1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth. I just found out a week ago that I am expecting Baby #2. I have a 2 1/2 year old girl and couldn't be more excited (and scared) to give her a sibling.

I gained 36 pounds with my last kiddo and thanks to MFP I lost that and an extra 32 pounds. I plan on exercising more this time around and not eating for 2. :) I went a little overboard last time. So far I have just been tired and hungry. I'm trying to eat healthier, but those chocolate cravings win sometimes. :)

Hi Beth! (I'm Rebecca!)

You sound just like me, except my son is a little older than 1 1/2. I gained about 60 and lost all that plus another 40 or so, thanks to MFP :)

You may want to join in on the "May 2013 Due Dates" thread, since you likely fall in there, though you may be due in the beginning of June by now!

Just keep moving and eating right. As you and I know, "eating for two" is not meant to be taken literally :wink:

Best wishes to you, welcome, and congratulations!
  • RooChilders
    RooChilders Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post in this group. I am 5 weeks and expecting my first baby on May 17th, my husband Tye and I are very excited. We have been "Practicing" (that what Tye calls it) since January. I am a bit more tired than usual, don't know if that is due to cutting back on coffee and I've been cooking spicy food for a week straight :) I have gained 3 lbs and a cup size. I feel pretty bloated at times, but thats okay. I will take these symptoms as they are, its so worth it knowing whats ahead. This is so exciting I still cannot believe it!!! I am looking foward to spending these next few months with everyone!!!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post in this group. I am 5 weeks and expecting my first baby on May 17th, my husband Tye and I are very excited. We have been "Practicing" (that what Tye calls it) since January. I am a bit more tired than usual, don't know if that is due to cutting back on coffee and I've been cooking spicy food for a week straight :) I have gained 3 lbs and a cup size. I feel pretty bloated at times, but thats okay. I will take these symptoms as they are, its so worth it knowing whats ahead. This is so exciting I still cannot believe it!!! I am looking foward to spending these next few months with everyone!!!!

Congratulations and welcome! Your first is so exciting!

Go ahead and join the May 2013 Due Dates thread, if you like :) We'll be happy to have another one (especially since our numbers are low due to its being so early in our pregnancies that not a lot of women share "publicly" just yet). We have started doing daily check-ins on how everyone is feeling, plus a few of us have had first doctor's appointments already, so we get the news on those.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

i am due the first week of june. found out yesterday (so about 4 weeks) that i am expecting our 2nd child. we already have a 2 year old son. i am 27 live in the uk and am hoping to have a water birth.

happy and healthy nine months!!

xxx
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations to everyone!!! :D
  • fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hello and that I'm very happy to find this group :) I'm 11 weeks, 2 days pregnant. EDD April 21st, 2013. This will be baby #3 for hubby and I :)
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    just thought id say hello to everyone! im only 4.5weeks pregnant at the moment but i found out very early! EDD is around 6th june 2013 this is my 4th baby and last, i have a 4yr old, 2yr old and a 16month old at home so bit of a shock pregnancy! i plan on working out as much as possible during this pregnancy and im trying to to change my routine that much at the moment. and im still doing insanity, zumba and swimming. iv lost 65lbs since my last pregnancy so hoping to gain the very minimum this time, i still feel great at the moment just some lower back pain that eases with exercise.

hope everyone is great! and congrats to all!
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Your ticker is so cute!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hello,

We just found out we are expecting. This will be our 4th June baby but our 6th child. I have been trying so hard to lose weight and am worried about gaining this go round. I am already big so.. I don't have easy babies and when I get sick I don't move as much. Crossing my fingers I can change that. First trimester always scares me.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and having ladies I can relate to.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I just realized I need to move to the 2nd trimester group...it's amazing how quickly it goes! See you all over there!
  • gleahy77
    Options
    I just wanted to introduce myself. I will be 8 weeks pregnant this coming Thursday. I go see our OB today and can't wait to see our tiny little blip on the monitor and hear that sweet heartbeat!! This is our 4th baby but we will have 5 total. My stepson is 20 and leaves for the Navy in December. He keeps asking if we are replacing him but I told him that there is no way that we could replace him! We have a 7yr old, 6 yr old, and an almost 2 yr old (he will be 2 on Friday). We have all boys and I was very actively trying to lose weight. I lost 48lbs since June and then found out that I am pregnant so I have stopped the diet program that I was on. I have gained back 4lbs but I have gotten my eating and such under control. I have been training to do my first 5k and should be doing my first one on the 27th. I am second guessing myself on that only because my knees and hips have been bothering me pretty bad. I have lots of questions for my OB this time around so I hope he is ready to answer lots of questions today. ;) Congratulations to everyone on this board! Babies are such a blessing and we were definitely surprised by this pregnancy but we are so happy! Who knows, maybe we will get our girl after all! :)
  • gleahy77
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Beth, I have a 7 year old son and and currently just over 11 weeks pregnant :) Very pleased as have had quite a few miscarriages, but never past the 8 week stage so starting to feel very optimistic. I have already put on 8lb as I stopped exercising when I found out I was pregnant and I have been constantly hungry, so I have joined this lovely group for some inspiration and advise and to meet other ladies in similar situations and hopefully make some friends :)

Hope you are all feeling fab, looking forward to 'chatting' with some of you x

Congratulations! Feel free to add me as a friend! My goal through this pregnancy is to continue to workout throughout the entire pregnancy. My energy level has definitely been low and my workouts aren't as intense as they have been but I am just focused on keeping moving. :)
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    glea- I have my first 5K Nov 17th. Thankfully it is the colorrun so I won't be as worried about time as much as having fun. Who knows how I will be feeling at that point but I am still going. I have been looking forward to it. I didn't start the couch to 5k program like I had planned though. I figured that might be a little much but am still walking each day.
  • waterkiwi2
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Joining the group as I recently found out we are having a baby in May! May 17th to be exact...at least what they say right now. My first OB appt. is tomorrow. So far I just get a little queasy every once in awhile and I've been able to keep up my fitness routine. I slacked last week, but got back to running this week and did some circut training. Trying to make sure I get in my fruits and veggies while all I crave is carbs. :happy:
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 10 weeks pregnant (due May 7, 2013- which happens to be my daughter's birthday), and this is my 5th pregnancy. I have two living children, and I have had two miscarriages. Total anxiety was the first emotion I felt when I found out I was pregnant... ok, I was also a bit excited! I had been hoping for more children, but after my latest miscarriage in March of last year, I wasn't sure I would ever get pregnant again. My kids are 5 1/2 (daughter) and 3 1/2 (son).

I lost nearly 40 lbs through MFP, left because some people were extremely discouraging, and now I am back to track while I work for a healthy pregnancy... one totally opposite from my pregnancies with my daughter and son, lol! After my last miscarriage I started running as a release for just all the craziness I was feeling. It became my passion... so when my doctor informed me that I have a slight vaginal prolapse and would no longer be able to run (until I have corrective surgery), I was pretty heartbroken. BUT I am just going to look at it as a new challenge! I do feel a bit jealous when I see all these wonderful pregnant women still running (just like I had planned to do...), but if this is what it takes to have this wonderful blessing, I will gladly give up running for the time being.

I follow a primarily vegetarian diet, but from time to time I do eat fish and chicken. I gave up caffeine, as some studies have shown caffeine increases the risk of miscarriage (but if you drink it, I don't judge! I know lots of women who have and they had wonderful pregnancies and healthy babies! I just feel that I need as much as possible to work in my favor.). I definitely miss my morning cup of sweet, sweet coffee! :drinker:

I would love to meet women with similar goals, similar issues, or just... people that can encourage and can use some encouragement as well! However, I won't add anyone who is discouraging, belittling, has a very unhealthy diet, or uses foul language. I am here to support and encourage and I hope everyone is here to do the same! Praying that each and every one of you has a happy, healthy, wonderful pregnancy!!!
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to all you first tri mommas! That was one long trimester! I'm off to the second!
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just a lil post to introduce myself!

I'm in the UK and I will be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow with my first, my husband and I found out a week ago and this is a result of our second round of IVF. We have our first scan on 25th October and estimated due date is 11th June 2013.

I am really really excited but also super-nervous as we have wanted this for so long and it seems to good to be true! Due to being 'high risk' I have been advised to take it very easy for my first trimester - I was previously very active and was enjoying doing the Stronglifts 5X5 heavy lifting programe, however I've been told to stop completely. I'm now limiting my workouts to walking on the treadmill and yoga and pilates DVDs just to be on the safe side. I have no weight issues but I am already missing my proper exercise!

So far my only symptoms are sore boobs, tiredness and increased sense of smell - no nausea as yet! I'm also craving carbs and salty foods.

Hope you are all well and enjoying your pregnancies, I look forward to getting to know you all!! :)
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Welcome to our new joiners! (Sorry, I can't think of a better word for that.)
  • iampanda
    Options
    Hi there, just a lil post to introduce myself!

I'm in the UK and I will be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow with my first, my husband and I found out a week ago and this is a result of our second round of IVF. We have our first scan on 25th October and estimated due date is 11th June 2013.

I am really really excited but also super-nervous as we have wanted this for so long and it seems to good to be true! Due to being 'high risk' I have been advised to take it very easy for my first trimester - I was previously very active and was enjoying doing the Stronglifts 5X5 heavy lifting programe, however I've been told to stop completely. I'm now limiting my workouts to walking on the treadmill and yoga and pilates DVDs just to be on the safe side. I have no weight issues but I am already missing my proper exercise!

So far my only symptoms are sore boobs, tiredness and increased sense of smell - no nausea as yet! I'm also craving carbs and salty foods.

Hope you are all well and enjoying your pregnancies, I look forward to getting to know you all!! :)

Hi there, and congratulations to you and your husband! I was also told that I can't keep up my regular exercise, but for different reasons. I miss it, too! But it'll be well worth it for both of us :wink: I crave carbs as well- mostly because that's the only thing that doesn't totally upset my stomach! I hope all goes well for you!!
  • iampanda
    Options
    Best wishes to all you first tri mommas! That was one long trimester! I'm off to the second!

I'll be there soon!