What does eveyone do for Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    On weekdays I combine pea protein powder with 1tbsp ground flaxseeds, 1tbsp of ground chia seeds and water. On weekends I try to enjoy my breakfasts a little more so it is usually eggs of some description - either poached and served with a little hollandaise (the sauce of the gods) or an omelette filled to bursting with mushrooms, capsicum, baby spinach, tomatoes etc. Yum :smile:
  • JourneyToTheOldMe
    JourneyToTheOldMe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a problem. Seriously, its close to an addiction. I LOVE CEREAL! I could eat it all day... And i have done so in the past lol :/

My usual breakfast is Uncle Tobys "PLUS" range. At the moment it is the "Antioxident Lift"
    To be honest, i thought i was doing the right thing! Whoops... Didn't even think of the sugar content.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I alternate between these:

* boiled eggs on vegemite multigrain toast
    * uncle Toby's oats with skim milk and a fruit muffin
    * a cheese and spinach omelette
    * be natural almond, Cashew and coconut flakes with skim milk and a piece of multigrain toast with Kraft nuts light crunchy peanut butter
    * sanitarium honey clusters with slim
    Milk and a piece of multigrain toast with light Philly.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Most days I have peach and pecan muesli with milk. Other breakfasts might be leftovers, 'Lily eggs' (microwaved scrambled eggs with dry garlic flakes - the original 'recipe' made by my now 10yo niece has bratwurst as well), porridge or course burgal with milk, chia seeds and brown sugar.
  • phazyblue
    phazyblue Posts: 10
    Options
    I used to eat breakfast religiously - some sort of cereal but I now follow IF and don't eat until midday - this is really working for me.
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal!

Cereal is my weakness and I know if I have one bowl, I won't stop. Therefore I don't buy it.

Just some of my recent breakfasts:
    -homemade blueberry protein pancakes (under 100 cals each)
    -Uncle Tobys oats gourmet selections: cranberry, raspberry & strawberry
    -helgas light rye bread toasted with one fried egg, sauteed spinach and laughing cow lite cheese
    -oatmeal with either blueberries, 1tsp coco powder and splenda, honey, fruit etc
    -omlette with spinach, red capsicum, musrooms, onion, whatever
    -coffee protein shake (vanilla protein powder, almond milk, 1sp coffee, ice, flaxseed oil-optional-) -AWESOME
    -green protein smoothie
  • anastasiab1621
    anastasiab1621 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with 1/4 ground oats and 50gm ground seed mix shaked in
    Protein Pancakes (protein powder, egg whites, oats and berries)
    Plain Oats made on water with some fruit mixed in
    Cooked eggs if I have the time - runny yolk on spelt bread - yummmmmmm
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tried for a week but decided to give up on any and all kind of cereals/oat-meal/bran.... raised fasting blood sugars to unacceptable levels. I'm back on 2 eggs, slice of Burgen grains bread, couple of slices of turkey or chicken cold cuts or some bacon..and grape fruit or lump or two of frozen berries.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Right now I am obsessed with oatmeal. I prepare it the night before. I just put 50gm oatmeal with water in the fridge.

I am currently trailing some LorAnn Oils ultra strength concentrated flavourings. I tried chocolate hazelnut this morning which was okay but not that great. I think I should have added more of it!

Tomorrow I will try vanilla butternut :) It smells so yum! I mix in about 1ml of it with some natural sweetener.
  • randomlycastle
    Options
    I have muesli and milk usually.
  • laula84
    laula84 Posts: 11
    Options
    -weight-wise oats, flaxseeds, cinnamon, honey and some chopped almonds and apricots
    -protein 1st cereal and light milk and a banana
    -poached eggs on toast with avocado

and always a skinny latte!
    yum!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I usually have cereal (uncle tobys), with the occasion of toast with peanut butter or vegemite.
  • FitterTerri
    FitterTerri Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually have oats (the flavoured sachets from Aldi) that are either Apple, Sultana and Honey, Apricot and Grains or Mixed Berry. Sometimes on the weekend I will have Just Right.
  • AngrySnail
    AngrySnail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Homemade Wholemeal English muffin and a boiled egg with sea salt and pepper. No marg or butter, just that. And a coffee. Cause I would die otherwise
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i usually have 1.5cups of skim milk thrown in the blender with a whole banana and scoop of protein powder and a few cubes of ice. Then i drink it on the drive to work.
    Sometimes i also add berries and or 1/4 cup of rolled oats or 1 tbs of chia seeds which i stir in after blending so they don't get stuck in the blender.

I used to do a green protein smoothie but right now i'm kind of over them.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm a cereal person......

- wheat biscuits, half cup milk, half cup cranberry, half cup pineapple juice....
    - 30g Special K, half cup milk, half cup cranberry, half cup pineapple juice.

To get more fibre, I've started to add phscillian husks......I'm thinking of giving oats a try.....
  • krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I made toasted muesli on the weekend from here: http://adelineandlumiere.com/2011/09/04/homemade-toasted-muesli/

I have one weetabix, 33gm of toasted muesli, one small banana, 1/2 cup shape skim milk and it equals 298 cals
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Majority of the time my breakfast consists of eggs either in an omelette or simply scrambled/fried.

Considering adding in oats or something as well.
  • Coachsaz
    Coachsaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a egg white omlette and i just add vegies to it (Mushrooms, Cherry tomatoes, spring onions) ! Sometimes I'll have a brown wrap with it!! Yumm!
  • ClyroXIII
    ClyroXIII Posts: 4
    Options
    atm, it's yoghurt and muesli and an Up & Go. Looking to change though..