How long have you been single?

Options
I'm 22 years young & I love being single! I've been single since the end of 2008 and although at first I wondered what was wrong with me and if I would ever meet someone, I now know that I'm single for a reason and that reason is because I'm growing up. I'm doing what I want, learning from my mistakes, and creating the kind of person that I want to be. I have time to date around, I have no one checking my phone and I have the space to do what I need to do to become the person I want to be. I feel that after my first relationship, if I got into another one, I would be influenced too much by that new person. Now, there's nothing wrong with being in a relationship, if its a good one. Too many of my friends just complain and whine about their boyfriends..... Is this a sign? Is it worth it? I want to move to LA in December for college and I don't want my dreams to be stalled by a boy that is not the right one.

What do you think?

Replies

• BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've been single for about 3 years now and it's awesome. I'm so busy! I'm graduating college, I want to go to medical school, and I am going half way across the country to do medical research before that. I don't want to be tied to anything.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've been single for about 3 years now and it's awesome. I'm so busy! I'm graduating college, I want to go to medical school, and I am going half way across the country to do medical research before that. I don't want to be tied to anything.

Well that's awesome! I want to move around for school too! I want to experience life to the fullest!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    All my life... :sigh:
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Virtually all my life, as well. There was a 3 month stint when I was 18 with a 33 year old. Not much of a relationship..
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    saruman, that's hard to believe, you're a cutie!

i've been single about 4 months only. haha

my marriage ended a long time ago though but he physically finally for the last time moved out 4 months ago. hence why i'm not looking for anything serious at the moment. i just want to enjoy being single. i have never been single for a long period of time. it's new and scary but i'm determined to do it to get to know me a little better. :smile:
  • nicolebunny55
    Options
    I have been single for about the past 2 years. Sometimes it does suck, but then I hear about all the problems and issues that others go through and I say thats ok. Im in school finishing my degree in education, so I keep busy with all that work. I would rather wait on the right person than settle for someone that gives me headaches all the time.
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Seems like for ever. I was married for 11 years and divorced in 1995.:brokenheart: Later had a realtionship for a few years but being a single mom it is hard to expect somone will take on someone elses kids. :brokenheart:

For 10 years now :ohwell: I have been single. Raised my kids and now looking to really date again. :wink:
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I have always been single. Weird, right? I bought into the idea for a really long time that it was because there was something wrong with me. Now I'm realizing it's because I was probably trying too hard. So now, I'm just relaxing and enjoying life and if something happens, it happens. I'm over the idea that there is one perfect person out there for each of us.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    For 6 months now. I only had one bf ever and for majority of the time in a relationship I felt like I wasn't really in one.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, 2 1/2 years since I have had a significant relationship. I have had a few 3-4 month relationships but I am not counting those. Being single is still new for me. I was in a relationship from 16-21 and then with my son's father from 21-29.

I miss being in a relationship but I am also relishing being alone. Well, as alone as you can be with a two year old. haha
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I was married for 8 yrs ended mutually just out grew each other. Since that point I have been single about 10yrs that means to me no relationship where they meet my kid, friends or family members. I date people a lot and have an active dating life just nothing to considered as substance.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Seems like for ever. I was married for 11 years and divorced in 1995.:brokenheart: Later had a realtionship for a few years but being a single mom it is hard to expect somone will take on someone elses kids. :brokenheart:

For 10 years now :ohwell: I have been single. Raised my kids and now looking to really date again. :wink:

Very similar for me. Divorced for 10 years, had 2 relationships, single for the last 6. Trying to date but not having much success.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    saruman, that's hard to believe, you're a cutie!

I thought the same thing!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    My whole life!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I've been single 10 months now. But I have basically been in a major relationship my whole adult life. My sister once reffered to me as a serial monogomist I've only had to relationships and between them they lasted 11 years. I just recently started dating again and met soemone I like but we will see where it goes.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've been single for over two years now. Still trying to figure this whole dating thing out.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I've been single for way too long.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've been single for an entire year. I jumped from LTR to LTR to LTR for the five years previous to that. I really took this year to focus on myself and look at me! I've lost a lot of weight....and I don't have to share the blankets or tv remote.
    It was quite an adjustment at first, but now I love it....for now anyways!
  • Netzie
    Options
    I've been single for way too long.

Me too :sad: but my motivation is on the rise :love:
  • Netzie
    Options

Very similar for me. Divorced for 10 years, had 2 relationships, single for the last 6. Trying to date but not having much success.

Dating is hard :huh: