Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Leftover spicy salsa sausages for brekkie, cheese and nuts have powered me through a day on the cricket pitch and now I have a load of calories leftover and I'm not particularly hungry.

But I need to eat or MFP will have some kind of fit and I'll be diagnosed with some kind of eating disorder by the calorie police so some scrambled eggs, bacon and veggies will fit the bill nicely.

Or I may just drink them :P
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm having a German dinner tonight:

Braturst
    Sauerkraut
    mustard
    Sauteed turnip cubes (like german sauteed potato cubes)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Well today, it's:

Breakfast - rotissiere chicken and swiss cheese on a low-carb tortilla

Lunch - Tuna, cottage and cheese stick

Dinner - taco salad made with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, lowfat shredded cheese, seasoned ground chuck, salsa

Snack - cheese stick
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    B-Scrambled egg w ham and cheese

L-Tuna w mayo, mustard, and bit of sweet relish and some cucumber

D--not sure, but taco salad sounds good now! Or maybe just grilled chicken and salad, always good and easy! :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOOOOOOO found a hella-sexy sale on chicken-breast tenders (the nice strip of chicken meat behind the breast)... only $1.58/lb so I purchased almost 54lbs worth and broke it down...

So - dinner tonight (Monday 07/09/2012), I am planning on a Chicken Parmesan Bake.

Penne for my husband's while I plan on making some faux noodles out of eggplant and zucchini.

Homemade marinara and I have a wonderful Mozzarella and Provolone blend to get all melty gooey and then that light browning frmo the broiler.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah!!!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    It's toooooooooooooooooooo freakin hot, so tonight I'm making a cobb salad with all the fixins!!!!!!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Kangaroo sausages (extremely lean), cheese, raw nuts, spicy tuna salad and a widdle bit of ice cream ;)

I had some processed-to-the-max garlic bread yesterday, I used it to wipe up some meaty sauce ... it was great and highlighted something yer average piece of lettuce cannot do :) Only one bit though ;)
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Nothing too adventurous today:

Lunch: Leftover roast gammon/ham with mixed leaves, cucumber, black olives & mayo.

Snacks: Goats cheese mini babybel, sliced turkey rolled up.

Dinner: Ham & Mushroom crustless quiche, broccoli, side salad of leaves & cucumber.
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    well, thanks to this group, I started the day with a MIM with cinnamon and almonds topped with butter and my usual coffee with heavy cream. Lunch will be an arugula salad with a few cherry tomatoes, spanish almonds, tuna, grated parmesan and a balsamic vinaigrette with garlic and chilli flakes. Dinner is open...I'll recheck this thread for some excellent ideas.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Lunch: Ham & lettuce roll ups, sliced smoked sausage.

Dinner: Chicken Fajita salad (Home made seasoning made with smoked paprkia, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder) with 1-2 chopped chicken breasts with shredded iceberg lettuce, 1/2 an avocado, cucumber slices, grilled pepper slices, 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeno slices and grated cheese.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Having a yummy day so thought I would share.

Breakfast: Lox Omelette (2 egg omelette with 2 oz lox, 1 oz cream cheese, 2 oz tomatoes, and a tbsp of capers - only missing a red onion slice or two)

Lunch: Spinach ceasar salad with 6 oz of shrimp sauteed in butter and garlic

Dinner: Skinnytaste's Mexican slow cooker carnitas served on spaghetti squash with a dollup of sour cream and a couple of tablespoons of guacamole

1,381 calories, 21 net carbs - a little high on sodium, but a good deal of potassium to offset it too.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Sausages, mustard, cheese and nuts took me through to dinner with an 8km brisk walk in the middle.

Dinner was some spicy chicken and beef mince cooked up in some rather splendid 100% animal fat I have found with some leafy veggies and a large serving of a basic salad, filling. :)

I then went nuts and also had a bit of garlic bread, some breadcrumb-laden meatloaf I've cooked up for tomorrow and followed it all with a large spoon of premium ice cream.

That's exercise and sea air for ya :)
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Was going to have left over pork loin and fillet mignon but change of plans. It's been almost 2 months since I started Fast-5 so it has been that long since I have had a breakfast break-fast. So I'm going to make some pancakes, maybe a couple of versions. Sour cream and coconut flour, sour cream and flax, some nice greasy breakfast sausage and some fake maple syrup.

That should put the breakfast monster to bed for a while.

I should not be thinking about it so early in the day. I'm getting hungry already!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I made a breakfast frittata that turned out all right. I will make it again with more ingredients - some onions and peppers maybe or spinach and sour cream. It was good though.. filling and low carb.

For lunch I had a brisket taco made from Mission Carb Balance tortilla, leftover smoked brisket, and cheese (YUM!) and a Kiwi. Stupid Kiwi has 11 carbs. Oh well.

For dinner probably left over brisket since I have about 20lbs of it in the fridge. Will probably steam an artichoke to go with it and maybe a salad.

I seriously need to learn how to cook more "exotic" things because I get tired of the same old menu rotation all of the time.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm going to grill some salmon tonight, love it just the way it is. I have a head of iceberg and I'm going eat a chunk of that and steam up some fresh cauliflower, I love cooking in the summer, the veggies are just so fresh and yummy!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    cook more "exotic" things because I get tired of the same old menu rotation all of the time.

This is so so true. Can't say it enough. This is why this forum is so helpful. We get new ideas. When you get bored with the same old same old the easiest thing to do is to grab something off the shelf, and unless you are in Sweden the likelyhood of it being low carb is not very high.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Today I've managed to get pork into every meal:

breakfast: pork chorizo with a egg and scallions scrambled in. Cholula on top
    lunch: leftover grilled chicken, asparagus with bacon, sriracha top top.
    Dinner: polish sausage with sauerkraut and mustard.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    mmm pork :)
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Snacks: 1 x passionfruit & Mango sugar free jelly pot, 3x mini austrian smoked cheese pieces.

Lunch: Salad (small side salad bought from shop) with a sliced grilled chicken breast, marinated in indian tikka spices.

Dinner: Leftover enchilada bake from last night. I adapted the recipe from here:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/enchilada_bake.html

I added 1/2 a tub or soured cream and 2 roasted green chilli peppers (blended) to the topping and removed the cheese & taco seasoning. I then sprinkled some mozarella on the top. Instead of enchilada sauce (the only ones I could find were really high in carbs) I used 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes (low sugar) and 2 tsp tomato puree. Instead of the can of green chillis I used 1/2 a green bell pepper.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    07/17/12
    Breakfast: Designer Whey Mixed Berry Vanilla protein smoothie

Mid Breakfast: two eggs cooked in half pat of butter, part skim mozzarella in a Josephs low-carb pita pocket

Lunch: Fajita-style chicken breast, sauteed red peppers, onions, baby bella mushroom, gahhhhhhhlic, seasonings galore, sauteed summer squash

Mid Lunch: a threaded salad of carrots, cucumbers, daikon with italian dressing (full fat)

Dinner: Dos Equis BBQ Pork loin, garden salad with full-fat ranch dressing (potato for hubby)