Options
    Cruising on my Trek 7.5 FX.

fs850xyfikqj.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dolcezza72 wrote: »
    I am just in AWE of anyone that knows how to put a picture in the threads. I am bowing down to you, I am so not worthy!
    Heather

Click this symbol 16251344203_e5381a889e_o.jpg when you're 'replying to a post' or 'creating a new thread'.

Then this opens up...

16664011097_ebc9b7de57_o.jpg

Then either click the 'choose file' button and select a photograph from your computer, or right click an image from the internet & 'copy image url' (in Chrome). There'll be something similar in IE & Firefox... Then paste the copied url into the 'image url' bar at the bottom of the box & hey presto ;)
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    or you can use [ img] followed by [ /img] with a hyperlink in between them.....just remove the space inside the brackets I put so that it would actually show up. quoting someone is QUO inside the brackets same way. ;P
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

fs850xyfikqj.jpg

Nice. I love my 7.5fx. I've kind of handed it down to my daughter now.
  • cloggsy71
    Options

fs850xyfikqj.jpg

You're looking a wee bit 'Fixie Hipster' in this pic :D
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »

fs850xyfikqj.jpg

No way. His jeans aren't skinny enough.

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options

fs850xyfikqj.jpg

No skinny jeans here. No way. Baggy shorts on the other hand...
  • RWAyers
    RWAyers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Randy954 - I love the picture. :smile:
    Thanks for your affirmation. You're my kind of person, who can value my sense of humor!
    Nice Trek, also.
  • RWAyers
    RWAyers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    rvoodoo wrote: »
    Here's my Roubaix. Got her exactly a year ago... she's seen 4000+ miles since then. I've lost nearly no weight so I'm doing something wrong!!

...snip...

Top and bottom of it is, It's impossible to out-train a bad diet. Eat Less, Eat Better, Log it and Stick to a plan. It'll happen.

Amen... to can't "out-train a bad diet". Careful on "eat less". Eating better IMHO, means give your body everything it needs nutritionally. To know that, I suggest get a segment body measurement (I use a Tanita scale). Know your muscle mass, for example. That will tell you how many grams of protein you must have daily. That way you'll know, weight loss, is not muscle loss.
  • cloggsy71
    Options

fs850xyfikqj.jpg

No skinny jeans here. No way.

It was more the hat (under your helmet) & the shades ;)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Randy954 wrote: »
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    rvoodoo wrote: »
    Here's my Roubaix. Got her exactly a year ago... she's seen 4000+ miles since then. I've lost nearly no weight so I'm doing something wrong!!

...snip...

Top and bottom of it is, It's impossible to out-train a bad diet. Eat Less, Eat Better, Log it and Stick to a plan. It'll happen.

Amen... to can't "out-train a bad diet". Careful on "eat less". Eating better IMHO, means give your body everything it needs nutritionally. To know that, I suggest get a segment body measurement (I use a Tanita scale). Know your muscle mass, for example. That will tell you how many grams of protein you must have daily. That way you'll know, weight loss, is not muscle loss.

Well - as someone who gets a bi-annual Dexa scan (full body composition scan) because of a family history of osteoporosis and a couple of rather nasty broken bone incidents of my own, I'm pretty well aware of my ACCURATE body fat composition...

Around 2 years ago, I weighed in at 105kg's with a measured body fat % of 11.4% (combined visceral and subcutaneous). That meant at that point I was running at 93.03kg lean mass... At this point i'd dropped from being 180.5kg's 18 months prior, and my doctor advised me to actually stop attempting to lose weight, but to concentrate on maintaining my current "dimensions" (waist/chest/hip measurments) and start training properly for fitness strength and endurance on the bike instead - in effect to "stop working on the bodywork, and tune the engine instead". Main reason was to actually give my body time for the skin to "rebound" and hopefully become a little less saggy and baggy.

Unfortunately a combination of serious upheavals to my personal circumstances and home life, and a recent enforced 4 month no-exercise on medical grounds hiatus has resulted in my gaining a bit of weight again... Most recent scan came in recently at 123.8kg and 19.6% Body fat (lean mass being 99.53kg) - so I've gained 18.8kg (not good) of which 6.5kg has been additional muscle - mainly added in the first year after the "try and maintain size" - as borne out by my increased FTP figures over that period.

Hopefully, when I'm actually fit again, and allowed back in training, I'm now back on the lose weight AND increase fitness track - the idea is to attempt to "train down" to what is basically an optimal figure of 88kg and still have a healthy level of body fat. To do this I'd need to lose muscle mass... but the idea is that toned muscle is easier to sculpt and work with. It SHOULD be attainable, as when I was racing in my twenties, I weighed 82-84kgs with around 7% body fat. The Additional Muscle mass was something that was actually gained in the process of carrying around anything up to an additional 95kgs of weight over the years...

Oh, and if anyones wondering about the "optimal" figure, it's something that is a "strong suggestion" from the orthopaedic surgeons that reconstructed my pelvis, thigh and knee in the past - to try and keep the overall load bearing down and avoid the eventual replacement hip joint for as long as possible... It's not just a figure I've plucked out of the air willy-nilly.

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options

fs850xyfikqj.jpg

No skinny jeans here. No way.

It was more the hat (under your helmet) & the shades ;)

Style for MILES. :p
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    A pic of our daVinci Tandem. Can't wait to get it back out again this spring.
    rf30egct92hm.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    lpherman01 wrote: »
    rf30egct92hm.jpg

Tandems are a nice idea, but I've never found anyone mental enough to want to ride as stoker behind me... and there's not a soul on earth that I'd trust to pilot for me.

• lpherman01
    Options
    It lets me ride hard with my wife without dropping her :smile:

I did ride as a stoker with a friend once. He was/is the strongest rider in our club and it certainly was interesting. Dropped the AX riders on the flats with ease.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    rf30egct92hm.jpg
    My parents just got a beautiful davinci. Great bikes.

• TheBigYin
    Options
    It lets me ride hard with my wife without dropping her :smile:

I did ride as a stoker with a friend once. He was/is the strongest rider in our club and it certainly was interesting. Dropped the AX riders on the flats with ease.

I remember doing 2 club 10 mile TT's on a tandem way, way back in the day... the Tandem we used was actually a fixed gear track tandem that i'd put a "flip flop" hub and freewheel in, so we could freewheel, but it was basically just a 55-15 singlespeed... Rim brakes only and it was bloody terrifying - fortunately the course was a "dual carriageway" dragstrip out-and-back with the turn in the road being a roundabout rather than a dead stop. They set us off 3 minutes after the "scratch man" on the solo's and I think we passed just about everyone the first week. The second week we stacked it on the turn-around and limped in about 4 minutes slower than the first attempt.

We did actually ride it a third time - in the club's boxing day morning 5mile TT - which is traditionally done "hung over, while wearing fancy dress" - I dread to think what any cars who saw us that morning thought when they saw a pantomime horse on a tandem...

• lpherman01
    Options
    The things we did in our youth. :D
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    0w9eyivii559.jpg

My Warbird fully loaded and ready for bikepacking adventures! First trip will be the Mickelson trail in South Dakota.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    0w9eyivii559.jpg

My Warbird fully loaded and ready for bikepacking adventures! First trip will be the Mickelson trail in South Dakota.
    Nice!

16742730257_b79a2eb176_m.jpg
    It's only a loaner but been having fun on it for a couple of days. As much fun as it is, I'd rather get a dedicated MTB, then a road/cross/touring bike then a fat bike, then a... Just don't feel like I have enough honest use of it here whereas I would out of the others. But it has me thinking that 29+ could be pretty awesome here.