Yay!

Options

Replies

• ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started RI30 the Monday after
    Christmas and have done it 5 days a week since..this week I wasn't home at all Friday to do it so I will being my last day of level 2 Monday then moving on to level 3 Tuesday :).

How much harder is level 2? Let us know what you think of level 3 when you get to it too. Thanks :smile:
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Finished day 3 of level 1 and completed one day of cardio. This week I plan to workout Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri for the RI30 and one day this weekend for cardio. By day 3 I was starting to like RI30 but it is a lot more challenging for me than 30DS. I'm going to wait until this weekend to weight myself and get new measurements.

Tonight day 4 :)
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of level 3 today and for me it was slot harder than I thought it would be. The 'duck walk' about killed me there is more plyometrics for cardio which really wore me out...great exercise but just reminded me how out of shape I really am.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Did L2D1 yesterday - I really liked parts of it, and other parts were really freaking hard! One of the whole cardio segments in is plank position. Definitely more challenging than L1. Fun to do different moves! Did C25K today - was worried about the 3 min running segments, but it wasn't a problem - just dropped my pace! Gotta remind myself I am working on endurance right now, not pace!
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Way to go on the running! How many days are you doing the C25K?
  • natalie412
    Options
    Way to go on the running! How many days are you doing the C25K?

Thanks! I am doing it 3 days a week. I just like the idea of being able to go out and run! Actually registered for a 5K in April to help motivate myself.
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Way to go on the running! I finished day 4 on level 1 and it is still tough but i am getting use to it. I am impatient with wanting to see more changes especially in the tummy area. One day at a time right?

We can do this!
  • ncytiz
    Options
    I did L1D5 today. I got through all the pushups on the first set but came up a bit short on the 2nd set. I'm determined to get through them on the next workout before I move up to level 2. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good on level 1 and ready to see what new torture is in store on level 2!
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L2D3 today - I think my form is starting to get a little better on the harder things. Definitely doing more modifications on this level! Also did my C25K week 3 day 2. I can actually say I am now looking forward to my walk/runs!
  • ncytiz
    Options
    I did level 1 day 6 today, and I actually got through all the push ups! (just barely :smile: ) I'll be moving on to level 2 on Monday. I really like doing it 3 days a week and running 2 days. It's enough of a workout without being too much.

Have a great weekend!
  • natalie412
    Options
    Did L2D4 and 5 on Friday and Saturday. Plan on moving on to L3 on Monday - NOT because I am ready, but because I like the variety!! One of the main reasons I keep doing it almost every day is that I like the extra calories! I can't run long enough to burn that many calories yet. Trying to get motivated to run today, because it is about 16 degrees right now, and only supposed to get up to 25....
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Wow you guys are doing great! I am doing my last day of Level 1 today and will move on the level 2 tomorrow. Need to catch up to you guys. :) Can't wait for the change in levels.

I am maintained my weight this week but want to do a little more cardio to help with the calorie burn.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Did L2D4 and 5 on Friday and Saturday. Plan on moving on to L3 on Monday - NOT because I am ready, but because I like the variety!! One of the main reasons I keep doing it almost every day is that I like the extra calories! I can't run long enough to burn that many calories yet. Trying to get motivated to run today, because it is about 16 degrees right now, and only supposed to get up to 25....

That's tough! It's been -10 here, and I can't imagine running outside in this cold weather. Even at 25, I don't think I would-- hurts my lungs too much. You'll be a running machine if you're able to endure that kind of weather! :)
  • natalie412
    Options

That's tough! It's been -10 here, and I can't imagine running outside in this cold weather. Even at 25, I don't think I would-- hurts my lungs too much. You'll be a running machine if you're able to endure that kind of weather! :)

I keep my mouth and nose covered - until I get too warm towards the end. Makes all the difference. I have this thing called a Bula, which is basically just a tube of fabric and I can pull it up over part of my face and ears, and then also the hood from my sweatshirt. I'm a little cold at the start, but eventually start sweating!

Around here in south central Pennsylvania, it usually is around 30 or above in the winter, so not so bad.

I'm not looking forward to running in the heat of summer!
  • natalie412
    Options
    Ugh - Level 3 actually made me kinda mad! It was tough and a little painful.. Definitely a few steps up from Level 2. Definitely doing modified versions for a lot of it. I read a few places that this was the toughest level of the 4 - hope that's true. I probably looked a little comical doing it.
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    Ugh - Level 3 actually made me kinda mad! It was tough and a little painful.. Definitely a few steps up from Level 2. Definitely doing modified versions for a lot of it. I read a few places that this was the toughest level of the 4 - hope that's true. I probably looked a little comical doing it.

Those bear crawls and duck walks are terrible! I have been having to modify most of the work outs on this level too. I hope you're right about the next level not being as tough. Although I welcome the challenge, my legs are killing me halfway through. =P
  • Akjenn89
    Options
    I keep my mouth and nose covered - until I get too warm towards the end. Makes all the difference. I have this thing called a Bula, which is basically just a tube of fabric and I can pull it up over part of my face and ears, and then also the hood from my sweatshirt. I'm a little cold at the start, but eventually start sweating!

Around here in south central Pennsylvania, it usually is around 30 or above in the winter, so not so bad.

I'm not looking forward to running in the heat of summer!

I'll have to look into that. I use to have a face mask as a kid with small holes where the mouth would be and would clasp behind the head. Really helped with my asthma and against the cold. No idea where to get those, though. It was -22 here this morning. My parents' cars wouldn't even start this morning.. I can't wait for summer! Our summers usually only get to about 60-70's though.
  • ncytiz
    Options
    You guy amaze me! I'm in southern California and I whine if it gets down into the 30's. I'd never survive living where it's really cold :noway:
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Sorry guys, falling a bit behind. Level 2 tonight for sure! Want to work to RI30 at least 3-4 times this week. How is Level 3 compared to level 2?

Keep at it everyone!
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Sorry guys, falling a bit behind. Level 2 tonight for sure! Want to work to RI30 at least 3-4 times this week. How is Level 3 compared to level 2?

Keep at it everyone!

I've only done level 2 once, but I had a hard time just trying to figure out the moves, so I didn't get a great workout. In the future, I'm going to preview the levels so I have a better idea of how to do them before I actually work out. I hope it goes better for you!