Introductions

Options

Replies

• dleevee
    Options
    Name: Dana
    Hubby/Partner: Andy
    How many kids do you have: This will be our third. DS is 3 and DD is 21months
    Due Date: August 18th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: No
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not even one clue!
    Where do you live: Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: spinning, weight class, cardio at the gym and lots of different workout DVDs from home. Plan on working out 3-4x per week
    Anything else you'd like to share: Baby 3 was a big surprise and we only found out 2 weeks ago
  • tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Name: JAMIE
    Hubby/Partner: Shane
    How many kids do you have: 1(11 yrs old)
    Due Date: Sept.4 2012
    Do you know the gender: No
    Have you picked out the baby's name: YES,boy and girl
    Where do you live: US,Indiana
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: ZUMBA at home,WALKING
    Anything else you'd like to share: still learning since it ahs been 11 yrs ago,the weight control is scary

Hi there ya'll I am soooo glad to finally find other pregnant moms!!!!!!!!This is so hard for me.I have one son (11 yrs old)and then we are expecting our second in Sept.,I am 7 weeks tomorrow.This was planned but not as soon as it happened.I went on a strick calorie watch and I was working out harder than ever and then BAM found out I was prego!!!!!!I lost 10 pounds immediatly and now this is the hard depressing part for me BC with son I gained a lot and had issues with weight and now that I am under 200 I am scared to see that number again.I have weight issues and I am trying to eat right but the calories are so misunderstanding.The nurse said to eat close to 1800 calories WHAT NO WAY,I am lucky to get 1200 in right now bc of morning sickness,I am on medicine for that now so hopefully that will leave/HOW DO YOU DO IT,HOW DO YOU CHANGE YOUR CALORIE INTAKE AND ALL THAT.I am slowly starting back in my zumba cant walk bc it is too cold and rainy.
    Any help,please help.........
    Here is something else constipation,I know pretty personal BUT If any body has advice please.

THANKS and if anybody wants to be friends hit me up,i could use more than one.sorry if this sounds petty.
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    Options
    Name: Veronica

Hubby/Partner: Uwe

How many kids do you have: Pregnant with my first! (Though I have 2 stepsons.)

Due Date: Feb. 23, 2012

Do you know the gender: boy!

Have you picked out the baby's name: William Friedrich - I love traditional names to begin with. William is my father's middle name, and Friedrich is my FIL's (RIP) first name.

Where do you live: Meissen, Germany (Though I am from Red Bluff, California!)

Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Daily dog walks & gym workouts 3-5 times per week up until the end of October 2011, when I was about 25 weeks pregnant. I still do the daily dog walks which are about 30 minutes each time.

Anything else you'd like to share:

Hello ladies! I am brand new to the website, though not to fitness. I have been active with sports my entire life. It was after I turned 21 that I began drinking and started to slowly gain weight. It was also when I dated a very boring guy that I gained a LOT more weight. I did, however, managed to LOSE that weight all on my own in 2007 after I left that boring guy.

In July 2008 I followed my heart to Germany and was married in October 2008. I slowly started gaining weight back due to not speaking German, not knowing anybody, and simply adjusting to my new lifestyle. (My husband is German, and I am not affiliated with the US Military.) I started to lose weight last year (Spring 2011), again all on my own, with some help from my local gym. I'm sure it helped a little bit that my husband was (and still is) a member of that gym.

We found out we were expecting our first child together in June 2011, with a Feb 29, 2012 due date (later changed to Feb 23). I am currently in my 34th week. I don't exercise anymore, other than my daily dog walks. After the baby arrives, I plan on getting back into LONGER dog walks WITH baby in tow, and going to the gym 3-5 times per week again.

My goal is to get back down to the size I was when I first moved to Germany. :)
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Name: Nikki
    Hubby/Partner: Tyler
    How many kids do you have: One - a 2 1/2 year old girl
    Due Date: June 16, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Nope
    Where do you live: Niceville FL
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Nothing yet, but got the ok from my doctor to resume light jogging which I was doing before I got pregnant. Would like to try some other things like prenatal yoga, maybe some strength training.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Well, I've pretty much been a bump on a log since I got pregnant, but just got out of my first trimester, and I am feeling soooo much less tired. So, I'm going to try and start tracking my foods and do some working out as soon as I get home (I'm in Korea visiting my husband now).

Hi Nikki - Welcome! Our due dates are 2 days apart...come chat with us mamas in the 2nd tri...Have fun in Korea
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    Hubby/Partner: Wayne
    How many kids do you have: One, a 7mo old girl
    Due Date: September 28th 2012
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Lots of in-fighting going on with this, highly dependent on if boy or girl
    Where do you live: Boston, MA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I'm hoping to keep up with my chalean extreme but I will see how that goes when I get further along. Its mostly stregnth training, which is what I wanted to do this year, get stronger
    Anything else you'd like to share: I am absolutely terrified that this pregnancy will be as hard as last time. I was sick with morning sickness until 18 weeks and lost 25lbs. Other than that, happy as can be, stressing about the normal things, parents aren't so excited because they will be so close in age, but in-laws are thrilled since this will be there second grand child. i'm happy because I wanted to have my babies before I got too old to keep up with them ;) but i'm hoping for a boy incase this pregnancy is as bad as last time, then I won't be pressured to do it again to try and have a boy.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Name: Catherine
    Hubby: Sean
    How many kids do you have: We have a son who is four.
    Due Date: August 19, 2012
    Do you know the gender: No and planning to keep it that way this time!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet.
    Where do you live: Nova Scotia, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking and yoga.
    Anything else you'd like to share: We are so excited for baby number 2!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Name: Jackie
    Hubby/Partner: Richard
    How many kids do you have: This will be our secind. We have a two year old boy.
    Due Date: September 17th?
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet
    Where do you live: Pennsylvania
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Regular cardio routine, jogging, and Zumba!

I just found out yesterday! Any new friends would be greatly appreciated. The info in this group has been very helpful!!

Any other Zumba goers out there??
  • lizz0722
    Options
    Name: Elisabeth
    Hubby/Partner: Phil
    How many kids do you have: We have a 1yr old girl, and she will be 2 when this baby arrives.
    Due Date: September 16th?
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet
    Where do you live: Texas
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Regular cardio routine. I've been using the elipitcal machine, and treadmill.
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Name: Crystal
    Hubby/Partner: Tom <3
    How many kids do you have: 2 step sons who live with us but this is our 1st together. :) Very excited!
    Due Date: May 14th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Boy
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Dominick.
    Where do you live: Arizona
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Did a little bit of light hiking but mostly do walking, thought about trying pregnancy yoga.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Hubby & I can't wait to get pregnancy photos taken & I have one particular photo I want taken which is us walking on the beach with my preggo belly. :):wink:
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Name: Rebecca
    Hubby/Partner: Mark
    How many kids do you have: This is our first!
    Due Date: Sept 5, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Don't know yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Well pick a name when we know the gender
    Where do you live: Columbia, MO/Bloomington. IN
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I love a couple pregnancy DVDs that combine strength and cardio. Walking the dog is helpful (and the pace is pre set by the dog). I plan on swimming and maybe running when the weather gets warmer (I hate being out in the cold!). I tried my old routine for a while, but the jumping was just too hard on my body... :(
    Anything else you'd like to share: I am so excited to be pregnant with our first and be concentrating on my health. It's so weird to shift from losing weight to maintaining weight so suddenly, but I'm realizing that I can still exercise (with some modifications) and eat even healthier than I was before.
  • sofabolousx3
    Options
    Name: Souphea
    Hubby/Partner: Anthony
    How many kids do you have: My first baby! :)
    Due Date: May 3rd, 2012
    Do you know the gender: I'm having a mommy's boy!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Still very undecided. We just know his middle name will be Anthony, after his father.
    Where do you live: Lowell, MA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I've only done some walking here and there.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm just really excited about having my baby and getting motivated to get some exercise in.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Hubby/Partner: Brian
    How many kids do you have: This will be number 3 (i have a two and half year old daughter Jessica and a 11 month old daughter Tamsin)
    Due Date: Aug 24th (will be confirmed in 2 weeks at dating scan)
    Do you know the gender: not yet but will be finding out at 20 weeks
    Have you picked out the baby's name: We have the boys name but not a clue if its another girl
    Where do you live: Devon. England
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking
    Anything else you'd like to share: i have hashimotos(hypothyroid)
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Name: Terri
    Hubby/Partner: Stu (recently married)
    How many kids do you have: I have 3 from previous marriage; 22y, 16y, 14y. This will be Hubbies first!
    Due Date: September 12, 2012
    Do you know the gender: no and not finding out
    Have you picked out the baby's name: not yet
    Where do you live: Alberta Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Just walking at this point.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I will be 40 this summer and everyone is asking me why i would want to do this all over again! The funny thing is my brother and his wife are also trying again and there youngest is 12 so my new hubby and i are not alone in this!
  • AmandaJPK
    Options
    Name: Amanda
    Hubby/Partner: Ryan
    How many kids do you have: 1 boy who is almost 3 1/2, this will be our second.
    Due Date: March 18, 2012
    Do you know the gender: They say girl! But we shall see!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not entirely but I have a favorite
    Where do you live: Pittsfield, Massachusetts
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Balls and Bands, Butts & Gutts and Pilates
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm just really glad I found this thread even though I only have 6 weeks left. I've had the worst time trying to figure out how many extra calories I should be eating to gain a healthy weight. Right now I'm 18.5 lbs gained at 33 weeks. My Dr. said 25-30 lbs, which I think, I'll probably make 25. But I notice that I keep coming in under my calorie count from before I was pregnant. I've been eating super healthy and maintaining my exercise routine. Anyone else notice that?
  • nrcorporan3
    Options
    Name: Rosa
    Partner: Eric
    Due: 6/5/12
    Kids : One four year old boy and one on the way
    Workouts: Walking
    Live: Atlanta GA
    Baby name: Not sure yet but big brother wants to name him Chip French Fry ....LOL...
    Not sure that would work since we are not celebrities :)
  • mmonica
    mmonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Name: Monica
    Hubby/Partner: Alex
    How many kids do you have: one girl (9), one boy (4)
    Due Date: Sept 25, 2012
    Do you know the gender: not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: if it's a girl, Kaylee, don't know about a boy name yet
    Where do you live: VA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking
    Anything else you'd like to share: So BLESSED <3
  • karen8873
    karen8873 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Name: Karen
    Hubby/Partner: Jesus'
    How many kids do you have: 2 girls , I have a 21yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old w/ my fiance
    Due Date: July 31 ,2012
    Do you know the gender: not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: not yet
    Where do you live: Boston MA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Elliptical ,hand weights, pregnancy workout DVDS
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How many kids do you have: 2 boys: 4 1/2, & 3. And a 10 yr old stepdaughter.
    Due Date: August 1, 2012
    Do you know the gender: It will be a surprise!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: NO!!!
    Where do you live: Lancaster, PA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Sadly I've been incredibly sick so I haven't done much. I've been feeling better and ready to get back at it!!
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm excited to get caught up on what's happening and to "meet" fellow pregnant gals on MFP!
  • marthalacombe
    Options
    Name: Martha
    Hubby: Thomas
    How many kids do you have: 2 babies and now preggo with number 3
    Due Date: Sept 29, 2012e
    How far along are you: almost 6 wks
    Babies Name: Trinity Lorene if it is a girl..no clue for boy...(we used our boy names already on the first two!)
    Where do you live (if you want to share): 29 Palms, CA (middle of nowhere dessert!)
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: walks, nursing, keeping up with my boys
    Anything else you'd like to share: ummmm nope :) just lost 79lbs after my last son's birth...so hoping to stay more fit during this pregnancy...I am 20lbs lighter than I was when I got preggo with number 1 and 35lbs lighter than when I got preggo with number 2..so very happy to have gotten to a healthier weight (198 at 5'10")
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Name: Liz
    Hubby/Partner: Ray
    How many kids do you have: 1 child, 2 years old
    Due Date: July 9th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Note yet -- we find out on Feb. 22nd, but we're waiting til the 26th to do the gender cake!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl.
    Where do you live: Tinley Park, IL
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Wii EA Active game on easy mode, walking and trying to run throughout the pregnancy, but was super sick in the 1st trimester so didn't do much. Unfortunately, this decreased my endurance and I'm working on getting my heart rate back up.
    I'm hoping to run a few 5k"s this pregnancy and only gain about 25-30 lbs total. Still tracking my food and trying to exercise every other day but nothing too strenuous.