Options

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Hmmm.. Super Mario World.. SNES...
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Lufia rise of the sinistrals. First game that made me cry too. That ending was too much for me at that young age, lol.

i love that game!!!! its my all time favorite and the ending is just so great. did you ever play the first one?
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Pokemon red
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    I think it would have to be a zx spectrum game.... but as we're going back almost 30 years (sigh, how to feel old!!), I really can't remember :-)

It definitely wasn't valhalla or the hobbit for the zx though, never finished either of those :bigsmile:
  • bcunning
    bcunning Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't even remember what it was called but it was some sort of airborne fighting game on the Atari 2600.

you were a helecopter on a side scroll right? i think i remeber playing that one way way way back in the day i cant remeber the name of it either

No but I do remember that one. This ones was planes and was almost all dogfighting. Had one player and 2 player mode, and the different maps were clear skies, one cloud, or two clouds. Clouds you could fly through fine, just couldn't see your plane when in them.

I suspect you are talking about a game called "Combat", was a fun one :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_(video_game)
  • Serenavictoria
    Serenavictoria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Reader Rabbit... Commador 64. Hahaha.

Followed by
    Eagles Nest and Castlevania on it. I never beat Guantlet... But my father and I would play for hours on it. I don't think there was an end to that game. Haha.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    The Bard's Tale (1985 Commodore 64)
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would say it was either Adventure,...

I forgot about Adventure. I might have actually finished that one. I LOVED that game. The duck-dragons are so awesome.

I just discovered an application called "Twisty" that lets you play the original Infocom adventures (among others). It comes with Adventure. I'm currently stood in front of a Well House, near a forest with a stream trickling by... and very little recollection as to how to play these games. :)

Its on my phone (Android) and is free.
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    King's Quest! My sisters and I were obsessed with the game.

My parents used to let us call the Sierra Hint Line when we would get stuck LOL
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I would say it was either Adventure,...

I forgot about Adventure. I might have actually finished that one. I LOVED that game. The duck-dragons are so awesome.

I just discovered an application called "Twisty" that lets you play the original Infocom adventures (among others). It comes with Adventure. I'm currently stood in front of a Well House, near a forest with a stream trickling by... and very little recollection as to how to play these games. :)

Its on my phone (Android) and is free.

This is the first time I've ever wanted a smartphone. I must have Adventure.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Pitfall - Atari 2600 :)

Now THAT'S dedication. I applaud you, sir!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The original Legend of Zelda. Before Al Gore invented the internet.
  • bert004
    Options
    Hmm, First I remember would be SMB:3
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The original Legend of Zelda. Before Al Gore invented the internet.

both quests?
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Contra for NES.
  • spazzticaunt
    Options
    Mine was the first Mario Bros game from Nintindo lol
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    so far back I can't remember I think it was that castle game from the commodore 64 where you where this little dot and you had to go get the key and run like hell from this seahorse looking thing and get to the castle

anyone remember that one?
  • TriforceOfWisdom
    Options
    Luigi's Mansion...I've never felt so relieved and unsatisfied. I was at the age of 8.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    F-Zero on the SNES. I played a lot of the Original Zelda, but never did beat it. Always got sucked into a new game or new system... All three Halos are the only games I've finished in the last 10 years... Unless you count completing raid content in WoW...?
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i think spyro gateway to glimmer... i dont really finish games much, apart from ff which gets a bit ocd