Totally Off the Weight Subject

Options
Anyone seeing a good movie this weekend, either in the theaters, cable or renting?

Please share.

I might see that new Devil Inside movie since Horror movies rock my world.

katie

Replies

• JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    Not seeing a Movie but am going shoe shopping... Does that count? Lol. I need new cross trainers for my crazy workouts! Tehe
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Haha - absolutely counts!!! :laugh:

Hope they're on sale because they can get a bit pricey.

katie
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    I have an idea of the ones I want. They are a little pricey, but worth it! And... I may even get the Jillian Michaels Ultimate Body Shop! After all, it is my birthday in Feb. <3 LOL
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. Tease me, go ahead. But I am very excited! Hopefully they won't add any scenes.
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    football playoffs this weekend for me :-)
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I am hoping to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. Tease me, go ahead. But I am very excited! Hopefully they won't add any scenes.

Three of my favorites:

Finding Nemo
    Meet the Robinsons
    Toy Story (all three are classics in my book)

So there, I have no room to criticize your kiddie choice of BATB - have fun seeing it!

katie
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    I have a 6 year old so I can go to all of them, and no one questions me. They don't have to know that I am going to enjoy it just as much as he is! One of my favorites "How to train your dragon". :)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I watched When You're Strange.. it was a great documentary on The Doors.
    I'm going to be look watching a few other documentaries as well tomorrow.
    I'm to cheap to go to a theater for anything else.
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What about Wall-e and Up? Animated movies can be so great sometimes!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options

LOVE that movie!!!! Let me know how it is if you go see it.

I'm not big on movies so not planning on watching any this weekend. The only tv I watch (besides news & documentaries) is "Once Upon a Time" on Sunday evening; love it!
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

That's a great one!!

I'm gonna see the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have an assignment due so don't have time for a movie this weekend, but I watched Easy A this week as my treadmill movie. It made me laugh heaps! :laugh:
  • katiebythebay
    Options

That's a great one!!

I'm gonna see the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Did you see the original "GWDT" - the Swedish version? That was pretty good, in my opinion.

I'm usually a stickler for the originals, so it's difficult for my friends to drag me to see the remakes.
  • Gribbish
    Options
    I got a copy of Batman:Arkham Asylum (PC version of the game) and plan to play it through this weekend :)

With the graphics available to them, and the terrific plots and awesome voice acting (I love Mark Hamill's portrayals of the Joker) It's pretty much an interactive movie :)
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Just cheesy B-movies.
  • Miriai
    Miriai Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am seeing Beauty and the Beast this weekend in theatres. Its an oldie but a goodie^^. My friends and I are going all dressed up so we can have fun when we go and take pictures too!
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

If you do see The Devil Inside, let us know what you think, I love horror/sci fi flicks and heard this one scares the pants off you- even for the die-hards.

I saw the foreign flick of the Lady with the Dragon Tatoo, but didn't see the American version, the foreign flick was excellent! Would like to see the American version.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Just talking to Kathy via email, thought I would ask the question to everyone...

I'm a major horror movie buff and have seen just about every horror movie available, even the bad ones (human centipede was just disturbing and disgusting on many levels, two hours I can't take back.)

Having mentioned my favorite sub-genre, possession movies... I wonder what exactly they could do differently in this movie, Devil Inside, that hasn't already been done in the Exorcist and all the other movies following suit.

Any thoughts horror movie fans?

And what in all the different horror movies out there, did you find refreshing?

Would love movie suggestions that I might have missed somehow.

katie :noway:
  • JessyeS
    JessyeS Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went to see Sherlock Holmes (loved it!) and Tintin (also loved it)

The Hobbit preview came on in the theatre and I swear my fiance was gonna have a nerd-gasm right there lol