First game that you finished?

Options
The very first game i remember beating was when i was 7 or 8, it was King's Field for PS1, such a crazy awesome game. Dem Polygons.
Then i graduated to Silent Hill 1 @ age 9. So terrifying :S

Replies

• zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    contra :) on the NES, not the arcade version.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    zelda the original on the nintendo with the giant square games tht slide into the front xD
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well the first one I remember completing was Streets Of Rage

it may have been and almost certain it was Alex Kidd on the Mastersystem
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Probably a spectrum game, which was quite a feat before pause and save games were in use!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Pitfall - Atari 2600 :)
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think the first non-educational game I finished was probably Mixed-Up Fairytales on our first computer.

However, the most memorable (as in, I was old enough to know we finished it) was the first Myst game, when the parents bought a brand, spankin' new Gateway with Windows '95. Myst came with the system! And thus an addiction to puzzle games was born...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    the original Super Mario Brothers lol. talk about old school:glasses:
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Duck Tales on NES...haha, I beat that game a ton of times, was one of my favorites as a kid.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Streets of Rage 2 I think, on the mega drive. Scary to think now that you can get games like that on your phone.
  • OllieGBR
    Options
    zelda the original on the nintendo with the giant square games tht slide into the front xD

I think this is the only game I've truely played until the end:-o
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    FFX. I had the NES and a GameBoy when I was young, but I would get frustrated and not finish the games (to this day I've still never beaten SMB), and my parents wouldn't let me get any new systems. When I met my now-husband, he was big into games, and when he got FFX I played through it and eventually beat it, playing when I'd visit him on the weekends. It took me a long time though.
  • MissJenova
    Options
    The first would probably be Super Mario Kart.
    I was the easiest game I owned at the time, and as I kid I didn't have the patience to beat anything overly difficult. I had so many games that I just replayed the beginning of over and over because I wanted to play but they were too hard hah
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Super Paper Mario! I remember being so eager to figure out all the extra stuff in it, that I couldn't help finishing it. That was around the time I started having to wear a watch while playing games, since hours would pass and I would forget to eat, sleep...
  • Grimlock69
    Options
    Sword of Vermilion for the Sega Genesis. It was the first role playing game I played.
  • Noravus
    Noravus Posts: 10
    Options
    It was either Kid Icarus or The Legend of Zelda on the NES.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Comix Zone for the Genesis.

I've beaten it so many times now that I consider it a good way to waste 30-60 minutes while waiting for something
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I can't remember which Mario I finished first but definitely Zelda : A Link to the Past is in the mix.
  • afss07
    afss07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Duke Nukem 3D. It was such a blast, me and my dad would play it switching off every time we died and had to reload. It made it that much more disappointing when Duke Nukem Forever was such a turd....
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Then i graduated to Silent Hill 1 @ age 9. So terrifying :S

hell at age 16 it was terrifying

but first game i finished would be either Super Mario 3 with my mom or Zelda 3 Link to the past (im sure there were others that i beat for NES or came close to but those are the first two that i remeber)
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Duck Tales on NES...haha, I beat that game a ton of times, was one of my favorites as a kid.

i forgot about that game i loved it too