1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Made it to ten weeks before the lil' kiddo decided I shouldn't go to work in the morning. I guess that's a pretty good run of time, hopefully this doesn't happen too often or it's going to be a little difficult keeping the pregnancy from my boss...

Oh no, I guess that is a good run though. I haven't told my boss either, and don't really want to until my first appointment. I'm fortunate to have a flexible schedule, so there are many days when I don't have to be anywhere in the mornings, and can kind of change things around if I can barely move! But today is not one of those days, hoping I make it through the 11 hour day :(
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else experiencing diarrhea?!!!! I know during this 1st trimester that normal things are nausea, vomiting, constipation, yada yada, but i've never heard of having diarrhea as part of the symptoms. I'm 9wks 5days. This has been happening for over a week now. It's the kind where you get the cramping and have to ruuuuuun to the bathroom and are in there forever because it won't stop. This didn't happen at all my 1st pregnancy. I was actually really badly constipated. I had gained 5 lbs already but have lost 2 of those now because of all the diarrhea!!
    I had it BAD with my last pregnancy. Till well into 2nd tri. I thought constipation was the norm too, but diarrhea can be too.

I been back forth this time. Constipation one week and diarrhea the other. Hang in there!

FaugHorn - sorry about work :ohwell: Few more weeks and hopefully the m/s will ease up!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry to hear a few of us are dealing with some crazy pregnancy symptoms. Feeling the same here, go from throwing up one minute to feeling fine the next. My lower back still hurts, but I'm hanging in there. :wink:

With my first son I was sick from 6wk until about 14wks and we found out he was a boy around 20wks. With my second son I had no sickness and felt great in the 1st trimester and found out he was a boy around 18wks. So you just never know what sex you will get since each pregnancy can produce different symptoms. I am sick again this time around which sucks, but it just makes me really focus on the fact that I'm pregant again.

We told me parents the news this past weekend, they were shocked, but happy for us. This is baby #3 in just over 2 years so we haven't wasted anytime. :wink:
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry to hear a few of us are dealing with some crazy pregnancy symptoms. Feeling the same here, go from throwing up one minute to feeling fine the next. My lower back still hurts, but I'm hanging in there. :wink:

With my first son I was sick from 6wk until about 14wks and we found out he was a boy around 20wks. With my second son I had no sickness and felt great in the 1st trimester and found out he was a boy around 18wks. So you just never know what sex you will get since each pregnancy can produce different symptoms. I am sick again this time around which sucks, but it just makes me really focus on the fact that I'm pregant again.

We told me parents the news this past weekend, they were shocked, but happy for us. This is baby #3 in just over 2 years so we haven't wasted anytime. :wink:

Glad you're back. I haven't thrown up but I totally sympathize with feeling ok then feeling horrible so quickly. That's great you got to share it with your parents. My parents (esp dad) are so excited, as this will be their first grandkid! They keep telling me they want to buy things, but I'm trying to hold them off for a few weeks. Only 25 days to my first appointment...not like I'm counting or anything :)
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Name: Myriane
    Hubby/Partner: Daniel
    How many kids do you have: this will be our first!
    Due Date: November 27th, 2012
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet
    Where do you live: New Brunswick, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Body pump (weight training), yoga and walking outdoors
    Anything else you'd like to share:

Hi everyone!
    So nice to see that there is a group dedicated to keeping fit and eating right while pregnant :) I am in my 7th week and have been feeling somewhat good, I have trouble doing my workouts because I'm really tired, so instead of doing my usual 4-5 times a week at the gym, I do about 2-3, with walking in between. I'm not sick, but I find I'm hungry all the time and have trouble getting under my calorie goal (not by that much though)... I have set my goal to loose 1/2 a pound a week, but sometimes I go over 100-200 cals... is that ok? I still had 45 lbs to loose before I was pregnant.. now I definetely feel my boobs have grown a little and I feel blowted all the time.. such is life!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have set my goal to loose 1/2 a pound a week, but sometimes I go over 100-200 cals... is that ok? I still had 45 lbs to loose before I was pregnant..

Hi Myriane!

I have seen a couple of pregnancy sites that give advice about losing weight (in a healthy way without restricting nutrients for the lil' one). www.babycenter.com and thebump.com are two I can think of off the top of my head. Welcome!
  • MyrianeO
    Options
    I have set my goal to loose 1/2 a pound a week, but sometimes I go over 100-200 cals... is that ok? I still had 45 lbs to loose before I was pregnant..

Hi Myriane!

I have seen a couple of pregnancy sites that give advice about losing weight (in a healthy way without restricting nutrients for the lil' one). www.babycenter.com and thebump.com are two I can think of off the top of my head. Welcome!

• MyrianeO
    Options
    For those of you who are interested in professionnal info on loosing weight while preggo :
    http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-diet-during-pregnancy_1246178.bc
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Welcome Myriane! I find it hard staying within my goal to maintain many days, so just listen to your body.
  • busyPK
    Options
    Welcome Myriane! There are a bunch of first time mamas in this group, although I'm not one of them. :smile: I haven't been counting calories for the past couple weeks because nausea is with me all day long. I am just happy I am able to get through my day at work and home with my two young boys without getting sick to much. I'm hoping to get back into it when I am feeling better (hopefully soon).
  • Lainn
    Options
    Welcome Myriane! Glad to see another momma here!

I have been struggling everyday with my calories. My OB had me up my goal to 1750 and I just feel like some days (like today...) it is impossible to keep under.

Try not stress, so easier said then done! My OB said it is much more important to keep up the exercises than to force yourself to stay under. As a momma to 3 (almost 4!) I can tell you from experience that there will be days where you just never feel full! And other days where just the smell of food sends you to the restroom!

Hang in there!
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just found out that my husband and I are expecting. We are 6wks preg! Last night I just wanted to share that I came home from work at 530, had dinner, layed on the couch, and passed out. I woke up in my bed but I have no recollection of how I got there. I'm guessing I slept over 12hrs. Someone please tell me that this wasn't a preview of other days, I'll never make it to the gym. I suppose I needed it though...thoughts? Btw, this is our first :)
  • busyPK
    Options
    I just found out that my husband and I are expecting. We are 6wks preg! Last night I just wanted to share that I came home from work at 530, had dinner, layed on the couch, and passed out. I woke up in my bed but I have no recollection of how I got there. I'm guessing I slept over 12hrs. Someone please tell me that this wasn't a preview of other days, I'll never make it to the gym. I suppose I needed it though...thoughts? Btw, this is our first :)

Welcome and congrats!! Going through pregnancy with your first is such a special time. :smile: I was exactly like that with my first. I was in bed by 9pm at the latest each night in the 1st trimester. It got better once I was about 14wks along, but I was still more tired than usual throughout the pregnancy (until those last few weeks where it's hard to sleep because of the big bump :wink: ). The good thing is you don't have other kids to look after and keep you up (like me), but the bad thing is workouts sometimes don't happen. Just fit them in when you can!
  • chickybuns
    Options

Welcome! Every pregnancy is different. I have been a lot more tired than usual, but I find if I make myself exercise, I do feel a ton better, although I know it is difficult at times. Try to find out when you feel the best, for me it's the morning as I often feel bad in the evenings. But make sure you get enough rest too. Congratulations.
  • Lainn
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds pretty normal to me! Fatigue is probably one of the most common pregnancy symptoms. Usually it goes away int he 2nd tri and then comes back in the 3rd. Everyone is different though...so do not fret if that doesn't happen exactly. Example...my 1st I had m/s and fatigue through the whole 9m. With my 2nd, not a single symptom the entire pregnancy. 3rd, nausea, fatigue, some vomiting, and bleeding till 17 weeks...then smooth sailing! Well except for the fatigue...that never went away, but I had two other kids lol!

Work outs might also help with the fatigue. Just do not work out before bed. And listen to your body...if it says slow down or stop please do so!

Hang in there! H & H 9m!
  • busyPK
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! Work has been slow here so I'm a little bored. :laugh: The icky feeling comes and goes, but I haven't thrown-up in over 2 days! Still eating whatever sounds good as it changes daily. Some days it tons of fruit, and others it's Arby's. :blushing: I'm 10wks now...can't believe it, 1/4 the way there already. :bigsmile:
  • vonalj
    Options
    Anyone not really feeling pregnant. Having slight cramping, not anything severe, just enough that I notice something. I'm wanting to take another test......thoughts??
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Anyone not really feeling pregnant. Having slight cramping, not anything severe, just enough that I notice something. I'm wanting to take another test......thoughts??

I didn't really feel pregnant until Week 7 or so although I noticed the tenderness and the uterine stretching feeling so figured the test was right (plus that pink line was REALLY pink). Is there a way to go into your doctor's for a verification test? My GP said she'd give me a preganacy test whenever I wanted one if the OBGYN was taking too long to have an appointment.
  • busyPK
    Options

How far along are you? I didn't feel pregnant until my m/s started which was at 6.5wks. Go ahead and take another hpt if you'd like, but I'm sure everything is fine. :smile:

So I jinxed myself yesterday, after I posted that I haven't thrown-up in a couple days, I go and do it twice before I even left work. :embarassed: I had to leave work early and go home and rest for an hour, but then I was better. Hate this early pregnancy stage!
  • vonalj
    Options
    I think its my husband that has me so paranoid. He's really getting on me with the exercising, wants me to stop completely. He is so afraid of me miscarrying or "giving" the baby birth defects. He was reading all of these horror stories on the internet. I've had blood work twice, so I def. know that I am. We have an appt next wk so he can meet with the dr. and he be informed of the safety precautions, benefit, etc. of exercising and pregnancy. I hope he calms down, poor guy is a nervous wreck.

How many lbs should I expect to gain in the first tri? This is our first. I'm 6wks, and overweight... ;p