Girl Scout cookie ban

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Well he obviously favors Persephone more she was inexplicably more beautiful.

:drinker:

You may now all return to your regularly scheduled argument about cookies that has yet to mention cookies.

Sweet, delicious cookies...
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I would really like a thin mint.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That's a whole other debate...chocolate and mint, YUCK! (when put together, that is)
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    That's a whole other debate...chocolate and mint, YUCK! (when put together, that is)
    Say wha? Why would you say such an intolerant thing!
  • Regmama
    Options
    Say wha? Why would you say such an intolerant thing!
    I liken it to drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth. I get the same sick feeling in my stomach with both.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    HA!

I'm more of a Samoa man myself... think I ate enough to resemble an actual Samoan..
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Trefoils. Best shortbread cookie ever.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    HA!

I'm more of a Samoa man myself... think I ate enough to resemble an actual Samoan..

This...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    HA!

I will kill for Samoas:

http://bakingbites.com/2008/01/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-samoas/
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I agree. I LOATHE mint and choclate together....EXCEPT with thin mints! It's the only combo of the two that I'm ok with. Mint Meltaways- I will vomit.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I love mint and chocolate together, but chocolate and orange is an abomination!

Really sorry to re-derail for a moment, but I feel really strongly about this. BrettPGH, just for you...

What I'm saying is don't pretend it's open to all to seem more open minded and inclusive. That is simply not the case. It's open to all FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST (with a few added caveats depending). That's EXclusive. Because you're excluding those of different faiths. That's fine! You have that right as it's your heaven. Just stop pretending it's open to all. It's not. It's open to Christians. Own up to that.

But I really needn't say anymore. I'm an atheist. To me you all may as well be arguing about who Zeus favors more.

Christians are as varied a group as any other - there are multiple interpretations and views of the Bible and different varieties of theology. Certainly, there are some groups within the Christian community who believe in the exclusion of non-Christians (or often, even those Christians who don't believe exactly as they do). Equally, there are other groups who believe, inclusively, that heaven is open to all, regardless of belief (or lack of), because God (notice I am not saying 'Christ') is omnipotent and omniscient, and crucially, all-loving. These groups prefer to look for the similarities at the base of faiths, or of a faith-free life lived well, rather than to carp on the differences. I understand where you're coming from, having encountered this sort of exclusive belief in certain parts of the population, Christian or otherwise, but please don't tar us all with the same brush. As in any large group, there are myriad understandings and approaches.

As for Zeus, my understanding is that he was pretty profligate in his favours... :wink:

Right, back on track now. If only I could buy Girl Scout cookies in the UK!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Pardon my jumping around and lack of quoting here but I'm sick and too tired to really care. :laugh:

1. Gay men aren't allowed to e leaders because of homophobes. It has nothing to do with them going camping with kids. Those who would molest a child would be pedophiles, not homosexuals. Most molesters of young boys are heterosexual men. (Pennsylvania football anyone??)

2. I've never, ever heard of a fundie Christian who said that an Atheist/Muslim/any other denomination could go to Heaven. Heaven is an exclusionary club made up solely (supposedly) of believers in Jesus. If Gandhi isn't in your version of Heaven then don't bother claiming to be inclusionary. You're not.

3. Tagalongs are obviously the best.

4. If you want GS cookies and are outside the US, check at any American military base. They probably have websites where you can find someone. http://www.bookoo.com/ is a cyber yard-sale site for military (sort of like craig's list). Find one in your area and ask about buying cookies. Anyone can join, they just center around military families.
  • castadiva
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're sick - feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the link - I shall check that out. I became slightly addicted to Mint Thins whilst staying with my godmother in the US. Probably not good for my MFP stats, but oh, so good for my chocaholic soul! Don't think I had Tagalongs.

Re. point 2 - you're right, no 'fundamentalist' (which I always think is the wrong word - the fundamentals of Christianity, as far as I'm concerned, mostly centre around 'love thy neighbour as thyself' and 'love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind') Christian would espouse that view. Many other types of Christian see things very differently from the evangelical churches who tend to make the headlines. Ghandi et al would be most welcome in my understanding of heaven.

Re point one. Yes. Well said.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    mmmm Samoa's! I have a case....not a box but a CASE of thin mints under my desk at the moment. At the end of the season last year the girl scouts donated a couple palates of cookies (no Samoas though :cry:) so there is no shortage of girl scout cookies in my life.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I could take or leave the thin mints, but the ones with the chocolate, caramel, and coconut...........YUM!
  • castadiva
    Options
    I could take or leave the thin mints, but the ones with the chocolate, caramel, and coconut...........YUM!

That sounds like my personal brand of any addictive drug you care to name - maybe it's just as well I can't find them here!
  • Regmama
    Options
    agreed on the last part
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    You know what rocks, Thin Mint Ice Cream. I had it not to long ago and I have to say it was pretty darn delicious.
  • castadiva
    Options
    Now that does sound good. We have a very thin mint candy here called 'After Eight' - no biscuit, just mint fondant in dark chocolate, about 1.5mm thick. I wonder if I could add those to icecream to have a similar effect? Was it based on vanilla, chocolate or mint icecream?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love mint chocolate chip ice cream! Never had thin mint ice cream, though. Orpheus, is 'After Eight' similar to Pepperidge Farm mint milano cookie? If so..........those are soooo good!