Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just had caribou stroganoff (mushrooms, onion, pepper, spices, red wine, coconut oil) and spaghetti squash with butter. Yum

That sounds different and delicious! What type of flavor does caribou have?

Today's meal plan

Lunch: Leftover butternut squash soup with toasted walnuts, side of tomato and mozzarella

Dinner: Baked ranch chicken breasts with a tomato bruschetta, sauteed brussels sprouts, and corn on the cob (Nothing like fresh corn and tomatoes! Have to enjoy them while they are in season.)
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For me the usual breakfast - 2 eggs (the plus'd up egg substitute), 2 pieces of bacon and a slice of cheddar.
    for lunch; 1/4 of a rotisserie chicken (prepared from grocery store - so lots of salt, but didn't require cooking over the weekend), and homemade fauxtato salad
    for dinner: made country style pork ribs in the crock pot with a doctored low-carb barbecue sauce (Motherlode provisions brand - 3 g net carbs for 2 tablespoons - made more tangy and sweet with an added tsp of mustard and tsp of splenda (with fiber so it negates the carb), along with some steamed broccoli and a bit of melted cheddar on top.
  • paulbeesley
    Options
    Hi,
    For me

Breakfast 2 egg scrambed eggs with butter

Lunch
    Ham Salad with Olives and feta cheese

Dinner
    Birdseye eye cheeseburger minus bun, carrot and suede mashed with butter.

Doesnt look much but i have decent portions ;-)

Cheers
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - baby spinach sauteed in butter, scrambled with 2 eggs, 1 T grated Parmesan cheese

Lunch - romaine lettuce salad with chicken and homemade garlic dressing, 1/2 of a Skinny Cow crisp

Dinner - treating my boys to Red Lobster! I've already planned my meal - Caesar side salad and the broiled seafood platter with a side of broccoli (if I can just stay away from those darned biscuits)
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm slightly new to low-carb, but I've done it before and it really works for me (I'm a type 1 diabetic). Today, I had:

B: Atkins dark chocolate shake

L: Huge salad from the salad bar at work with a chicken breast that had about a tbsp of honey bbq sauce on it, 2 string cheese sticks

S: Atkins Advantage bar

D: TGI Friday's NY Bacon/Cheddar burger (no bun) with a side salad with ranch

Had a few nibbles of fruit, and a couple chips with salsa at the restaurant.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    B: bulletproof coffee and chia seeds (not in the coffee, mixed with water). Had this at 7am and was full until 1:30p!
    L: 3 eggs scrambled topped with salsa, small zicchini roasted on olive oil with red chili flakes and fresh parsley
    D: bacon wrapped turkey burger topped with salsa and wholly guacamole 100cal pack, another small zucchini with red ppper and parsley (cooked both zucchini at the same time on a foil packet, ate half the packet at lunch and dinner. Yay batch cooking)
  • Tex_Zen
    Tex_Zen Posts: 10
    Options
    Have you ever tried Miracle Noodles?
    They are made of glucomannon.
    Zero carbs.

Have that Asian noodle soup all the way.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Tonight, Teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin. I'm going to wrap it in bacon and cook it on the grill with the cover down on low heat.

Portobello's with melted pepperjack cheese.

For a veggie maybe some garlic and olive oil oven roasted broccoli.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    I was so busy I didn't post yesterday: breakfast was my usual bulletproof coffee, lunch was a paleo broccoli beef recipe I threw together (roasted broccoli @400 with olive oil, hot chili oil, scallions, mushrooms and coconut amino -- a soy sauce alternative since I cut soy. Cooked some thin sliced steak marinated in chili oil and coconut aminos and tossed it with the broccoli when everything was done. The sauce isn't thick but I always hated that about traditional beef & broccoli anyways). Dinner was a chicken taco salad. I stacked on little bites as I did my bulk prep work after grocery shopping: a radish, a slice of yellow squash, a slice of heirloom tomato and a slice of cactus prickly pear.

Today:

B: the usual :)
    L: Mexican style shrimp cocktail -- shrimp with chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and lime juice. In the past I would have eaten it with tortilla chips but I'm having it with cucumber slices instead.
    D: bacon wrapped turkey burger with salsa and wholly guacamole. I'll either toss it on a salad or wrap it in lettuce.. Haven't decided.
    Snacks: radishes, maybe some cherries
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I seem to be surviving happily into the early afternoon powered by some coffee and cream and raw nuts.

I've been mowing and up on the roof (not together) so by rights I should have an appetite.

I'm going to make myself some spicy eggs and bacon more from a 'I surely need to eat something if only for the essentials' perspective than hunger, plus I like eggs and bacon :)

Tonight I'll be making a tuna bake for the family ... Tuna+Veggies+Sour Cream+Topped with cheese+Bake in oven until golden ... Simple and yum.

I may even have some garlic bread to mop up the sauce, something a lettuce leaf is not ideally suited for ;)
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Have you ever tried Miracle Noodles?
    They are made of glucomannon.
    Zero carbs.

Have that Asian noodle soup all the way.

Interesting, I'm not sure I am keen to be consuming something with no nutritional benefits though.

It would be handy from a change of texture point of view but I'm not sure that being entirely made of something we can't absorb is good for my gut (the digestive bit, not my flab :)).

Hey, maybe I am just over-thinking it, I'm going to get some anyway, thanks for the tip :)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Lunch: Home made peppered smoked mackerel pate (peppered smoked mackerel, full fat cream cheese, dash of heavy cream, lemon juice, parsley) with cucumber & pepper strips and lettuce leaves (to make roll ups).

Snack- pepperoni stick.

Dinner: 2 x quarter pounder burgers topped with smoked bacon & Blue cheese, with home made jalapeno coleslaw.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Jalapeño coleslaw sounds tasty!

Lunch: curried fish. I was rushed and kinda made this up on the fly: 2 fillets of fish (I used sand bass) seared in ghee and coconut oil, removed from the pan once browned, 2tbsp curry powder into the pan with the leftover oils, 3/4 can of coconut milk, about 2tbsp chopped cilantro thrown in. I added the fish back to the pan and simmered about 10min. Don't think it's very authentic but it tastes good

Dinner: carne asada tacos on cabbage leaves with pico de gallo and avocado

Snack: radishes and red bell pepper dipped in guacamole, and some cherries
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Made a killer seasoning rub using Hickory-smoked sea salt (MY GAWD THIS IS GOOOOOOOOOOOD STUFF!) and rubbed up some beef shoulder steak tips. (HSSS, cajun, cumin, arbol, ancho, brown sugar, worcestershire, black pepper)

A buttery-saute of white mushrooms, onions and yellow peppers

Faux-pasta noodles of summer squash and courgettes with fresh chopped gahhhhhlic, diced roma tomatoes, fresh basil and butter...

Hubby also received homemade stuffing to go with his plate.

I ate like a pig but still have just over 300 calories left... I do not see much more food in my immediate future...

*****falls over in heaven
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Nutirition on the go mostly for me today - Boiled eggs, Sausages, Spicy Tuna Salad and I've just chugged some coconut oil for old time's sake.

I have had a hankering for bacon all day though so that is what I'm having now :)

Blowing clean through the calorie 'limit' today, happy days.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Todays a goooood day for meals in my house :o)

Lunch: MASSIVE warm salad- grilled cypriot halloumi cheese, crispy chunks of chorizo picante, marinated artichoke pieces, black olives, a couple of small vine tomatoes, lots of mixed salad leaves, some chopped grilled asparagus spears dressed in the chorizo oil & lemon juice....... oooooh it was grand!

Dinner: Later tonight- Roasted whole chicken (not going to eat it all myself, lol!). with brussels sprouts, brocolli & home made stuffing balls (good quality sausage meat, crispy bacon, fresh thyme, sage, rosemary & parsley and chopped nuts as a 'filler', hint of garlic, touch of nutmeg). With a small amount of chicken gravy.
  • susannahcooks
    Options
    Yummy day at my house too today! Lox omelette for breakfast (lox, capers, cream cheese, red onion, sliced tomato)
    shrimp ceasar salad for lunch
    rib steak and steamed broccoli with some melted cheddar for dinner
    will grill some chicken breasts and bake a zucchini (courgette) lasagna today for meals later this week too.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    A bit of an egg break today for no other reason than variety.

So, my first meal (unless you count coffee and cream) is about lunchtime and it's a good one - A pile of bacon cooked in 100% animal fat with added cheese, spinach, tabasco, cayenne pepper and a fresh chilli from the garden (excellent) all mixed in with some Woolies Alfresco salad and some raw onion.

I have to say that the combination is working for me, I've added it to the list of non-egg faves.

Dinner will be a lamb mince thing with assorted veggies and salad.
  • susannahcooks
    Options
    Today is my usual breakfast: eggsanbacon, and a slice of cheddar
    lunch: spinach salad and a grilled chicken breast (ho hum)
    dinner: squash lasagna (zucchini, seasoned tomato sauce, mushrooms, ground beef, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan (and an egg))

This will pretty much be the routine for the week - with a meal out or two planned, and a steak salad (greek style) in place of the chicken one day).
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Usual breakfast
    Lunch: mushrooms, red bell pepper, a jalapeño and spinach sautéed in ghee, alongside 3scrambled eggs
    Dinner: leftover riblets with homemade bbq sauce. These riblets I bought were so cheap and have a ton of meat on them! They're bite sized, but have twice the meat of a whole rib. Definitely a new favorite
    Snack: cherries