Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Tuna bake today with chopped tomatos, capsicum, spinach, celery, carrot, sour cream and a shedload of cheese on top.

I had a double portion of that at lunch (no breakfast again today, still working off last night's monster scrambled egg fest) to take my carbs up to 24 (mostly from the tomato and carrot content, big deal) and calories to 572.

Going to cook up some sausages (2g of carbs per sausage) later for dinner with some salad and will take some with me to sustain me as I play cricket tomorrow.

I love sausage burps, you don't get that with a bowl of Special Freaking K.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    As a low carb eater, I usually don't indulge in pita bread. But Joseph's makes a pita that works nicely with this way of eating, and every now and then...

This morning I sprayed a little butter cooking spray in the pan and toasted up one of those pitas on both sides with a little onion and garlic powder.

I nuked some egg beaters. When the warm pita came out of the pan, I spread a wedge of Chipotle Fresco Laughing Cow cheese over half of the pita, spooned salsa verde over the cheese, and layered the egg on top of that and topped with a half Tbs of 1 carb ketchup.

Yum-mo!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hi all! These were my eats for today~

B-scrambled eggs with a little bacon and ham with a sprinkle of cheddar
    S1-Raw Red Pepper and String Cheese
    L-*Broccoli Salad and string cheese
    D-Lemon Chicken Salad from Trader Joe's

I've just returned to eating low carb after having some pretty nasty sugar/carb binges lately. I'm so happy with how I've felt the last couple of days I could cry!

*For the Broccoli Salad, I did a fairly standard take on it and omitted the normal raisins/cranberries and used Truvia to sweeten it

2 bunches broccoli cut into small florets and blanched in boilimg water for 1-2 minutes
    3 slices bacon, crumbled and cooked
    2 T raw walnuts (cashews are also good), chopped
    1-2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
    2-3 T raw red or sweet yellow onion, very small dice

Dressing
    1/4-1/2 cup Mayonnaise
    1-2 packets Truvia or sweetener of choice
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Put salad ingredients together in bowl. Whisk dressing together, taste to see if it is the sweetness level you like, and then pour over salad. It's better if it sits in the fridge for a couple hours before you eat it.
  • maremare312
    Options
    the other day i had some chicken left from the previous night...so the next day for dinner i sliced it up and then fried some spinach in a pan then put the chicken in then cracked 3 eggs on top so that its like an omelette except the yolks are still intact which is nice the have the yolk with chicken nom nom nom

usually i like to have like chicken, pork or beef as a steak seasoned with some "mexican chilli" powder and some garlic, and as a side i grill some asparagus or other greens with some seasoning then top it off with some aoili or whole egg mayo.... its quick, simple, easy to cook and low calorie aswell as really low carb...and i love steak of any kind so i love it haha

This sounds delicious! I love all the ideas here!
  • maremare312
    Options
    I've got a 12 hour sewing event tomorrow that I'd like to stay for the whole day. I'm determined to not leave unless I get tired, I certainly won't leave because I'm out of food! Tonight I prepped chopped red and green peppers, egg salad, a couple lettuce/turkey/swiss "sandwiches", and a few things I can eat at my machine if necessary--string cheese, homemade beef jerky, almonds, and seaweed. I love planning ahead!
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've got a 12 hour sewing event tomorrow that I'd like to stay for the whole day. I'm determined to not leave unless I get tired, I certainly won't leave because I'm out of food! Tonight I prepped chopped red and green peppers, egg salad, a couple lettuce/turkey/swiss "sandwiches", and a few things I can eat at my machine if necessary--string cheese, homemade beef jerky, almonds, and seaweed. I love planning ahead!

That's fantastic! sounds all like yummy things :) I just had my normal saturday breakfast - 2 egg omelette with provolone, low-sodium bacon, and avocado. Hopefully enough to fuel my first attempt at yoga in a few hours!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    A combination of leftover steak, bacon/onion/mushroom/capsicum/peas/spinach extravaganza and probably some sausages and salad later. Meal timings completely based on hunger :)
  • maremare312
    Options
    Well I made it through 9 hours of sewing and less than half the food lol! That omelette sounds yummy, Susannah!

And your bacon, etc extravaganza sounds amazing DeadVim!
  • lsharidull
    lsharidull Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cheddar jalapeno popper burgers! (Sans bun)

I got this from Closet Cooking. SO gooood.

I don't recall exact measurements or carb counts but this is it:

All you do is take 2 balls of hamburger meat. Flatten the balls!
    Cram about a tablespoon or two of a cream cheese and roasted jalapeno mixture (To roast jalapenos, simply broil in oven till dark, remove to a ziplock, wait about 10 minutues then remove skins and seeds and dice) into one side of meat.. then put the other ball of meat on top while crimping edges and flattening out the burger.

Wrap with 2 strips of bacon!

Grill or pan fry and top with cheddar cheese.

Yummmmm :)
    I had this today with a salad.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    B - 2 EGG OMLETTE WITH ROASTED ZUCCHINI AND CHEESE

SNACK 1 - 1 OZ DUTCH CHEESE

L- LAMB CHOP WITH LETTUCE AND TOMATO SALAD (GREEK DRESSING) + 15G NUTS

SNACK 2 - ATKINS SHAKE

D - CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS, ROAST PUMPKIN, BROCCOLI AND ZUCCHINI

DESSERT - INDUCTION PUDDING, MMMMMM....... (CREAM, COCOA AND SPLENDA)

UNDER 1500 CAL, 100G FAT, 20 NET CARBS :)
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Breakfast and Lunch - Beef stir fry with onion, capsicum and leafy veggies, lashings of Cayenne Pepper. Coffee and cream.

Dinner - Spicy tuna salad with some garlic bread (I'm upping the carb limit a touch, if I don't I swear I will waste away ...). Coffee and cream.

Snacks - Cheese and a few picked onions. Red wine ;)

I am currently out of eggs and bacon which does not make me a happy camper ... grocery shop tomorrow ...
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and Lunch - Beef stir fry with onion, capsicum and leafy veggies, lashings of Cayenne Pepper. Coffee and cream.

Dinner - Spicy tuna salad with some garlic bread (I'm upping the carb limit a touch, if I don't I swear I will waste away ...). Coffee and cream.

Snacks - Cheese and a few picked onions. Red wine ;)

I am currently out of eggs and bacon which does not make me a happy camper ... grocery shop tomorrow ...

OOOHH.. how many carbs in your garlic bread?? yumm...
  • maremare312
    Options
    I had a hard week emotionally and retreated to eating carbs. I felt awful, bloated and blech, and got back into the groove today.

Breakfast--cheesy broccoli vegetable soup I made, plus some ham added to it, and a delicious salad of farm fresh red leaf lettuce (got my first farm share yesterday!), ripe tomato, and blue cheese dressing.

Lunch--Low carb fried chicken and gravy, nom! (I posted the pic and recipe in the pic thread)

Dinner--Salad
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    OOOHH.. how many carbs in your garlic bread?? yumm...

Hold on, I'll look it up ...
    75g of Woolworths Home Brand - Garlic Bread ... 243cals 31g carbs 11g fat 6g protein

So that was 31g out of 60g carbs total for the day.

My target is usually 30g of carbs (mostly from veggies) so I pushed the boat out a bit, and very nice the overly processed stick thing was too. :) There is something fundamentally great about mopping up sauce with bread ...

I'm trying to find a way of gradually introducing the carbs back and white bread wouldn't usually be my first choice. I'm thinking more legumes and starchy veg is the way to go.

Today is:

Breakfast - Leftover chopped beef with veggies, plenty of cayenne pepper/tabasco (I am a heat nut) and a hunk of cheese

Lunch - Not sure yet (still processing breakfast ;)), I'm thinking of grilling a couple of eggs in halves of bell pepper ala this : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/grilled-eggs-with-mexican-chorizo/#axzz1xLr5T2C2. Looks ace.

Dinner - I suspect some mashed sweet potato (the best potato ;)), peas and some disgustingly overprocessed but still OK really frozen Salmon Cakes.

If I need a snack it will be some tinned spicy (of course) tuna with maybe a dollop of mayo. One day I will make my own mayo because the shop stuff is full of Bad.

Meat, Eggs, Veggies, Spice and some Fish ... doesn't seem bad to me ... apparently this way of eating is 'difficult to follow in the long term' ... Ha!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi friends- can any of you offer me your advice please?
    Have a look at my diary and tell me what you think of my carb count. I like to experiment with juicing for the micro nutrients, but it has bumped up my carb count considerably today.
    Any advice would be helpful- I know it's an opinion thing, I'd be interested to hear yours.
    many thanks,
    Kym
  • susannahcooks
    Options
    Hi friends- can any of you offer me your advice please?
    Have a look at my diary and tell me what you think of my carb count. I like to experiment with juicing for the micro nutrients, but it has bumped up my carb count considerably today.
    Any advice would be helpful- I know it's an opinion thing, I'd be interested to hear yours.
    many thanks,
    Kym

Your diary is not set to be public..
  • maremare312
    Options
    Late breakfast/lunch--3 egg omelete with bacon and cheese and tons of mushrooms
    Snack--Atkins Nut Roll Bar (so yummy! This may be my go-to treat!)
    Dinner--We're going out, so a nice chicken salad from Applebee's or Red Robin, not sure where we're going
  • Kymmu
    Options
    set to pubic now- actually pressed the save changes button......
  • susannahcooks
    Options
    set to pubic now- actually pressed the save changes button......

Now, before I get into what I see/think, would like to know is something not working?

Weight coming off? Cravings in check? Generally feel pretty good? If so on all of those, then don't change anything.
  • Kymmu
    Options
    I'm at goal weight- have been for about a year now. I've been on about 30g of carbs/day.
    I would like to add more vegies via juicing, but I was concerned about the extra carb count causing me to gain weight.
    I feel fine- have done for ages!