenings (not tonight since I plan on going out for drinks with the girls). Day 10 of the Shred this morning so I start level 2 either on Sunday or Monday. I'm not looking forward to it since I've done the Shred all 30 days in Nov/Dec and planks suck- but I better get used to them cause I hear Ripped is plank focused, ick.

I'm thinking about starting level 2 on the Ripped too just to keep the dvds together- any thoughts or tips for level 2 and 3??
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Just checking in... L1D3 complete. I'm still trying to push myself to do more full pushups before I give up and go to the "girly" ones. I almost made it through the first set, so I'm making progress! I'm gonna do 3 more workouts next week before I move on to level 2.

We're celebrating my daughters birthday tonight and she wants fresh baked chocolate chip cookies instead of cake. I'm gonna do my best to just have one, but they are really my weakness, especially when they're warm. Yummmm

I'm planning to go for a run in the morning, so that should help if I get out of control tonight :smile:

How's everyone else doing?
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L1D4 on Wednesday, did my C25K on Thursday, and then did L1D5 today. Going to do L1 once more tomorrow (along with another C25K walk/run, and then start L2 on Sunday or Monday. I hear its a lot harder. I was doing full pushups for most of the first set, but the last two times I have been wimpy about it! You are motivating me to push harder, ncytiz!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    So, now I'm thinking I may be waiting 3 more weeks to really start RI30. DH just finished up day 8 of 30DS and I'm working out with him to help keep him motivated, plus it's fun to workout with a partner now! I've been doing other cardio stuff but I don't know if I need to be doing RI30 on top of an almost daily Shred workout. So I'm thinking I'm going to continue Shredding with DH and doing extra cardio, and then when he finishes 30DS we will move on to RI30 together.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Today's my day 7 of Ri30. I'm kind of nervous about bumping up to level 2 next week!

Also I have a question for everyone... If I do cardio on my rest day, would that not really be giving my body a break? Should I do cardio on a couple days that I'm doing Ri30 instead and nothing on my official rest day? I'm kind of torn on the issue. I've heard that you can work out everyday as long as it's different muscle groups. But I've also heard it's good to give your body a day to rest in order to recover from the week.
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L1D6 today as well as my C25k today. Going to start L2 on Monday. I did do most of the full pushups in the first round this time, and a few in the second round before doing girl pushups. Tomorrow is going to be a rest day - although I want to do some active things outside with my 3-year-old tomorrow - might incorporate a mile of jogging/walking... Its supposed to be sunny and 48 - not bad. Today was awesome - almost hit 60!
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started RI30 the Monday after
    Christmas and have done it 5 days a week since..this week I wasn't home at all Friday to do it so I will being my last day of level 2 Monday then moving on to level 3 Tuesday :).
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Did L1D4 on Wednesday, did my C25K on Thursday, and then did L1D5 today. Going to do L1 once more tomorrow (along with another C25K walk/run, and then start L2 on Sunday or Monday. I hear its a lot harder. I was doing full pushups for most of the first set, but the last two times I have been wimpy about it! You are motivating me to push harder, ncytiz!

Great job! Let me know what you think about level 2. I have 2 more workouts on level 1 before I move up, and my goal is to make it through both sets of push-ups all the way through by then. We're gonna have those beautiful toned arms before long :smile:
  • ncytiz
    Options
    So, now I'm thinking I may be waiting 3 more weeks to really start RI30. DH just finished up day 8 of 30DS and I'm working out with him to help keep him motivated, plus it's fun to workout with a partner now! I've been doing other cardio stuff but I don't know if I need to be doing RI30 on top of an almost daily Shred workout. So I'm thinking I'm going to continue Shredding with DH and doing extra cardio, and then when he finishes 30DS we will move on to RI30 together.

Yeah, you don't want to hurt yourself by overdoing it. It's so cool that you and hubby are doing this together! Since I'm taking 2 weeks for each level, I'll still be working on it when you start, so it'll be nice to still have someone around by then!