3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Whoa, I really fell behind!  Going to try and catch up

Kelley-  good for you holding strong on your sex surprise. Couldn't do it. I like Jonathan, what's your girl name? My LO has gone crazy recently as well, wonder what that's about. Glad you are sleeping better though. Work won't replace the laptop?

Christina - the posterior cervix makes it harder to reach but shouldn't affect labor. Glad to hear Max is better

Yahyamommy - babycenter.com has great educational resources. Sorry to hear about the placenta previa, I'm sure the c section will be fine though

Helen - glad the iron is helping! I am keeping my baby in a cosleeper bassinet for the first 3-4 months because it has been shown to reduce SIDS. After that he is out! Sounds like you are doing great getting prepared!

Melissa - your 4d photo is gorgeous!  Great job on the swimming!

Destiny - sorry to hear about your DH being less than helpful, can you be more directive with him? Hopefully hung work out with the family too, I'm sure twill swoop back in to help at the last minute. Too bd your mom couldn't just get Olivia to bed on her own

Jalyn - I feel you on the fatigue, it's kicking in for me too. At least you're getting stuff done!  Btw I am also afraid when DH is gone, I triple check he locks and lock the bedroom door! Oh and you hold definitely have. Hospital BB ready by now. your symptoms could be pre labor, see if you can time the cramps or just go in if you're not sure. It's been days I guess so hopefully things are better!

Xosugar - welcome! Time flies for sure. Enjoy Hawaii

Myiceisonfire - yay on not needing a c section! Bring back some nutritionist tips, too! Also don't forget exercise is supposed to ward off pre-ecclampsia. Sorry to hear bout your hip, amazing how these little guys can hurt us!

Brunette wife - glad to hear things are well and you are getting to see DH. Sorry to hear about your dad, most cases do well however 

Sas - so sorry to hear bout hubby right after you moved! Will be thinking good thoughts for him!

Dragon - glad to hear your glucose tests were fine, congrats on being nice and tall, I'm built more like a midget than amazon

Emily - you are  awesome getting prepared. I hope your LO turns although it's a bit late for that. I heard version is painful and rarely successful....
    I tried to do the survey but it says it's closed?

Mrsjax - glad to hear you are doing well and staying active! Your appetite will likely suffer till the baby drops, just focus on small frequent meals.  I believe there is a separate fit mama group we move to. 

Mrslouisiana - welcome! Pregnancy can definitely be challenging and its getting a little hard these last few weeks but I'm not quite prepared so I'll let him bake! Hang in there!

AFM
    I had a great time in San Diego, my mom's retirement was awesome, we got a lot of stuff at our coed shower and drove back with an SUV full of stuff! Including hundreds of diapers and months of clothes! Now we just need a car seat and some odds and ends like changing pads. On the bad side I definitely ate some naughty things and developed hip pain and leg swelling during the car ride, even though hubby drove the whole way so I could relax! He has been super sweet to me and spoiling me, which is great cause I am starting to get tired, emotional, and demanding! :laugh:

LO is doing well, he's actually been hurting me today he's been so squirmy and wild. I got a good videotape of the alien in my tummy though. My pelvis has been really achy and it seems like he dropped, maybe they will check me at my OB appointment tomorrow. Seems like I gained 2lbs over the weekend (although I did work out daily, which I'm proud of), been trying to drink water and see if it disappears. According to my pregnancy newsletter I should be about done gaining weight, but I'm not sure cause my appetitie is up with the baby being down, my feet are more swollen today so I'm retaining, and it's getting harder to exercise!
    Behind on packing for the move on Monday but I'm off tomorrow and my mom is coming up this weekend to pack while I'm at work so hopefully all will be well.

Melissa
    36wk 5d,+25ish
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sarah – Fingers crossed for hubby, hope the next interview goes well and he gets the job. Cute pic of little Miss. Ava as well!

Myice - Yeah, I’m getting pretty tired, but mainly because I’m not sleeping for long anymore! It takes me so long to get moving in the morning!

Melissa P. – Sounds like you had a productive weekend working in the nursery! Glad the ultrasound went well and you were able to get some good shots and share the experience with your parents! Great pic of the little one by the way!

Christina - So glad to hear that Max is feeling better, they’re so pitiful when they’re sick aren’t they?

Destiny – I’ve been looking at making my own Tucks/witch hazel pads this time, although I’ll probably just go out and buy a pack to begin with, and make more myself if necessary! Which movie did you guys go to see? We haven’t seen anything other than kid movies since DS was born! We really must get out more! Lol! So sorry you weren’t to sleep in because Olivia woke up in the middle of the night! Yikes! I’m so lucky in that my son loves to sleep, I often have to wake him in the morning. I imagine this next one will probably be the complete opposite though! Have you decided if you’re going to take your mom up on the offer of the baby free weekend?

Becca – Good to hear from you! Hope you had a great vacation at the beach! Sorry to hear about the termite situation, I hope it’s not too bad. Sorry to hear about all the pain you’ve been having, it will all be worth it in the end though!

Helen – Hope your back is feeling better and that the weather stays nice that you have a great week off next week! Do you have much planned?

Kelley – I thought you may have had the little one! I hope your sleep improves. I had one good night where I got about 7 ½ hours, but now I’m back to 6ish! Sounds like you’re doing well getting prepared though. Let us know how your appointment goes today and if there’s any progress!

Miss. Louisiana – I’m not ready for little one to be here yet because I still have so much to do! This weekend I’ll hopefully be getting baby stuff out and washing and cleaning. Once that’s done, he can come whenever he would like! Lol!

Bru – I hope that your dad is ok? Keep us updated. If you end up going out of town have a safe trip, and have a great time with hubby.

Melissa - So glad to hear you had a great time in San Diego and got some good stuff! Sorry to hear about the hip pain and swelling, hope it’s subsided. Yuck, I hate packing! Lol! I hope your mom is able to get a ton done while you are at work! Thank you so much for going to take the survey, I forgot to post on here though that I got enough replies so had to close it! I really appreciate you trying to take it though!

AFM - Just a quick check in………………………….baby is head down! Yay! He must have known to turn right before my appointment, because as of Monday when I went to bed I’m pretty sure he was still breech! I did try doing some inversions off the couch on Monday, so maybe that helped?! Probably not, but he’s turned and I’m so relieved! The little monkey better not even think about flipping around again, although I’m pretty sure there’s not enough room in there anymore for him to do so! Definitely feeling those feet in my ribs now though!

Hope you ladies have a fabulous weekend!
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    eejieweejie - is your survey ready? I couldn't get on it, said it was closed this morning.
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    eejieweejie - is your survey ready? I couldn't get on it, said it was closed this morning.

Melissa, I'm so sorry! I forgot to say that I already have enough replies, so I had to close it! Thank you so much for going to take it though, I appreciate it!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies... just had my Dr. Appt (thank God my Dr. was back from vacation) 80-90% effaced, soft and low and almost 2cm... 8 more days and counting. Really hoping I don't go overdo... definately need some time off work here soon!

Christina
    39 weeks tomorrow
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Well I had my glucose test this morning, it wasn’t as bad as I thought really. The baby’s heartbeat is strong and so are her kicks!! The doctor placed the instrument on my stomach to listen to her heartbeat and she kicked the doctor’s hand so hard she almost dropped the equipment lol We were both cracking up, she said “Man she’s strong for 28 weeks!” and she definitely is.

Other than that she said that my weight gain was “on track and nothing to worry about”, I’m 28 weeks and up 21 pounds so far. I’ve been SUPER tired and exhausted lately but otherwise I feel great.

I leave for Hawaii this weekend (13 hour plane ride from Maryland) so I got a doctor’s note to “ok” me to fly today as well.

Anyways, hope everyone is having a great day!

**Stell- That's SOOO exciting!!!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Found temporary fix to the laptop keyboard trouble...wireless keyboard.

Emily - Yeah Baby has turned...awesome...now you just have to get the last min things done and then he can push his way into the world...:)

Melissa - no work won't replace the keyboard...it was a personal laptop I used for work purposes...since I work part-time and it's a small company the assistance given for things are really limited. Like I get maternity leave but no pay...but that's fine because I decide my schedule and can work from home. Glad you had a blast in San Diego, and got tons for stuff...
    Sorry to hear abou the swelling and discomfort but only 3 more weeks...so hang in there. Great that hubby is spoiling you...soak it up. Good luck on the move on Monday...

Bru - sorry to hear about your dad...praying he does better this time and that you are able to go visit your hubby this weekend.

Misslou - welcome...I am at the stage where I want the baby out but also ok with it in because I have some stuff I still need to get done..like packing my hospital bag...I will do that this weekend.

Helen - hows your back? Only one day until you get the week off...do you have any plans for the week off?

Destiny - really hope you work things out with Olivia...I hope you are able to get a baby free weekend...but I know that might be tough if she's not sleeping well lately.

Christina - yeah on your progress...hope u take a day off of work just to have some you time before #2 arrives.

XOsugar - have a great time in Hawaii...I am so jealous...but I am sure you will have a blast...enjoy. Glad baby is doing well...I didn't know you lived in MD...what part?

AFM -
    I had my doctor's appt this afternoon and doc said I am still only like 1cm but my cervix is definitely soft...So not much news...the the babies HR was still good but sounded far away for some reason and the nurse said my blood pressure was a little high for me but that it's nothing to worry since it's been warmer lately...so I am going to watch my salt intake and definitely get in tons of water...Good news is the weight gain has stopped...thank God...So now we are just playing the waiting game.
    I think next week I will get a pedicure and catch a movie before the baby actually gets here...so we will see. Lately all I have wanted to do is sleep when the nanny gets here or go run errands so I don't have to do them witha toddler in tow. Other wise things have been ok. I took little one to youth garden in DC today and it was great except towards the end I fell on my butt with my son in my arms...luckily I landed on my butt...and my doc appt was after that so everything seems fine but my butt and my pelvic area defintely feel sore from the pressure from the baby and the fall.

In other news...has anyone past 38 weeks been told not to drive too much? Or Melissa (cutemd) is there something that says a woman past a certain point in pregancy shouldn't be driving?

alright ladies...hope everyone else is well...will check back in later...

Kelley
    39 weeks.
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies,
    Sorry I haven't been on since I last posted. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and he said that my cervix has now moved to an anterior position and I'm dialated to a 1, which is really small, but it's a start. I'll take it! :tongue: My cramps are indeed contractions but they're not consistent enough to be active labor. They're just getting my body ready for the big show, I guess. I suppose that I'll be going slow for awhile-maybe weeks- before anything major happens. I've decided though, when DH get's home on Saturday, it's ON! I'm going to do all the approved things to get my body to speed the process up. Walking, sex, nipple stimulation...are there more?

TMI warning: I noticed on Monday when I got out of the shower that I have varicose veins on my labia. It looked like bug bites in the mirror and I can't SEE past my belly, so I had to get the little mirror out. The doctor said they'll go away after birth, but that I'll get them again in other pregnancies, probably sooner and more painful. Great. :grumble: Anyone else have experience with these? So far I've had some minor pain with them, but nothing too serious. They just look nasty. If you've had them before, how long does it take for them to go away?

in other news: I packed my hospital bag, but I wasn't sure what all to put in it. I've got a sports bra, a nursing bra, a night gown, socks, underwear, bathroom stuff and a "bring baby home" outfit. Other than that, I don't know what else I *need*. The hospital will have diapers and things for me to use for the baby, so I'm not bringing any baby supplies. Or should I?

Well, I've got to get ready for bed. I have volleyball practice tomorrow morning. I'll respond to everyone tomorrow.

Have a good night!
    Jalyn
    37w1d
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Emily & Kelley - My backs fine thats - I had forgotten about it! (I have baby brain!) lol. I Must have just sat or slept funny but its sorted itself out. No not much planned for week off. I want to sort the kitchen and utility room - clean, tidy etc and maybe do a little baking. Im going to visit some friends from Uni tomorrow so it will be a nice girlie catch up - its just a day trip (takes about 2 hours to get there) but Im only driving half way and meeting friend who will drive the rest. I have also promised to pick my neice up from school (she is only 3) and take her to ride her pony (which lives at my mums).

Emily - Glad baby is head down. I was told the same at my last appointment but she will keep checking each time I see her as I think plenty of time to move yet (for me anyways).

Stell - Sounds like baby getting ready. Do you feel well?

Sugarbabie - Glad your little girl doing well and sound very strong. Ive never had really stong kicks - more like a rolling feeling or a wave across my belly - I think It could be a lazy boy! lol (I really have no idea mind). Sounds like your weigh gain is balancing out. I was up about 20lb at 20 weeks but now Im 31 weeks Im up 25lb so it seems to be balancing out now for me too.

Kelley - glad you have a temp solution for your laptop. I think we need a new one but as its still working - its not something we really need at the mo. All sounds good with the baby - does it feel different to you son? Hope you are still feeling ok after your fall - sounds like all is ok and was lucky you had an appointment afterwards for a double check.

Jalyner - Glad baby hanging on in until hubby is home - then yes defo try everything. I havent suffersed the Varicose veins (yet) but was reading about them yest (never heard of them in that area until I read about them yest), my book said they are very common - along with piles (which I think I have a mild case of). Everything I have read says they should go within a few weeks of giving birth as you wont be pumping as much blood around then.

Re hospital bag - We have to take nappies and cotton wool, but if your hospital provides them I dont think you need to.
    For you (i was thinking as extras): hair bobble and clips, lipbalm, cartons of drinks with straws or just straws to make drinking easier from cup, book, magazine (for you and hubby), your own pillow (if its a comfy one you like), camera, phone charger, money/change for buying drinks/parking. errrm not sure what else....your medical notes?

AFM: We went to the first antinatal class last night which was on stages of birth. It was ok but I didnt really learn anything I didnt know. I will continue to go each week (4 weeks in total) as Im scared I will miss something. Week 5 is the hospital tour. I also will have an active birth class and breast feeding class (which are morning classes).

What will your baby's sleep in at first? as in blanets or clothes? I have bought a swaddle blanket (a summer one), and will get a few normal blankets , and a sleeping bag but just wasnt sure what was best.

Off to make a cup of tea and have a jammy dodger as Im getting hungry (already had big bowl of cornflakes with pineapple, glass fresh orange juice and a banana and its only 10.30am).

Helen
    31 + 3
    Up 25lb
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could keep up better with you ladies! Quick update on my dad. It's diverticulitus again, but not as bad as the first time, no need for surgery. The meds have helped greatly. They are trying to get his white blood cell count down a little more and he should be released tomorrow. I did make it to Indiana yesterday, 5hr trip and only had to potty break once, which must be a record for me, cause at home... lol, anyway, I've never been to Chicago and DH is taking me tomorrow. I feel like a giddy school girl. I can't wait! I'm coming home sometime Monday, but I'm really dreading the ride home.

Just finished book 2 of 50 Shades this morning...wow is all I can say! Diving into book 3 while Nick is still sleeping, darn night shift! Hopefully he'll be up within the next hour so we can eat, he definitely lives like a bachelor with the lack of food in here, and since I don't know my way around town, I'm better off waiting a little more. Enjoy the weekend all and one of these days, I'll catch up with everyone!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Another quick update, my dad is home from the hospital :)
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Bru - So glad your dad is home and that you are enjoying your weekend with the hubby and in Chicago...great city...lots to see and nice to be near the lake.
    What's 50 Shades about? How many books in the series? I am always looking for good books to add to my never ending reading list.

Helen - glad you are feeling all better. I will probably have my little one in a onsie and swaddles in a blanket the first month...I also have a swaddle blanket wrap that is nice and light that I may use and I have a few breathable 100 cotton blankets that I will definitely swaddle the little bundle in. I found swaddling really helped my son so as long as this baby doesn't run hot we will try it again.

AFM - Quiet weekend at home. We went to church yesterday and then came home and hung around the house and took naps. For Father's day I offered to take hubby out for brunch or cook brunch after a short visit to the farmers market...he seemed nonchalant about both so we went to Wegmans brought some groceries and he cooked me brunch...lol. I did make him dinner though...otherwise we hung around the house and did a few baby prep things and then nothing... really relaxed weekend...it was nice.

This week not much planned Hubby has a big upgrade to do for his client starting Monday so he will be working from home which is nice but also a bit annoying...so we will see how that works...otherwise...just going to take it easy and see if I can't get the cars cleaned and get a pedicure in.

In other news...I finally packed a bag for big brother and my hospital bag...which isn't complete it needs hygiene items but at least I started...yeah

Kelley
    39 weeks
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is doing well. I'm just poping in to share my birth story. I must say it was more intense then I could have ever remotely imagined but the reward at the end is so worth it....baby number 2 just might be a little further away then my pre-delivery planning had it haha.

Evelyn Mya's birth story.

On June 5th my hubby was sick with flu like symptoms all day so we were having a lazy day at home. I noticed on 3 separate occasions that my pyjama pants(since I didn't get dressed all day) were wet. Not huge gushes or anything just a spot about the size of a mandarin orange. So I decided I best go get checked for a membrane leak. Hubby tried to get ready to come down to the hospital with me but just got more and more pale so I convinced him to stay at home and I would call him if it was actually something. (We only live 3 minutes from the hospital so he could be there quickly if needed.) I went in and they did a nitrite swab which came back negative. So they did a fetal tracing for about 20 minutes and sent me home.

June 6th I woke up with a killer back ache, which wasn't uncommon the last few days but regularly it goes away quickly with my heat pad or getting up and moving and it just wasn't. So I began experiencing the cramping across my back wrapping into the lower part of my abdomen. So I went for a nap at 1130. My Dr. personally called me at 1240 to just check up on me. He asked if I was still leaking fluid, I said yes so he decided he wanted to check me himself and asked me to come down to the clinic.

At the clinic my Dr did a speculum swab which came back positive on part of my cervix so he decided to set up an induction for that night. His plan was for me to come in at 2130 for Cervidil and then see if that worked followed by Pitocin in the morning. He stripped my membranes(at 1330) and sent me on my way.

By 1400 I was contracting every 3-5 minutes with no contraction less then 45 seconds. So I was labouring at home until 1830. My contractions were 3 minutes apart and lasting up to 2 minutes so we decided we should probably go into the hospital. I got to the hospital at 2cm's and the nurse said she could stretch me to 3 if she tried but the nurse was concerned that my contractions were so close together so they just admitted me.

I had a shot of Fentanyl(Narcotic) and Gravol(an anti nausea.) which totally knocked me on my butt. I was ridiculously dizzy so had to labour in bed for a while. Once it wore off I was able to get up into the shower, bounce on the ball, walk, sway etc.

2200- They checked me again and I was only at 4cm's. Got in the shower again. Contractions were basically on top of each other with maybe 20 seconds in between. Shift change happened at 2330. I ended up with a nurse who was not too interested in being in the labour room at all. I became extremely nauseated so my husband went and asked for some more Gravol/ Fentanyl. The nurse rolled her eyes at him and said she would go see what she could do. She finally came back 45 minutes later and said she needed to check me again before giving me anything. It was after 0100 before she finally got ready to check me and I started projectile vomiting. Unfortunately poor hubby ended up getting most of it on him.

0130- She checked me and I was still only at 4 cm's. That absolutely devastated me. My membranes then ruptured and unfortunately there was meconium in my amniotic fluid. They tried the laughing gas which did nothing. And decided start the Pitocin drip to get the cervix dilating. I was already getting no break between contractions and the Pitocin just made it 10 times worse. Evie was stuck on my tailbone and just not coming down so the back labour was insane.

They started a Fentanyl drip in an attempt to get me to be able to focus on anything. At this point the narcotics were doing absolutely nothing. I was totally out of it and unaware of my surroundings I have never imagined the pain to be that intense. I think if it was just the contractions I would have been OK but I wasn't even getting 3 seconds between contractions. So I had 2 hours of continuous contractions. The Doctor came in and checked me and I was now at 8cm.

0350- It was sooooo hard not to bear down but that's what my body wanted to do. I worked the best I could to pant through the contractions. 30 minutes later I was 10cm.
    I pushed for less then 30 minutes and at 0447 Baby Evie was born. She came out with her hand up by her face weighing 6lbs 13 oz. I ended up with a 3rd degree tear which resulted in too many stitches to count according to the doctor. I then hemorrhaged and my blood pressure dropped down to 80/60 but after receiving a bunch of IV fluids things stabilized.

Breast feeding is still very painful and a bit of a challenge but getting better. We are all happy and healthy at home now. We fall further in love with little Evie everyday!

Amanda
  • dragonairis
    dragonairis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bru - glad to hear you dad is home. Especially for Father's Day!

Kelly - 2 things on the to do list sounds doable! Mine keeps piling up but I have no motivation yet to get it done.

Amanda - Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is happy and healthy now!

AFM - I'm only 34w but I'm pretty sure contractions are kicking in. I wasn't sure if my back was just alternating hurting with my stomach muscles, but it seems to start in my back and then when the back stops hurting the front either hurts or gets tight (though the tightness is much less noticeable than the hurting bits). Haven't had a dr's appt in a while, really wish they could get me in sooner. Can anyone tell me if that sounds like contractions? It's definitely getting me to cross one thing off my to do list - pack my bag! We haven't had the baby shower yet and I don't feel ready, and baby shouldn't be ready(!).... le sigh.
  • dragonairis
    dragonairis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ...... Errr nevermind, whatever it was stopped after a few hours. I feel pretty silly.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I made it home this afternoon. Not sure what's worse, seeing Nick pull out of the driveway, or driving away from his. As for the book, there are 3 of them Fifty Shades of Gray, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed. Basically it's 'Mommy Porn' as many of my girlfriends have labeled it. It's either a love it or hate it type.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Amanda- Congrats! Evelyn is a cutie. Glad you're both home and doing better. I had a couple shots of the Fentanyl when I was in labor with Olivia and I didn't feel much relief but it definitely messed with her. She turned and gave me terrible back labor!

Melissa- Glad you had a great weekend with your family, even though I'm late on that! LOL! Hope the move is going good and stress free!

Emily- Hubby and I saw Snow White and the Huntsman. It was pretty good. Action-y enough for him, and girly enough for me :wink: I'd love to hear how you make your own Tucks wipes. So glad the baby turned for you!

Kelley- So sorry about the fall! How are you feeling now? Any more progress with baby? Hope you got your pedicure and movie in this weekend!

AFM- Sorry I can't keep up better. Like some of you ladies I'm just exhausted lately. We got new carpet in the baby's room today. Hubby was off today and tomorrow so hopefully we can put together the armoire we ordered a few weeks ago, and get the room somewhat ready for her. I've been going crazy organizing Olivia's room, and doing random things around the house (like making homemade dishwasher detergent). And my mom stopped by the other day and informed me I was nesting. LOL! That thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I think I've decided to pass on the baby free weekend. Just not enough time. Hubby goes back to work on Wed and will be working every day until the following Wed. Then he'll have his 6 days off, but those will be his last days off until *hopefully* baby shows up and so we'll have a lot to do. And we really need to get the house cleaned before my Grandma shows up, otherwise that 82 yr old woman will bend over backwards to make it clean! LOL! Is anyone else having issues with their stomach muscles? Lately I've been feeling like baby is tearing those muscles apart from the inside. Owie! Luckily its not all the time, but its pretty frequent. I don't remember that issue with Olivia.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week!

Destiny
    34w5d +26lbs
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Congrats Amanda! :))))
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update:

Had my ob appt yesterday... my weight has shot up about 10lbs every time between the last 3 appts from retaining water. Now my bp is creeping up. It looks like the beginning of going into pre-eclampsia just like the last pregnancy. At least this time it's starting off farther in the pregnancy, so I might even make it to the end, but you just never know. "Pre-e is so unpredictable. They don't even know what causes it, so it can't be prevented. If you get it the 1st pregnancy chances are high that you'll get it in the 2nd. There's nothing that you can do or cannot do to cause or not cause pre-e. It's just one of those weird things that happens and has something to do with hormones and the placenta. It it not your fault." That's what the dr said to me.... Yesterday someone scolded me on mfp pretty much said it's all my fault because I didn't try my best not to get it. I was in tears as my husband just held me and told me that I know it's not my fault, it's nobody's fault. I felt bad enough already, I didn't need that ontop of it. Anyway, at this point it's just a waiting game. The dr said my bp could shoot up into a high range that would put me on bedrest in just a few hours, or in a few weeks. We wont know until it happens. So right now my job is to live my life like I would otherwise and just check my bp every few days to see where it's at. Once it hits 140/90 that's when i go on bedrest until the end of my pregnancy (whether it be 40wks or the an early emergency c-section.) Dr said as long as I make it to 34weeks I will be fine and so will baby. =) That's 2 weeks later than I had my son, so I'm happy with that.

Edit: Also, I promised my 2yr old we'd take him to the zoo this summer. It'd be his first time. So I guess we need to do that this weekend now incase something happens fast =P
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Sounds like you all have been busy!

Amanda - congrats on litlte Evie she is adorable. Your story was a wow thanks for sharing but I am so glad it all turned out well and you and baby are fine and home.

Myiceisonfire - sorry about the pre-e like symptoms ( sp) and that someone on Mfp was so insensitive. I had a friend who got pre-e with her first and it was a hard thing. It really isn't your fault please just take it easy and try as much as possible to rest. I hope and pray you make it to a full 40 weeks.

Destiny - yeah it does sound like you are nesting...which is nice because you will get some things done that you may not otherwise. I hear on cleaning you house otherwise your grandma will do it...my grandma was like that before she had a stroke last year. My mom is like that and I told her she had to lay off a little. I hope you get the stuff on your list done.

Bru - Never heard of the books but I doesn't sound like my sort of thing.

Dragon - glad the pain went away...hope you get to the doctors soon.

Christina - how's it going? I know we are both due this week so let us know how it's going.

AFM:
    I didn't get in the movie or the pedicure...but I still have time for the pedi...the movie probably won't happen because it's not as important to me...but I did go get my sewing machine serviced and the guy showed me how to thred it so that was nice.
    I also got to meet a friend at Starbucks today which was nice because we got to catch up and I didn't have the toddler in tow...so it was fun. Otherwise didn't get much done today....tomorrow...the goal is to get at least one car an oil change and cleaned and then go on a mom meetup with the little one so he can play with some other kids... it's supposed to be a hot day though so we will probably be in once he wakes up from his nap. As for the baby, mild contractions here and there but nothing serious...I doubt I would be more than 2 cm at my appt. Oh well I am in no rush I have something to do this weekend so I am hoping the little one waits until Sunday...Not to mention I want my hubby's upgrade to go smoothly and it starts tomorrow...so we will see.

Hope you ladies are having a good night.

Will check back in tomorrow.