New Year, 2012 Challenge participants?

Options
StrongGwen
StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
anybody entering the BFL 12-week Challenge starting in January 2012?

Replies

• docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm not entering the challenge, but I am following a slightly modified body for life regimen. I started on Monday, 1/2. My biggest challenge so far is getting the recommended amount of protein in my diet and controlling my caloric intake. I haven't worked out regularly in about 2.5 years so I'm also a little bit sore, but I know that will go away soon. Have you started the challenge? How do you feel?
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was going to start this week, and I didn't. BFL is a great program. I'm in - starting 1/9.

DOCSALLEN, I am wondering why you don't just go with the outlined plan. 3 - 45 min workouts. 3 - 20 min cardio...this way you would have given the full effort toward the program and expect good results. I will do it if you will ;) As far as protein intake and calorie intake, I use this program to watch both, and definatley supplement protien shakes for the inbetween meals. I like INTEK Evolution protein. Good product. Glad your here.

StrongGwen OK, I'm in. I will get the challenge package together. Are you guys working out in the morning or afternoon. I am a morning workout guy. Like to get up and get it out of the way.

Ok lets do this. Glad to see some are interested in the BFL program and the great results it has. Looking forward to the updates.

Don
  • tinytimsummers
    tinytimsummers Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started on 1/2/2012. I am sore today and my first leg workout is later today. I had good results with this program last year but then fell off the wagon and for some reason didn't get back on, so I am back on now. I like BFL because it is easy to follow and it pushes me to consistently increase weight when lifting. Good luck to all and keep us posted on how you are doing. T
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I used to run regularly and I would like to get that back into my regular routine. So I am modifying the cardio portion so that it starts out as 20 minutes 3 days/week and I build it up to be a training program for the half marathon in Sept. This means I will be running short distances on 2 of the 3 strength training days. I am following the weight part closely for the next 12 weeks. I am going to aim for morning workouts, but if I miss the morning then I will work out after the kids are in bed. Good luck to all!
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    oh yea
    SW - 274.8
    GW - 200

I am a big nerd and I weigh everyday, but I use Fridays as my "official" weigh day....
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    I still have not been able to do the online entry- still get error msg but I have started. I like working out first thing too. Sets the tone for my day. Protein is a huge challenge, getting enough within my calorie budget. A little better each day. MFP is a huge help for keeping track! Have you posted your Before photo yet?
  • Navymustng
    Options
    StrongGwen - I was able to get in and get it started it does come up error and then will go back and have your data. Did you hit the Start a new challenge block? No before pics yet. I do have my before and after pics on here from the June - Sep 2009 BFL training.

Tiny Tim great job - out of the starting blocks.

DOCS ALLEN - OK got it, makes sense, didn't realize you are ramping up for a HALF Marathon good for you.

My stats
    SW -251
    GW - 225

Good LUCK, BFL ROCKS!
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    NAVYMUSTANG: thanks, I seem to be able to enter a little at a time, but cannnot yet get to where I give my "story" or where it tells how to post Before photos. It says I'm Active with a 1-3-12 start date, so something is in there all right. guess I'll have to wait until the link says the 2012 packet is Here instead of Coming Soon. I'm using myfitnesspal.com for tracking my food and it works great. i can use my phone to record every meal and it keeps track of protein, calories, carbs and a bunch of other nutrients.
  • Navymustng
    Options
    In the active line there is the EDIT ICON, that is where you can go in and update the information.
  • Navymustng
    Options
    First day into it. FEELS Good!
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    I know I'm a bit mental but I kinda like that post-workout soreness! I can feel exactly what has been targeted, and if I'm not sore, I'm not working those parts hard enough. Good Luck!

navymustang, I finally got my photos added to my profile! No way I'm ready to use that as my Profile photo--it's just too disgusting!thanks for the help. enjoy those workouts!
  • Jdieball
    Jdieball Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started. I used to do this program years ago and really had great results. I've been trying all these other programs - like P90X and Insanity but I really like lifting weights and like that the cardio is only 20 minutes! I kept it off for a long time but now I need to get back on it. I started Monday and love being sore from the weights! Ran today and forgot how hard the intervals are! Good luck to everyone!
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    One of the reasons I love this program is the soreness...working your self to failure on each workout produces results. The hardest part for me is looking back at last years log and lifting weights not as heavy now. I guess I just have to be patient.
  • Navymustng
    Options
    Day 3 -LEGS and ABS

I am off on a great start, sore today. Chest Monday and Cardio -Elliptical Yesterday. Loving it. Getting into the Gym about 6 am, out by 7 and work by 715.

Everyone is engaged and working hard at the first couple weeks.
    Gotta get my meals down to a better science.

Great to see others joing as well. Great Forum. I am checking in everyday and reading.

Keep Pressing. Don
  • Navymustng
    Options
    Gotta get my pics posted. Will do soonest.
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    I had a great upper body workout yesterday. Cardio today - treadmill, and legs tomorrow. I will try again this weekend to find some before pics and maybe even take some during pics. I am also going to take my measurements again this weekend, I think I am going to do that every 2 weeks. Everyone keep pushing and have fun with it.

T
  • Jdieball
    Jdieball Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stairs are definitely an issue today! So sore!!
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    kinda funny when workmates see you hobbling around cause you're so sore with DOMS, and they ask how come you do this to yourself and you say "cause it makes me feel good." Push that iron, baby!
  • Navymustng
    Options
    Yep, sore and moving a little slow...Funny how everyone is in the same boat. Don't it feel good. :laugh:
  • Navymustng
    Options
    Day 5 is good. Actually at my same weight. 251 that I started monday, hoping I will start dropping soon. I have been watching my meals, dinner seems to be the ugly problem in this equation. Gotta work on that.

SW 251
    GW 225