1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Well, bad news ladies. We lost the baby last night. This miscarriage was very different from my first one - no red bleeding or cramps until I actually passed the baby. We're doing okay, still have to tell our 9-year-old son, which will suck. But, hopefully we'll be back here again someday. Good luck to you all on a happy, healthy pregnancy!

So sorry to hear this. I was hoping all would work out for you after the spotting stopped.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am nearing 14 weeks along, and moving over to the next board. Hope to see you all there soon!
  • McVizzle
    McVizzle Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello fellow Moms/Soon to be Moms... I'm Keri. I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter, Paisley, and I'm a SAHM.

My hubby and I have been trying to have another baby since 2008. I had 3 miscarriages in a row... 08, 09 10... And finally I switched drs and my current doctor discovered that I had high grade abnormal cells on my cervix. I had a LEEP procedure done last year which was successful, and we have been trying for another baby since January of this year. We feels SO blessed to be pregnant again! Our due date is April 11, 2013.

I am on the overweight side and I could use some support during this pregnancy. I DO NOT want to gain a bunch of unnecessary weight. I was about 50 lbs lighter when I got pregnant with Paisley, so I just want to keep this pregnancy as healthy as I possibly can. Please feel free to add me for motivation/encouragement...

Congrats to everyone!!! Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy, birth, and beyond!!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I just had my scan this morning. I am only 11weeks and 1 day. However because I am going to Fiji on Saturday I had to do it early. The lady I spoke to when I booked in said it would be fine, but then when I got there the technician was concerned that it was too early and the baby would be too small for the test. Anyway it was all fine, the baby was 48.3mm long and needed to be atleast 48 for the test. Maybe its got my hubbie's genes because he is 6'5" :)

Everything looked fine, baby was jumping and flipping all over the place. It didn't really look like anything at the 7 week scan, so it was pretty surreal to see this very baby-ish looking thing having a riot of a time in there. Heart rate was 160bpm just like last time.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just had my scan this morning. I am only 11weeks and 1 day. However because I am going to Fiji on Saturday I had to do it early. The lady I spoke to when I booked in said it would be fine, but then when I got there the technician was concerned that it was too early and the baby would be too small for the test. Anyway it was all fine, the baby was 48.3mm long and needed to be atleast 48 for the test. Maybe its got my hubbie's genes because he is 6'5" :)

Everything looked fine, baby was jumping and flipping all over the place. It didn't really look like anything at the 7 week scan, so it was pretty surreal to see this very baby-ish looking thing having a riot of a time in there. Heart rate was 160bpm just like last time.

Great news! An active baby is an amazing thing to see during an ultrasound!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Great news! An active baby is an amazing thing to see during an ultrasound!

I know, certainly makes it very REAL!!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    hi all! and yay for all the spring babies!!! sounds like we're all heading to the doctors, or have been to the doctors, to see where we all are! i have my first appointment today...so it wont be an ultrasound...but just a 'hey...hows it going...this is the deal' sort of thing! so i am excited (although the dr. i am seeing today is not my favorite in the practice!)...it just makes it that much more real! why is it that when they test you and tell you 'yep...you're pregnant' that it makes it more real! :happy:

i am just super excited for this pregnancy. i wonder how it will go...if it will be different from my first...etc!

hope everyone has a great day and weekend!!!
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Is anyone else losing weight? I've lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks and I'm 6 weeks currently. I've increased my cals, decreased my excercise a bit, and have no nausea or aversions at all. The nurse said not to worry but after 2 losses that's just impossible.
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else losing weight? I've lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks and I'm 6 weeks currently. I've increased my cals, decreased my excercise a bit, and have no nausea or aversions at all. The nurse said not to worry but after 2 losses that's just impossible.

I have lost about 7 lbs this week, thats because this week, the nausea hit me hard. Not throwing up, but have no apetite for food whats so ever. the only thing that manages to appeal to me is legumes, apples, oranges. which is all i eat when i can. never felt like this before
  • cakesmooth
    Options

I have lost about 7 lbs this week, thats because this week, the nausea hit me hard. Not throwing up, but have no apetite for food whats so ever. the only thing that manages to appeal to me is legumes, apples, oranges. which is all i eat when i can. never felt like this before

Those are nutritious things! I wish I had nausea. How far along are you? I lost weight in my first two pregnancies due to nausea and aversions as well. I had no nausea with the last one and lost it early.
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Those are nutritious things! I wish I had nausea. How far along are you? I lost weight in my first two pregnancies due to nausea and aversions as well. I had no nausea with the last one and lost it early.

I am 8 weeks today. Urggh, cant wait for the 13th week!
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Had my dating ultrasound today and everything was just fine! That really took a load off my shoulders. Nothing was wrong but I just wanted to see something so that it could feel real. I know I have a long time to go until the (relative) security of the second trimester.

From my LMP, I dated myself at 7w4d. Ultrasound put me at 6w6d. We heard a HB but I didn't ask the rate. I figured if it was a problem, they would have said something.

The 6w6d time frame actually jibes more with what I know to be the date of conception. My doc still decided to keep the dates based on my LMP since I was absolutely positive of that date. Hope that doesn't bite me in the butt later if I'm "late" and they want me to schedule a repeat C-Section or something.

I've heard of the Ramzi theory of gender determination and I asked what side the baby was implanted on. The tech said left. If the theory is correct, that means there is a 97% chance this is a GIRL.
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Had my dating ultrasound today and everything was just fine! That really took a load off my shoulders. Nothing was wrong but I just wanted to see something so that it could feel real. I know I have a long time to go until the (relative) security of the second trimester.

From my LMP, I dated myself at 7w4d. Ultrasound put me at 6w6d. We heard a HB but I didn't ask the rate. I figured if it was a problem, they would have said something.

The 6w6d time frame actually jibes more with what I know to be the date of conception. My doc still decided to keep the dates based on my LMP since I was absolutely positive of that date. Hope that doesn't bite me in the butt later if I'm "late" and they want me to schedule a repeat C-Section or something.

I've heard of the Ramzi theory of gender determination and I asked what side the baby was implanted on. The tech said left. If the theory is correct, that means there is a 97% chance this is a GIRL.

Thanks or the reminder about the Ramzi theory... My U/S appt is this Thursday when I *think* I'll be 7w4d, so we shall see. I'm glad your appt went well. I'm nervous for mine.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've never heard of Ramzi theory before, may have to ask next scan!!

I had NT scan (12 weeks) today. All is well, unable to get nuchal measurements, so have another scan next week.
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Had my US yesterday at 7 weeks 2 days. Baby is great and in the right place. Heart rate was 187 which is higher than my last baby who was further along and passed away soon after the US. I feel happy for the first time since I found out I was pregnant! I want to celebrate and starting to make plans and think that my baby may survive. Sorry to sound so morbid but I've lost a few since last September. Best wishes to everyone!
  • cakesmooth
    Options

Thanks or the reminder about the Ramzi theory... My U/S appt is this Thursday when I *think* I'll be 7w4d, so we shall see. I'm glad your appt went well. I'm nervous for mine.

I asked where the placenta was attached to my uterus and the tech wasn't able to tell at my ultrasound yesterday. I was 7 weeks 2 days.
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    cakesmooth - That's great news!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight too - I've bumped up my calories DRASTICALLY, am on modified bed rest (so it's NOT the exercise :tongue: ) and even though I'm almost constantly nauseous :sick: , I rarely "toss my cookies" anymore, so it's not that.... sure is strange! I'm eating healthy though, so not too concerned about the 3 lbs, it'll come soon enough, and baby is growing more on target than it was a few weeks ago (whew). So hard to not overworry things.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options

During my first pregnancy I lost almost 12 lbs during the first trimester (due to extreme nausea). My baby was healthy and perfect. This pregnancy I have lost 3-4 lbs. I am 11 weeks today. My doctor isn't concerned unless I am still losing at 16 weeks or if the baby's growth takes a toll because of it. Try not to stress about it. A lot of people lose weight in the first trimester. You body metabolism speeds up since the baby uses your energy and until you figure out where your calorie intake must be it can be tough. Also, if you are eating healthy it is harder to eat 1800 calories of healthy food (instead of just junk).
  • cakesmooth
    Options
    Weight is slowly rising. Have gained almost two of the three pounds lost. And I'm ok with that! Those three pounds were like a little Oreo shelter. ;b. My eating habits have begun to decline. They definitely aren't what they were when I was losing. But that's ok. They aren't as bad as they were with all of my previous pregnancies. :)