1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Thanks thats really nice, I am trying to chillax. I know it could just be early and worrying does not help. Kinda hard though ;)

I should have blood results by tomorrow, so thats less to think about...
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My first appointment is (FINALLY) tomorrow morning- I'll be 11 weeks 3 days tomorrow...can't wait to have peace of mind. Will keep everyone posted:)
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    Wickedmeowmer: You're in my thoughts and prayers:) Stay positive...
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Thanks again, I did the worst possible thing and googled it. 85% miscarriage rate. Not good odds.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks again, I did the worst possible thing and googled it. 85% miscarriage rate. Not good odds.

I'm sorry hun, just try to stay positive until you know the results. Thinking of you :)
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It has been awhile. Sorry :embarassed:

I only have a few days left on this thread. I feel better that I have reached 12w, but I still can't help but feel worry over everything. After two losses the innocence goes away.

I haven't weighed-in at all this week! Too scared of the scale being a complete jerk lol.

Glad to see so many good appointments!

Wicked - Praying for you and your little bean. Hope all is well!
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st appointment and they said the heart rate was slow (77)/baby was small for my last period date, so now i get to stress out for two weeks until my next appointment. They took blood in case I had low progesterone levels, but other than that supposedly there is nothing I can do about it. Reassuring right?

Try not to worry! I apparently ovulated much later than I thought and am measuring at only 6 weeks vs. 8. Our little heart beat was around 110, but still not super strong yet. I also have 2 weeks to stress before my next ultrasound, so I know exactly how you feel! Hopefully when they get the blood work back it will reassure you. They did a transvaginal ultrasound on me yesterday and I've been bleeding ever since...so I'm nervous too! Feel free to add me if you want any extra support. :)
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm new to thread. I've calculated my edd to be 11/17. My first doc appt is Friday and I can't wait. This will be our second. We have a 2 year old son but I had a miscarriage in Dec so we are nervous as well. My nausea is all over the place and only comes second to my feelings of fatigue. I am so glad to have come across this group of awesome moms. Please add me if you like.:flowerforyou:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm new to thread. I've calculated my edd to be 11/17. My first doc appt is Friday and I can't wait. This will be our second. We have a 2 year old son but I had a miscarriage in Dec so we are nervous as well. My nausea is all over the place and only comes second to my feelings of fatigue. I am so glad to have come across this group of awesome moms. Please add me if you like.:flowerforyou:

Welcome and Congrats! :)
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well despite the normal pregnancy symptoms!lol!

Wicked-Thinking of you, take it easy, and try to relax

Well first of all I feel super foolish in "complaining" last week that I didn't feel pregnant! We are 7wks now and around 6.5wk I seemed to have been hit with extreme nausea, extreme fatigue, and smells are making me nausous now too. This is wreaking havoc on my diet and exercise regimen. The healthy foods that I typically eat are totally grossing me out and I'm not having the energy to work out. I've been thinking of cancelling my gym membership, its $10/mo. I have a treadmill and tons of JM dvd's. I know that the elliptical would be nice once I get further along but i'm not sure its worth it just for the elliptical. How are you ladies planning your grocery trips? I've never been the person to be picky so my husband and I plan our meals for the wk usually and shop accordingly. Since i've been experiencing the nausea hardly anything is ever seeming good. Our appt is on the 19th and we are so excited! I can't wait for the 2nd tri so I can start feeling more like myself.
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Thanks guys - I'm glad most everyone else has good visits! Today my stomach feels icky which would make for the first MS, but I am pretty sure its just stress. Forcing myself to eat whatever sounds good though even though I don't feel like it!
  • bluegirl10
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well despite the normal pregnancy symptoms!lol!

Wicked-Thinking of you, take it easy, and try to relax

Well first of all I feel super foolish in "complaining" last week that I didn't feel pregnant! We are 7wks now and around 6.5wk I seemed to have been hit with extreme nausea, extreme fatigue, and smells are making me nausous now too. This is wreaking havoc on my diet and exercise regimen. The healthy foods that I typically eat are totally grossing me out and I'm not having the energy to work out. I've been thinking of cancelling my gym membership, its $10/mo. I have a treadmill and tons of JM dvd's. I know that the elliptical would be nice once I get further along but i'm not sure its worth it just for the elliptical. How are you ladies planning your grocery trips? I've never been the person to be picky so my husband and I plan our meals for the wk usually and shop accordingly. Since i've been experiencing the nausea hardly anything is ever seeming good. Our appt is on the 19th and we are so excited! I can't wait for the 2nd tri so I can start feeling more like myself.

I usually do the grocery shopping on Fridays after work, but it has been hard lately since I never know when nausea will hit and it if hits during grocery shopping...oh nothing looks good. Thankfully I have a list so I can just grab the stuff and put it in the cart. I know later on down the line will probably change grocery shopping to Saturday mornings so that DH can help me the the dog food and other heavy items...but for now I can handle all of it.
  • Jillsie11
    Options
    Had my first appointment today- everything was normal, I'm right on schedule (11 weeks 3 days), and I got to see my lil' peanut! Feeling very relieved now. Only 1.5 weeks left in this group, then I'm moving on!! Can't wait to have some caffeine again...
  • iamvillanueva
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 6 weeks, 4 days along. I'm 34 yrs old and this is my fourth preganancy. I have an 8 yr old & 4 yr old daughters. One m/c about 10 yrs ago. I'm looking forward to the second trimester so I can stop worrying about m/c. I'm feeling tired and naseas just like everyone else. Looking forward to my first appt on 4/20. My EDD is 12/1/12.

Been on MFP for about 1 year and lost 15 lbs. So far I am continuing to count calories. I know myself and I'll lose control if I don't count em! So far I've only missed one regular workout, but I am definitely not at the usual energy level.

Good luck to everyone on here!
  • EricaG86
    EricaG86 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm 7 weeks pg. I have a question. I have completely lost my libido. Everyone tells me that during your first trimester ,you want it all the time and actually have an increase in libido. For me, I have no desire what so ever, on top of feeling bloated, constipation and tiredness...Does anyone else feel like this and does it go away?
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome iamvillanueva!

@Erica-I didn't have a huge libido to start with, but it has decreased since being pregnant, and from what I've seen, that is more the norm, in the first trimester anyway. I think it's just because of how we feel, hopefully it comes back soon!

@Jillsi-that's awesome everything went well. I'll be about 11 weeks also at my first appointment!
  • bluegirl10
    Options
    Jillsie - Glad to hear your appointment went well! :)

Iamvillanueva - welcome and congrats!

Erica - My libido has decreased too, but I think it goes along with being tired, bloated, nausea (for me), etc... Hopefully once the second trimester rolls around it will go back to normal. :)
  • EricaG86
    EricaG86 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the replies lady..makes me feel a lil better knowing im not the only one feeling like this =)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

I'm 11 weeks 4 days. I'm in the same boat as you for a lot of things. I have no energy and a bunch of food aversions. My main aversion is chicken. I can't be around it, can't smell it and can hardly even think about it without gagging. Huge problem- I would say I used to eat chicken at least 5 days a week. It's been such a challenge finding other foods to eat. My husband is the worst grocery shopper in America so I am still in charge of it. I can't plan ahead, I just go when I'm feeling up to it.

As for energy, this week I'm finally getting back into my regular routine. I feel so much better after working out but I'm just so damn tired. I have to make the choice- nap or workout. Napping has dominated the past month!

Good luck working out and figuring out what to eat.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Here's a not so fun story... I went to the OB last week (my second appointment) and while the Dr. couldn't find the heartbeat. He went through 3 machines! First machine switch, he didn't really say anything- just apologized for all of the static. Second machine, he just said the equipment wasn't working. *I am laying on the table thinking to myself- how many women does he say this to? Is he just making that up because there isn't a heartbeat?* Third machine, lots of static and a few tears later- I finally heard the beautiful sound of baby's fluttering heartbeat.

I asked the Dr. if that was normal becasue I didn't think I could handle that ever again. He just blamed it on the machines... This visit making me consider finding a new OB.

Erica- my libido is non-existent. I've been with DH husband a few times but mainly becasue I felt bad he wasn't getting any. I've heard it comes back though- fingers crossed!