Advice on Deconstructing Calories In vs. Calories Out?

Options
13»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If I eat a lot of protein in the evening doing a 20:4 IF and also allow carbs, my morning bg is high. I can get the morning bg low by either not eating as much protein and keeping the carbs or going low carb and eating all the protein. I don't seem to be able to do both.

That sounds odd... Reducing protein gives the same bang for the buck as reducing carbs? Must be the devil's in the details!

If I eat 120g of protein in the evening with my regular carbs, morning it's high.
    If I eat 60g of protein in the evenings with my regualr carbs, morning is ok.
    If I eat 120g of protein in the evening with low carbs, morning is ok.

That was from about 3 or 4 weeks of observations and experimenting. Not tightly controlled but that was my conclusion.

We've known for a while that stacking carbs with protein causes a synergistic effect that is greater than the sum. This is why the recommended post-lifting nutrition hovers around 40-50g rapidly digesting carbs paired with 25-35g whey.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    roguehealthandfitness.com/fasting-insulin/

This was the clearest info I've found yet for those of us who have been LC for quite a while, are not overweight, and do exercise, never diagnosed as pre or diabetic, yet still have (slightly high) Dawn Phenomenon. Found while clicking links through rabbit holes via intensivedietarymanagement.com. My current waist to height ratio is .43 and my waist to hip ratio is .75 - both in the low end of healthy measures (and that's with 10 more lbs to lose to get to my happy original 2014 goal weight).

Tested FBG average within 1/2 hour of rising = 5.7 or 103 (pretty close to my 1 hr post-prandial measures)
    Tested FBG average 3 hours after rising = 4.8 or 86

Possible causes are slightly low B1, B6, and B12 which causes low Insulin Growth Factor-1. IGF-1 controls blood sugar between meals, Insulin controls blood sugar immediately after meals.

edited for spelling (no glucose in brain yet, lol.... still fasting) :p
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    roguehealthandfitness.com/fasting-insulin/

This was the clearest info I've found yet for those of us who have been LC for quite a while, are not overweight, and do exercise, never diagnosed as pre or diabetic, yet still have (slightly high) Dawn Phenomenon. Found while clicking links through rabbit holes via intensivedietarymanagement.com. My current waist to height ratio is .43 and my waist to hip ratio is .75 - both in the low end of healthy measures (and that's with 10 more lbs to lose to get to my happy original 2014 goal weight).

Tested FBG average within 1/2 hour of rising = 5.7 or 103 (pretty close to my 1 hr post-prandial measures)
    Tested FBG average 3 hours after rising = 4.8 or 86

Possible causes are slightly low B1, B6, and B12 which causes low Insulin Growth Factor-1. IGF-1 controls blood sugar between meals, Insulin controls blood sugar immediately after meals.

edited for spelling (no glucose in brain yet, lol.... still fasting) :p

A good thing!

http://thepaleodiet.com/carbs-wreck-the-brain/

PS. Don't forget glucagon, the anti-insulin.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I dunno, @RalfLott... I already have problems with dopamine and serotonin due to fibromyalgia. Apparently I just need a bit more exercise (or cocaine and MDNA)? o:)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Can someone here send a link to this thread to the OP, he has told (by msg) that he can no longer access this post and he's interested in reading our updated comments. Thank You.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    Can someone here send a link to this thread to the OP, he has told (by msg) that he can no longer access this post and he's interested in reading our updated comments. Thank You.

Can't you do it? Honestly, just asking.....

ETA. Have done it.