Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• sharonwitten
    Options
    Being that its valentines, I am gonna cook up a storm tonight for me & my bf!!

To start:

Mussels cooked with garlic, cream, a dash of white wine & topped with fresh parsley.

Mains:

Pan fried loin of venison (Deer) in a blackberry sauce (made with beef stock, a few blackberries & a pinch of splenda/salt/pepper). served with turnip chips (Fries) and spinach.

Dessert:

little lemon cheesecake mousse made with heavy cream (whipped) a couple of tbsp of cream cheese, splenda & lemon extract. I'm going to crumble some macademia nuts over the top for crust-like texture.

Calorific, but at least I'm not snout first into a ben & jerrys!!!
  • sharonwitten
    Options
    Thank for the Deer meat idea. I have been looking for some way to fix other than chicken fry the stuff.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love this site!
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

I'm having pork stir fry with a home made low carb tortilla for dinner
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/tortilla_wraps.html

I make them a little differently and it took me a while to perfect them but I love these things :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/429564_10150729504525873_566635872_11530888_841927275_n.jpg
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am making my creation "Tamale Pie" for my parents tonight who have been low-carb for a month. It is definitely not induction-friendly because of the enchilada sauce and tomatoes; it is more of a treat because of the delicious topping.

Filling:
    1 tbsp butter/oil
    2.25 pound lean ground beef
    1 large onion
    1 small can Rotel tomato w/ green chilies
    1 small can enchilada sauce
    chili powder
    garlic powder
    Taco/Mexican Cheese (to fill in gaps)

Pre-heat oven to 350. Dice onion, and cook in oil. Add beef, season with spices and cook until brown. While cooking, prepare topping (below).

Topping:
    ½ cup coconut flour
    ¼ cup butter
    4 eggs
    1 cup cheddar cheese
    1 tsp baking powder
    onion/garlic powder

Melt butter, add eggs and mix. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with fork. Put filling in casserole dish; pour Rotel tomatoes and enchilada sauce over. Put clumps of topping on top. Fill in spaces with Taco/Mexican Cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Can be served with sour cream, salsa and/or fresh cilantro.

Serves 8.
    Per Serving: 408 calories, 11 fat, 23 carbs, 30 protein, 3 sugar, 4 fiber (19 net carbs)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Scrambled Eggs (again!), Bacon, Butter and Cayenne Pepper.

Leftover Sausages and veggies.

Kangaroo Steak Salad (I made the mistake of buying the marinated version ... maltodextrin?! I scraped most off)

Red Wine (vat of)
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    2 X EGG MUFFINS (EGG, BACON, CAPSICUM, CHEESE & PARSLEY)

LAMB CHOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER, BROCCOLI, ASPARAGUS

CHICKEN AND SALAD

Yes, I am on 'induction', lol

SNACKS - CELERY STICKS, CHEESE, TEA WITH CREAM AND SPLENDA, ATKINS BAR

DESSERT, WHO KNOWS????
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm roasting a big chicken today- going to have roast chicken (skin and all.....mmmmmmmmmmm) with asparagus sprinkled with crispy bacon & broccoli. I'm going to make a creamy tarragon sauce to go on the chicken in place of gravy.

Leftovers will be used to make a thai chicken salad for tomorrows lunch and a coconut thai chicken soup (Tom Kha Gai) for tomorrows dinner.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    So today I went for lunch with a friend, & panicked over the menus when we walked in. Paninis, bagels, baked potatoes, cakes, pastries. I triumphed in the end, having the scrambled egg & smoked salmon bagel, minus the bagel & with some fresh spinach. They had some amazing sounding sandwich fillings, so I reckon I'll go back there armed with a low carb wrap & ask them to fill & grill it for me.

Has anyone else done that before? I was very paranoid at first about asking for a burger without a bun, or if the coleslaw had any sugar in, but people are actually really helpful so I guess wouldn't mind preparing something in a wrap I bring. The more I eat out without encountering problems, the more I think low carb eating will be long term sustainable for me.

Just a heads up....

Its against health code standards in most places to allow any food from an outside source to be handled or prepared in the establishment. (I'm in the restaurant industry) So you will most likely not be able to have them prepare anything that you bring. You could most certainly wrap it up after they make the rest for you though!

Sorry to burst your bubble. :( Just wanted to save you the disappointment!

Serv-Safe Manager here - youre 100% correct.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    We are extremely cold and rainy here in New Hampshire since yesterday. I hunkered down in the home yesterday and did some meal prepping for the week.

Today though:
    Breakfast was simply made - simple omelet of two eggs and mozzarella cheese, three strips of extra-thick Maple-cured bacon. I was soooooooo in the mood for bacon BIG time today! LOL The whole meal was only 1g carb and I do feel satisfied.

Lunch: Summer squash-chunked with a light dijon sauce. Freshly steamed greenbeans and a honkin' huge 6oz top round steak cooked medium rare with a homemade spicy garlic-herb-lemon marinade. The steaks were rubbed with a seasoning blend that I make on the side. OHHHHHHH baby!

Dinner: With the rain expecting to be a week long issue, nothing says comfort food than Chicken Broccoli Alfredo - regular pasta for my husband, but I will use tofu-shirataki for my noodle. Ill even add crumbled bacon to the dish as well.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    3 pork, fennel and italian herb sausages for breakfast (with English mustard). Excellent.

Tuna salad for dinner.

Steak and salad for lunch.

Wine ;)

No eggs?! Must make up for that tomorrow :)
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    B- Coffee with Cream and Splends (no ime to fix food beore work, it was a rushed morning!URGH)
    L- Romaine Lettuce nad chopped Broccoli salad with bufallo chicken and chipolte ranch dressing
    D-Thru a roast wih carrots and potatoes in the crock pot this AM (before the rush) I will only have the pot roast and think i will fry some eggs on the side th a salad of course!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Its burger night tonight!

I'm using 100% Beef quarter pounders, topped with melted cheddar cheese, a slice or two of smoked crispy bacon, a sliced gherkin/dill pickle & some yellow mustard.

Wrapped in a big lettuce 'parcel'

I'm serving it with turnip chips (Fries) and a good dollop of mayo.

wooooooo!!!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I've been lurking.
    B: MIM made like bread, cut in half, swiss cheese, leftover baked ham broiled and topped with two eggs.

L: Soup made with homemade chicken bone stock and leftover mock mashed cauliflour--springle of parm. Sliced tomatoesw/ mayo and fresh basil.

D: Boneless breast stuffed with leftover ham and this great champagne cheese. Steamed broccoli w/butter and spinkle of fresh lemon juice.

Snack--probably Barney butter (almond) on celery.
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    For breakfast I had two eggs with feta cheese & left-over sauteed spinach from dinner last night.

Lunch will be a salad (what else is new?!)

Dinner will be left over London slivers with green beans & a bloody mary. :drinker:
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    I always like to be a little indulgent on a friday:

Breakfast: Smoked salmon & Scrambled eggs

Lunch: Halloumi cheese, 1/2 a roasted red pepper, marinated artichokes, salad leaves & lemon dressing.

Dinner: 2 chicken thighs, marinated in tandoori paste served with cucumber & mint raitha (yoghurt,mint & cucumber dip) and palak paneer (Indian cheese & spiced spinach with a hint of tomato).

Topped off with a couple of gin & tonics and a home made ice lolly (made using sugar free apple cordial).
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    B: MIM, Delmonte naturals citrus salad, cottage cheese

L: Soup made from homemade ham stock andf cauliflour w/ a touch of cream and nutmeg

D: Grilled tenderloin, big salad w/ homemade dressing and a glass of good red wine(for my health of course)

I just broke a four week plateau and am celebrating.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am going to make some pork rind nachos -

with pork rinds and shredded sharp cheddar cheese, grilled red and green peppers, and taco seasoned turkey meat with sour cream.
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- 2 poached eggs, 18 purple grapes
    A.M. Snack- atkins bar
    Lunch---?? not sure yet.
    **going to grocery store on Saturday to stock up**
  • sicchi
    Options
    What did you change to break it?
  • sicchi
    Options
    B: MIM, Delmonte naturals citrus salad, cottage cheese

L: Soup made from homemade ham stock andf cauliflour w/ a touch of cream and nutmeg

D: Grilled tenderloin, big salad w/ homemade dressing and a glass of good red wine(for my health of course)

I just broke a four week plateau and am celebrating.

what did you change to break it?