Couch to 5k

Options
2»

Replies

• dancingincircles84
    Options
    @dancingincircles84- Cool! Did you lose any weight when you first started running? I became motivated with this whole running stuff because my uncle is a professional runner and his wife (my aunt, who just started for fun) loves it and lost a ton of weight...FAST! The best thing that I like is that after a while, you don't have to be so careful about your calorie intake because your metabolism shoots up so high, anything you eat is being "burnt" by the second, especially while you sleep! Thanks for sharing!
    I didn't lose weight because it would be unhealthy for me to lose weight but I did still find it extremely useful, especially since I have a bad knee so I eased myself into the running and didn't feel any pain.
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    count me in on the journey!
  • banananisme
    banananisme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Done my first day too :-)
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I just completed my second walk/run of the program. I did a 5 min brisk walk at 5.0 mph. I did my walking and my running at 3.0 mph. The first day I did it at 2.0 mph. I did the 20 minutes with no problems. Total distance 1.10 miles. I hope everyone is progressing nicely.

For those who live in Maryland.....let me know if you are interested in joining me in a 5K.
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I completed week 1 today. I had three good running days. Today I did my brisk walk at 4.5 mph and walk/ran for 15 minutes at 3.0 mph. The distance for today was 1 08 miles. My goal for week 2 is to focus on my breathing and my pace.

Wishing each of you "happy miles" ahead.