What's your ride

Options

Replies

• timmyb057
    timmyb057 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1999 Yamaha Roadstar and a (stolen) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650 (that is probably in little pieces by now) :cry:

Be safe out there and keep the shiny side up! :drinker:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    That's a shame about the 650, that 's a great all around package of a bike!!!

JM
  • bikerchick67
    Options
    Hello, I just joined myfitnesspal. I was doing another online diet, but had to pay for it...this is better because it's free :) I rodea 99 Suzuki Marauder 800cc for my first 5 years of riding and this summer I bought a brand new 2012 Harley Sportster 1200 XL, the 48 model with HD custom paint. They only made 200 with my flat black sugar skull paint job...I have yet to see one of the other 199 made in the US!!! Have a great day :)
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    Hello, I just joined myfitnesspal. I was doing another online diet, but had to pay for it...this is better because it's free :) I rodea 99 Suzuki Marauder 800cc for my first 5 years of riding and this summer I bought a brand new 2012 Harley Sportster 1200 XL, the 48 model with HD custom paint. They only made 200 with my flat black sugar skull paint job...I have yet to see one of the other 199 made in the US!!! Have a great day :)

would love to see a picture of it! welcome to the site!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm with Deb, sounds like a cool looking ride, toss a picture up!

JM
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm with Deb, sounds like a cool looking ride, toss a picture up!

JM
    Yep, let's see it.
    Also , welcome to MFP.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Allisont!

I Ride a 2011 VT750C/A Honda Shadow Aero. Riding since June 2012. It's been a dream of mine to Ride my own Motorcycle but lacked the confidence. Suddenly I was 55 years old and decided to Go For It!! I absolutely Love Riding my Bike :happy:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Glad to have found the group!

I learned to ride in my mid-30's (in my mid-50's now!) on a Honda 750cc Turbo. But then very quickly wanted my own bike.

1969 Yamaha 650
    1979 Suzuki GS-750
    1989 Honda Shadow ACE 750 (totaled it when a deer jumped out in front of me :angry: :grumble:

currently:
    2005 Suzuki C90 1500cc

My claim to fame was riding that little Yamaha 650cc from central NY down to TN and back the 1st year I owned the bike. There's a hatchling of plan about doing the same ride next summer.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad Icimani is on my FL and I saw she had posted to this group so I found it! lol
    I have 2 Suzuki Volusia's actually. One is a black 04, the other is an 02 with a custom paint job..a "cobra" theme. I'm looking forward to riding a LOT this year and HOPEFULLY can maybe fit back into those leathers I've outgrown. I'd love to meet my weight loss goal to improve my power to weight ratio. ;)
  • kimholcomb
    kimholcomb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Started out with a 2011 Yamaha V-Star 250. Now I have a 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster Custom. Only managed to get 8000 miles on here in Wisconsin last summer. Hope to get at least that many this year too! I don't know why I waited sooooo long to get my license. =}
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Looking Bad on My Bike? I'm just trying to slim down so my wife can get her arms around my mid-section to hold on! :laugh:

I've had 6 bikes since around 1979 or so, Yamaha 360, Yamaha 650, Kawasaki 1000, Honda 250 and a 2007 Harley FXDB Street Bob. My newest bike though, is my favorite. My 2010 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide...

img1301sv.jpg
  • KevinS62
    Options

you need to put "img" inside [ ] on the front and /img inside [ ] on the back. Let me see if it works for me:

CMABikeShow2012.jpg
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Looks like the photo doesn't exist anymore.
  • KevinS62
    Options
    For those trying to post a picture, they have a thread to help:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A 2010 HD Fatboy!!
  • kerryhomer77
    Options
    This is my first bike and I love it

Kawasaki ER6N

121pfr9.jpg
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    121fa4c1-13f0-4ea2-bc03-d0e05c887940_zpsf9c0f7a6.jpg

This is the bike I am a passenger on. I love this bike. 2012 FXS. This was taken before the new seat and sissy bar. I guess I need to get a new pic taken. I thought I had an updated one.

It's getting new bars and pipes put on this weekend so I'll get a new pic taken then.

(First time adding a pic on the boards. Hope it works.)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Bike #1: 2005 HD Heritage. Almost 70K on her but I've taken VERY good care of her. Currently for sale, though.

Bike #2 2000 HD Heritage Springer. Bought her last year (after I sold my '97 Heritage Springer) and she only had 8K on her LOL -- I LOVE E-Bay. I am currently putting the touches on this one to make it my traveler.

Bike to be purchased when I sell the 2005 -- a bobber for tooling around locally. Dreaming of a kicker, upswept fishtails and a girder front end... we'll see what I can come up with LOL. One idea is...

My old man has a '62 Ironhead Sporty. He rode the hell out of it and it's a basket case that needs to be redone. It's a kicker that can't be converted to an electric start, and he has a bum right leg from a wreck, so he won't be able to ride it when it's road-worthy again. We've talked about me taking that one and him getting a different kind of bobber for himself.

(How come I'm not a millionaire yet so that I could just DO all of this and not worry about the $$$$$ involved???)

Elaine in CO
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bike #1: 2005 HD Heritage. Almost 70K on her but I've taken VERY good care of her. Currently for sale, though.

Bike #2 2000 HD Heritage Springer. Bought her last year (after I sold my '97 Heritage Springer) and she only had 8K on her LOL -- I LOVE E-Bay. I am currently putting the touches on this one to make it my traveler.

Bike to be purchased when I sell the 2005 -- a bobber for tooling around locally. Dreaming of a kicker, upswept fishtails and a girder front end... we'll see what I can come up with LOL. One idea is...

My old man has a '62 Ironhead Sporty. He rode the hell out of it and it's a basket case that needs to be redone. It's a kicker that can't be converted to an electric start, and he has a bum right leg from a wreck, so he won't be able to ride it when it's road-worthy again. We've talked about me taking that one and him getting a different kind of bobber for himself.

(How come I'm not a millionaire yet so that I could just DO all of this and not worry about the $$$$$ involved???)

Elaine in CO
    Vintage bikes can be a pain to keep alive and well, but It'd be nice to save that early Ironhead. A sportster project of some sort will be my next once the Norton is done.
    Plus, kicking on 900cc of stubborn vintage Sporty will be good for some additional cardio every now and then!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    dsl01, I think we need pix of the Norton! I know you said it isn't finished, but i bet you have some progress pix to share?!?!

DP and I talked last night... He thinks it wouldn't be too much work to get the motor running again, and I could see how it feels. You prolly already know that it's a right side shift so being able to kick it isn't the only hurdle LOL.

So now his projects are:

1. Install chrome lowers, paint, other cosmetics on his Heritage
    2. Install front fender on the '05. See, we were in the Black Hills last year and one thing led to another and I ran the front of my Heritage into the back of his at about 3 mph... just enough to screw up both of our fenders argh.
    3. Make all the changes to the '00 Springer. I've been buying parts for a year, now it's time to bolt them on and see what we get.
    4. Get that Sporty up and running.

Good thing he's retired LOL!

Elaine in CO