Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    L: Scrambled egg/bacon/spinach/cheese extravaganza (I am, amazingly, not bored with yet)

I don't think I'd get bored with bacon, eggs, and cheese, either! :wink:

B: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, with a side of leftover steak. And a bit of cream cheese since I was still hungry.
    L: zucchini lasagna - I subbed out the pasta with zucchini from a co-worker's garden. Yum! Carrots & almond butter for dessert.
    D: Not sure yet.
    Snacks: I brought a hard-boiled egg and some macadamias if I'm hungry. Had a big workout yesterday, so that usually makes me ravenous the following day!

Coffee with half& half - Need to get some real coconut milk or heavy cream for it!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    B: bulletproof coffee and chia seeds
    L: homemade cioppino
    D: taco salad with carne asada, homegrown tomatoes, avocado and salsa
    Snack: spicy pickle wrapped in pastrami with spicy brown mustard
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try not to eat eggs and bacon today ... I know, but I think I may be addicted.

It started with a couple of eggs and now I have a full-blown "problem". ;)

So, I'm going to munch on another animal instead ... A pile of kangaroo sausages with salad for lunch (after coffee and cream to start).

This leaves me dis*gusting* short of fat intake (something I never thought I'd hear myself say) so I have no idea what to have for dinner. I might do a tuna bake with salad and go mental with the sour cream and cheese topping ... Mmmm ....
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight is planned to be:

In honor of my wife finishing her 2 week < 20g/day Atkins induction and being able to handle a few more carbs

Tossed Salad

Swiss Steak: Pounded cube steak, sauteed in butter with heavy cream sauce

Grilled eggplant slices topped with goad cheese and balsamic/EVOO vinaigrette
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - sausage/turkey bacon
    Pure Pumpkin Cream Cheese Shake

Lunch - Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with bacon bits and some shredded cheese

Snack - pork rinds

Dinner - Sausage
    Pure Pumpkin Cream Cheese Shake

If you can't tell, I love the pumpkin shakes...high fiber, and so yummy. It helps with the cravings for the off limits stuff because it just a tad sweet :)

Total Carbs - 37, NET Carbs- 19
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    B: bulletproof coffee w/chia seeds, an accidental soft boiled egg (took it out way early because I wasn't paying attention hard boiling them, ended up being awesome)
    L: fresh ground wasabi I got from an asian market (they grate the root right there for you..none of that neon green powdered horseradish stuff) mixed with some olive oil and smeared onto salmon. Roasted the salmon with stirfried veggies (squash, cabbage, onions, carrot, asparagus, a couple snap peas, serrano peppers, spinach and chard), added a little lemon juice and sriracha at the end. Spicy and awesome and SO filling
    d: full from lunch so I had some celery and almond butter
    Snack: a couple macadamias
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Coffee and heavy cream to start followed by more of the same (I was in that kind of mood).

A handful of raw nuts for a snack. I have just discovered that my favoured brand may contain peanuts (a legume) and gluten so I'm off to find another supplier.

Back to the monster egg/bacon/cheese/spinach scramble for lunch today.

A big lump of Beef Porterhouse steak with mustard and salad for dinner.

Days like this make me wonder what the hell I was doing on the cereal, rice cakes and low fat spread.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Coffee and cream, the usual spicy scrambled egg thing, leftover steak with salad, nuts, cheese, a whole bag of pork coo snacks, a large portion of minced beef/sour cream/salsa nacho thing but without the chips and a little ice cream to end.

I am stuffed. :)

Exceeded my nominal 'calorie limit' for the first time in a while, going to try eating more and seeing if I can get the metabolism humming a bit, I suspect that I have not been eating enough thanks to the legacy of the 'low fat' days and some residual calorie fear. Got to put an end to that.

Still under 50g carbs today so everything should stay on target :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    8oz Steak strips in a fresh-made demiglace

Vegetable medley of steamed broccoli, zucchini, summer squash baby carrots in a parmesan cream sauce with fresh roasted gahhhhhlic...

Im in freakin' HEAVEN!~
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    8oz Steak strips in a fresh-made demiglace

Vegetable medley of steamed broccoli, zucchini, summer squash baby carrots in a parmesan cream sauce with fresh roasted gahhhhhlic...

Im in freakin' HEAVEN!~

Now THAT is what we are talking about :)

Hey, apparently this way of eating is hard to follow so be careful ;)

Following yesterday's relative foodfest it's 1:45pm and I am not hungry, I've been through a 2 hour cricket net session powered by just some cheese and nuts. I am just going to have to put the maths away and listen to my body. Analysis paralysis and all that.

I will confess to a 1:30am snack of leftover nachos complete with tortilla chips, and very nice they were. I am thankful I was duty bound to leave the majority for the rest of the family or I would have destroyed them after the first mouthful. That's moreish processed food for you I guess.

It woz the Olympics coverage and red wine that made me do it ;)

I'm going to have some homemade beef, cheese and garlic rissoles later all cooked in lovely 100% Supafry animal fat and served with a pile of salad and veggies.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    B: chorizo and eggs, and I always scramble in some scallions. Cholula hot sauce on top, with some grape tomatoes from my garden tossed in
    L: went to this wonderful cook it yourself Japanese restaurant and had some amazing ahi poke, some spicy cabbage salad which has the same ingredients as kimche but without fermentation, some bacon wrapped scallops, and filet mignon
    D: split a half dozen oysters with my friend, then had a massive sashimi platter (ate 12 pieces, and gave the other 4 pieces to my friend). Some of the best sashimi I've had in a while

SO much food today... And it was only 19g of carbs (without subtracting fiber)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Slept through breakfast
    L: wasabi salmon and stirfry veggies with sriracha
    d: chicken taco salad with bell pepper, green onion, olives, 100cal snack pack of guacamole amd pace hot salsa
    Snack: 2 pastrami rollups (2 slices pastrami for each rollup, a hot and spicy claussen pickle spear, and spicy brown mustard), and some macadamia nuts
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My lunch is not too interesting today- a simple cooked sliced chicken breast with mixed leaves & a yoghurt & mint dressing.

Dinner will be someting grand tonight!! I have a whole shoulder of lamb cooking slowly in my slow cooker..... basted with moroccan harissa paste. I will roughly shred this once it's super tender (after about 7 hours of cooking on low) and then mix through some chopped fresh parsley, some chopped fresh mint and scatter on some pomegranite 'seeds' for a fruity moroccan/lebanese edge. Served with chargrilled aubergine (eggplant) slices and a spinach salad.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Sounds great Laura. Always love lamb.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    I'm not a big lamb fan but that sounds amazing!

B: leftover chorizo and eggs
    L: thin sliced steak and roasted beets with olive oil and pomegranate vinegar
    D: 2 turkey burger patties and grilled zucchini with olive oil and red pepper flakes
    Snack: cherries
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Fennel and Italian spice pork sausages (processed but hey ...) with mustard ... salad, veggies, and some disGUSTingly healthy pork stir-fry to end the day.

Raw nuts and cheese at some point too when I get peckish.

I'll probably have some sweet potato too to up the calories, for 'tis my motto this week ... Eat more, do less, drop fat and laugh in the face of energy in/out.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Todays highlights were a 16oz very lean trim strip steak and some awesome smoked gouda cheese. Lunch was chicken tenderloins and a nice salad w ranch.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I just had caribou stroganoff (mushrooms, onion, pepper, spices, red wine, coconut oil) and spaghetti squash with butter. Yum
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Breakfast: Coconut & Coffee shake.

Lunch: Courgette (zuchinni) ribbons (raw) dressed in olive oil, lemon juice, fresh chopped red chilli, fesh chopped basil & parmesan cheese shavings- with a cooked sliced chicken breast. Followed by a pot of pitted black olives.

I'm cooking a nice meal for my bf for dinner:

Dinner- Crispy duck breast with a tamari & 5 spice glaze with chinese greens dressed in sesame oil.

Desert: Lemon 'mousse' made with full fat cream cheese, whipped cream, splenda & lemon extract....... mmmm fatty!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    I just had caribou stroganoff (mushrooms, onion, pepper, spices, red wine, coconut oil) and spaghetti squash with butter. Yum

Ahhhhhhh I had to google what Caribou was then. It's Reindeer? I should imagine it tastes like venison?