How long have you been single?

Options

Replies

• daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    ive been single since iv born trying to focus on climbing up the ladder before getting in a relationship
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Seems like for ever. I was married for 11 years and divorced in 1995.:brokenheart: Later had a realtionship for a few years but being a single mom it is hard to expect somone will take on someone elses kids. :brokenheart:

For 10 years now :ohwell: I have been single. Raised my kids and now looking to really date again. :wink:

Very similar for me. Divorced for 10 years, had 2 relationships, single for the last 6. Trying to date but not having much success.

Dating is hard :huh:

Very similar for me. Divorced for 12 years, had 2 relationships, single for the last 8. Trying to date but not having much success.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've been single for 3 years now. It bothers me sometimes cause most of my friends are coupled up but I'm still really enjoying being selfish at the moment. Would like to meet that special someone but the older I get the more picky I get!
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    Ive been single for 8 yrs. Started dating again just a few months ago. Now that my my kids are grown & on their own I have a little more time to focus on me! I would love to be in a LTR & eventually married again someday but for now Im having a good time & enjoying the attention... :-)
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Very similar for me. Divorced for 12 years, had 2 relationships, single for the last 8. Trying to date but not having much success.
    [/quote]

I've been on Match for 7 months and have met only 5 men. I only really liked one of them, and after 4 dates he didn't like me back enough lol.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been single 2 years. I've been on many first dates, and only one second date. And I've had two married guys seriously pursue me for elicit affairs. I'm enjoying being single and having my space - And all my bad dates has given me something to talk about!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    1 year and 1 month :( lol

sucks that pretty much everyone i know is in a relationship, but I dont mind it.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have been single for 5 years. At this point, I do not see myself connecting with someone on that level, but my 13 year old thinks I should start dating. I dont know, I like my freedom and not having to answer to anyone but me.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Too long.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    this thread is NOT helping me.. so i'm thinking.. okay, i'm going to focus on myself for about 5-6 months then voila.. at the end of that, i'll find me a man.

guess it's not that easy huh? :ohwell:
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    I've been single about 7years. Had one relationship in that time but nothing worth mentioning. Been on dates but noone interesting enough to go out with a second time.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    too long. :sad: I'm mostly too blame. shy :embarassed: , no confidence around women :frown:
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    3 years now (after a 15 yr marriage), just starting to think about dating again, it's scary!!:frown:
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Been Single for 2 weeks. Happier than I've been in 2 years.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Another one in the all my life club. :ohwell:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    "Technically" 4 months but for all intents and purposes probably close to a year and a half or so. Why is that, you ask? Well, for that past 1.5 years I was off and on with an ex-boyfriend but even during the on times I didn't really feel like I was a part of something. Both of us had changed a great deal since our earlier days (years prior) and it just wasn't working. October of 2011 we split for good and I couldn't believe how happy I was to put that chapter behind me.

At any rate, when I started here in March of 2011 I really didn't want to meet anyone, I was very devoted to myself and exercise and didn't want any distractions. This year I'm just as dedicated, and though I'm fine with being single, I am ready to get back in the dating game again. It would be lovely to have someone special in my life, better yet if he ran 5ks. :smile:
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    3 1/2 years since the ex-wife walked out. Meh, it happens. The one drawback is always being the 3rd/5th/whateveroddnumbered wheel that night for an event. I've recently deleted all my online dating profiles and decided I'm going to just focus on the things that make me happy and run with it. What I really need to find is a woman who is into the whole getting in shape thing. Not one of these resolutioners who will last till February if they're lucky. I'm sure we'll all find someone we deserve and need when we least expect it. At least that's what all the people who have someone say... *grumble*lyingbastards*grumble*
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    this thread is NOT helping me.. so i'm thinking.. okay, i'm going to focus on myself for about 5-6 months then voila.. at the end of that, i'll find me a man.

guess it's not that easy huh? :ohwell:

There just is a weird comfort in knowing you are not the only one. When a person believes it is only happening to them it ican be depressing and demotovating. :frown:

3 years ago I actually stopped worrying about dating and started focusing on me. I started the Photography program at the local community college. :bigsmile:

So now that I have worked on the inside I am read to work on the out side. :wink:
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I've technically been single for about 3 months now. However, the relationship was over long ago. These past 3 months I've been happier than I have been in the past 10 years! But the only drawback is living alone....and the lonliness. Other than that, life is perfect. :smile:
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been single for a year and four months, or somewhere in that range anyway. When I got accepted to grad school he made me choose between the program and him. I laughed, he was serious, so I ended it. I'm finally back to the I would like to date aspect I think.