First 2 Days- What's good, what's hard?

Options
2»

Replies

• RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day two success!! I was able to do much better then yesterday. I use light weights for the first 10 days (I use 2lbs) then going to go up with each level. I am unable to do the anterior raises with weights so I just use bare hands and that is a challenge enough.
    I find it all hard, but I am encouraged by how short the intervals are. I struggle mostly with the lunges, squats are ok, but for some reason the lunges are hard for me.
    I am so thankful for all of you and really appreciate the support and encouragement. Your successes are inspiring. Bring on day 3!
  • calamityshell
    Options
    i found day 2 difficult as my thighs had just about had enough of jumping jacks but got through it. I am having to have a break as I am going away tonight to clear out my mums house and there is no tv or dvd player there anymore. But i will be back saturday with bells on and even plan to do it on sunday which will be my 35th birthday :)
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    L1D4-complete:drinker:
    Feeling better today and even did zumba last night, so yay!!!! Keep it up everyone!!!

exercise.png
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done! Exercising improves my diet - it is like the two are linked in my head and I don't want to eat cr@p and undo my good work - although having said that I have been eating pringles cos of the blooming TOM.

30DS encourages me to do other exercise too which is good. I've done the shred today, am walking to belly dancing and doing a 1 hour class.I'm also thinking about squeezing in a jane fonda aerobics tape.

The shred is hard and it hurts but it gives me a huge energy and confidence boost and just makes me want to work harder.

So, yeah, thank you Jillian (even though I hate you!!)

:)
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, it makes me feel SO good - and I sleep loads better too! I must remind myself of this tomorrow when I know I will dread putting on the DVD.

In Level 1 Jillian says - "if you think you're gonna die follow Anita", in Level 2 she says, "I want you to feel like you're gonna die".
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Day two success!! I was able to do much better then yesterday. I use light weights for the first 10 days (I use 2lbs) then going to go up with each level. I am unable to do the anterior raises with weights so I just use bare hands and that is a challenge enough.
    I find it all hard, but I am encouraged by how short the intervals are. I struggle mostly with the lunges, squats are ok, but for some reason the lunges are hard for me.
    I am so thankful for all of you and really appreciate the support and encouragement. Your successes are inspiring. Bring on day 3!

Lunges are a large part about doing it with proper form. Make sure you are pushing your butt backwards, not thrusting your knee way out. And take them slow and controlled. Once you get good form down as a habit, it's much better. I had problems before because I was overstraining my knees.