Introductions

Options

Replies

• Abberatia
    Abberatia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Hubby/Partner: Zoltan
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first!
    Due Date: Feb.11, 2013
    Do you know the gender: No
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Zoltan Janos Fabry III or Evelyn Cecilia Fabry
    Where do you live: Houston, TX (Montrose neighborhood)
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: 30 minutes elliptical 3 days a week, Prenatal Yoga on Saturdays.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm super excited about our first kid! I really want to be that cute pregnant gal who 'doesn't look preggo from the back!" I feel that if I keep me healthy then baby will be healthy!
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Name: Stacy

How many kids do you have: This will be my 3rd (I have a 13 yo & 21 yo)
    Due Date: Jan 24 2012??
    Do you know the gender: not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: still building a list
    Where do you live: Southern CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: walking is about all I can muster because I'm soooo tired after work. Hopefully 2nd trimester will be better.
    Anything else you'd like to share: This definitely wasn't a planned pregnancy. My son is 21yo, my daughter is 13yo and I'm a single mom. I was on BC but it obviously failed. Had mixed emotions at first because daddy didn't want anything to do with it at first and now sounds like he wants to fight about it after baby is born but all in all a baby is ALWAYS a blessing!! It's going to be a tough road, but luckily my family and friends are completely supportive. I'm happy to have an outlet here on MFP as well :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Name: Kelley
    Hubby: Benjamin
    How many kids do you have: None, but I've been told my 2 dogs are close enough ;)
    Due Date: February 5, 2013
    How far along are you: 8 weeks 2 days
    Do you know the gender: Not yet, but we don't want to know for the first; we want it to be a surprise!
    Baby's Name: we've got a girl's name picked out, but we haven't decided on a boy's name; hard when hubby doesn't want our baby to share the same name as any relative (and he's got a lot!) lol
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Colorado Springs, CO
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Playing/walking dogs, 30 day shred, P90X (will get scaled down), Yoga
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Name: Nikki
    Hubby: Craig
    How many kids do you have: A beautiful 2 year old
    Due Date: Jan 2nd 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet; we have a gender scan booked in on July 21st and I'm SO excited to know!!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Emily (not definite just a name we both like)
    Where do you live?: Scotland
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: nothing really, been so tired! Hopefully this 2nd trimester will be better!
    Anything else you'd like to share: SO excited! We found out the day before our daughter's 2nd birthday :-)
  • mommydavisx3
    Options
    Hi all! I'm pretty new to MFP and looking for friends for motivation that are in my situation. I'm hoping I'm not pregnant much longer though, due in 1 week!

Name: Michelle
    Hubby: Chris
    How many kids do you have: Two 1 girl 6yrs and 1 boy 2.5 yrs
    Due Date: July 7
    Do you know the gender: nope, one last surprise!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Max for boy, Olive or Olivia for girl
    Where do you live?: northern Cali
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: nothing anymore. Very uncomfy
    Anything else you'd like to share: I have two big events coming up within 6 weeks of delivery( one being a wedding I have to fit in a preordered bridesmaid dress for), trying to lose what I can while maintaining milk supply, so it won't be much:(
  • danalee83
    danalee83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Name: Dana
    Hubby: Dan
    How many kids do you have: None- a beautiful fur child named marley (Dog)
    Names: Havent really thought about them yet.
    Where do you live: San Jose,CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I have been too tired to do anything lately but I usually run and do a lot of hiking so I am hoping to start doing both of those again soon!
    Anything else you'd like to share: We havent told any of our friends and only a few family members. Its still early and I am afraid! I know so many friends that have had miscarriages. Hoping to keep fit through out this pregnancy. I want to be an active Mom!
  • TChelleD
    TChelleD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Name: Terri
    Hubby/Partner: Glen
    How many kids do you have: This will be #6 between the two of us. My third pregnancy
    Due Date: Feb 24, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Too early
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Riley for a girl, cant decide on a boy's name but we have plenty of time
    Where do you live: San Antonio, TX
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Jogging, walking, elliptical
    Anything else you'd like to share: Getting married in October, this was a surprise baby :)
  • Coshie80
    Coshie80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Tammy
    Hubby/Partner: Glen
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first :)
    Due Date: February 6th 2013
    Do you know the gender: To early to tell but we plan to find out
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes, Vivian for a girl and Emmanuel for a boy
    Where do you live: St Catharines, On
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Wii Active Circuit training program and Prenatal Pilates
    Anything else you'd like to share: This was a surprise baby we will be married a year July 16th and we were trying to lose weight when we found out about our peanut., Its still early and I've been given the go ahead to continue my current routine and eating habits. My goal is to be fit enough for an all natural home birth.
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Name: Kim
    Hubby/Partner: Naithan
    How many kids do you have: This will be our 3rd
    Due Date: Not sure yet but I think it'll be around March 2nd
    Do you know the gender: Too early
    Have you picked out the baby's name: No
    Where do you live: Washington State
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Currently doing step aerobics and general weight lifting/elliptical a couple times per week. Was doing kick boxing but haven't had the energy to keep that up. Doctor said I didn't need to limit too much of my current routines, just be careful not to get too overheated.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Kind of a surprise baby, although we didn't do anything to not conceive we weren't exactly planning this one. This will be our last, going to make the hubby get fixed!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Name:Alex
    Hubby/Partner: Will
    How many kids do you have: First time around for a human child, but have two cats, Beatrix and Nermil.
    Due Date: March 11, 2013 (this is from a website; haven't even been to the doctor yet)
    Do you know the gender: I want to know, he doesn't.
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We have some to choose from but we're not telling until he/she arrives!
    Where do you live: Catonsville, MD
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Kickboxing until I can't(all low impact options), walking, looking to get back to swimming, and I'm going to continue to lift weight.
    Anything else you'd like to share: We've been trying to get pregnant since the beginning of the year, and this was the month that if we didn't get pregnant that I was going to start to get a little discouraged. Guess the little one decided that Mommy needed a little encouragement!
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Name: Trista
    Hubby: Paul
    How many kids do you have: This will be human child #1, dog - Cosmo
    Due Date: October 15th, 13th, 11th, 5th - giant baby, so dr keeps changing our dates
    Do you know the gender: Not going to find out - both of us completely agree on this! :-)
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Have lots of ideas
    Where do you live: Sun Valley, ID
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Played ice hockey until 12 weeks, water aerobics 3x a week, 30 min walks with dog every day, circuit training on Mondays, and trying to do a few yoga classes a week - between working and class times, haven't done this as much as I would like.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Dr found a fibroid at 20 week ultrasound - painful! Also, want to be in great shape for labor and delivery, so I can bounce back quickly. Would also like to get back to my weight loss goals after baby.
  • Bdoosh
    Bdoosh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Name: Beth
    Hubby/Partner:Chris
    How many kids do you have: This will be our second child. 1st one is 2 yrs old So far I'm 18 weeks.
    Due Date: December 11th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Not yet. Finding out in 2 weeks.
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Have a girls name picked out but stumped on another boys name.
    Where do you live: North Dakota
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant:Jogging on the treadmill, bike riding.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I am trying feverishly to not gain 30 lbs like I did with my first son. I lost 20 lbs of it and was hoping to lose the last 10lbs until I found out I was pregnant again :) This time I'm watching closely on what I'm eating, striving to workout consistantly and cutting out all soda and caffinated drinks.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Name: Natalie
    Hubby/Partner: Shayne
    Due Date: March 4th 2013
    Do you know the gender: Note yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: nope
    Where do you live: Baltimore, MD
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Not sure yet, this has come as a complete shock and up until I found out I was training really hard, lifting HEAVY weights and crossfit. Luckily my trainer has just gone through this herself and knows what I can and can't do :)

Anything else you'd like to share: I have NO IDEA what I am doing!
  • kc9lbd
    kc9lbd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Name: Steph
    Hubby/Partner:Travis
    How many kids do you have: 1 son (8 yrs), 1 daughter (2 yrs), and 2 dogs
    Due Date: Feb 23, 2013
    How far along are you: 6.5 weeks
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Babies Name: We have some ideas
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Central Wisconsin
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Mostly walking
  • Salingerj
    Salingerj Posts: 1
    Options
    Name: Jordan
    Partner: Gregg
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first:-)
    Due Date: October 6th, 2012
    How far along are you: 27 weeks
    Do you know the gender: Waiting until birth
    Babies Name: Haven't quite decided
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Florida Keys
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Elliptical
    Anything else you'd like to share: I haven’t not gained an absurd amount of weight (yet) but the thought of having to lose it all afterward is seriously depressing me. I am new to this site and thought it might be a good idea to really focus on how much weight I am gaining and remain on a decent track. I would much rather have 15-20 lbs to lose after baby rather than 30+!
  • Ramitta
    Ramitta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Name: Rama
    Hubby/Partner: Mo
    Due Date: February 26, 2012
    How far along: 6 weeks 3 days
    Do you know the gender: Note yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl.
    Where do you live: UK
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, Pregnancy Yoga
    Pounds gained: none so far
    Anything else you'd like to share: Positive after 1st IVF cycle after 3 years of trying to conceive. I am petrified of miscarrying and unable to enjoy my pregnancy:(. My first scan is 11 July at 7 weeks so hopefully that will put my mind at rest given it goes according to plan.
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Name: Anna
    Hubby/Partner: Marc
    How many kids do you have: This will be our second
    Due Date: March 14th, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Probably not until November :-(
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl.
    Where do you live: Tucson, AZ
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Jogging (in the 1st & 2nd trimesters), modified versions of some Jillian Michaels videos, and I'd like to buy a good preggo workout video.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I lost 50 lbs last year and am starting this pregnancy 40 lbs lighter than where I was when I got pregnant with y 1st child.
  • misfitmom
    misfitmom Posts: 6
    Options
    Name: Alyssa
    Hubby/Partner: Charlie
    How many kids do you have: This will be my first. =)
    Due Date: October 23rd, 2012
    Do you know the gender: A girl.
    Have you picked out the baby's name: No
    Where do you live: US
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Elliptical, a modified version of the Nike Training Club app, and Lindsay Brin's prenatal workout DVD. I was running but my back was not a fan!
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I've already gained 30 lbs. I'm really glad that I began tracking on MFP so I can get a hang of it for when I have my baby and want to shed these pounds!
  • hjb797s
    hjb797s Posts: 1
    Options
    Use this space to introduce yourself to the group! I'll start...

Name: Heather
    Hubby/Partner: Brendan
    How many kids do you have: Just 1 fur baby!
    Due Date: 1/27/13
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name? Waiting to get farther along.
    Where do you live: st Louis
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: elliptical, light weights, a little yogalosophy... Rigorous napping :)
    Anything else you'd like to share: lost our first baby last November at 14 weeks... Hoping for a better outcome with this pregnancy.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Name: Jai
    Hubby: Levi
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first
    Due Date: March 14, 2013
    DO you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name? Waiting
    Where do you live: Oregon
    Workouts: I walk an hour a day on a high incline. I hope to keep this up and eat healthy. I just lost 31 pounds since March. I have gained 3 pounds in the last month since I've been preggers.
    Anything else you'd like to share: We have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years! We am SUPER excited!