Level 1

Options
Kelly_1981
Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
Ok here is the place to come to ask questions and vent about level 1 (feel free to make what ever posts you want but I thought if we have a little level 1 corner (and level 2 and 3 as well) it will help people to find people going through the same thing at the same time.

Replies

• belester
    Options
    I just want to tell everyone that the first few days are absolutely horrible, there's no avoiding that! But by the time you get to day 4 and 5, you will feel so much better. Push through the pain (without injuring yourself of course) and it's all worth it! I'm doing day 5 tonight!
  • msmellissa
    Options
    This is my second time doing the Shred. The first time I made it 9 days and quit. I WON'T be doing that again!

I started Level 1 today and it pretty much kicked my butt. I am super proud I stuck it out though!
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    level one, day one complete!

wow did my body ache today...but day two is in a few hours...heres to some ibuprofen and an hr in the hot tub afterwards!

onward and upward!
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 4 done!!

It is getting sooo much easier. This is the first day that i haven't got a stitch and out of breath whild doing the cardio sections :)

I hope everyone is getting on ok :bigsmile:
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Well done all! I will have to do day 2 tomorrow I had to go to the chiropractor today and she said best to not do too much tonight, so instead of Sunday rest day today will be my rest day :-)
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    HI ALL!!! TODAY I COMPLETED DAY 8 OF LEVEL 1 AND ALTHOUGH IT IS MUCH EASIRE NOW, I HAVE NOTICED THAT I AM GETTING SORE IN PLACES I NEVER DID ANY OF THE OTHER TIME I HAVE DONE LEVEL 1.....HMMM WONDERING IF THAT IS NORMAL OR IF MAYBE IT IS A GOOD SIGN THAT I AM WORKING MY MUSCLES BETTER THAN BEFORE.

ANYHOW, I AM STARTING TO DREAD LEVEL 2 BUT I SHOULD BE STARTING THAT ON FEBRUARY 1ST!!!! AHHHH SCARY!

IT IS TRUE THAT IT DOES GET EASIER...YOU DO SWEAT LIKE CRAZY BUT YOU CATCH YOUR BREATH FASTER AT THE END OF THE WORKOUT. SO FAR I AM SEEING RESULTS ALREADY. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THE STATS AS SOON AS I AM DONE WITH LEVEL 1.

BY THE WAY GREAT JOB TO ALL OF YOU! KEEP YPUSHING, YOU ARE DOING AMAZING!
  • katburkinshaw
    Options
    Day One, Level One. My arms hurt and my legs feel like jelly but I feel weirdly better...

x
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1.. I have starrted ans sstoppped soo manytimes though I think I should moove to level 2
  • kmastello
    Options
    I started this about a week and a half ago, after day 4 i had crazy shin splints so i stopped for a while and just started back up again yesterday. It was harder for me now than it was a week and a half ago!!! I dont know if it is because my 12 week old hasnt been sleeping well at night, so i am already exhausted or if it is the foot cramps i have been getting when doing it, but man this is hard right now! MUST PUSH THROUGH!
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 complete. I've noticed my stamina and endurance starting to increase. But still stuck at 223 on the scale...
  • belester
    Options
    You'll be building muscle xmissjasmine, so don't panic about the numbers on the scale too much :)

Day 6 today, I have the hubby and kids home today, so will have to send them elsewhere for a bit. Last night was really good, I was feeling just awful, but did Day 5 anyway, and felt so much better afterwards!
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 ..Completed successfully :)

Didnt take measurements today .. will update tomorrow :)
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of level 1 complete :) Lots easier now :)
  • msmellissa
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 1 done yesterday! Today is my down day but I'm still doing yoga and I may run. :)
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 completed.
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    HI ALL!!! TODAY I COMPLETED DAY 8 OF LEVEL 1 AND ALTHOUGH IT IS MUCH EASIRE NOW, I HAVE NOTICED THAT I AM GETTING SORE IN PLACES I NEVER DID ANY OF THE OTHER TIME I HAVE DONE LEVEL 1.....HMMM WONDERING IF THAT IS NORMAL OR IF MAYBE IT IS A GOOD SIGN THAT I AM WORKING MY MUSCLES BETTER THAN BEFORE.

ANYHOW, I AM STARTING TO DREAD LEVEL 2 BUT I SHOULD BE STARTING THAT ON FEBRUARY 1ST!!!! AHHHH SCARY!

IT IS TRUE THAT IT DOES GET EASIER...YOU DO SWEAT LIKE CRAZY BUT YOU CATCH YOUR BREATH FASTER AT THE END OF THE WORKOUT. SO FAR I AM SEEING RESULTS ALREADY. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THE STATS AS SOON AS I AM DONE WITH LEVEL 1.

BY THE WAY GREAT JOB TO ALL OF YOU! KEEP YPUSHING, YOU ARE DOING AMAZING!

Hi :smile: Yes it does get easier I promise :-) Keep going you are doing great!!! I like level 2
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    I started this about a week and a half ago, after day 4 i had crazy shin splints so i stopped for a while and just started back up again yesterday. It was harder for me now than it was a week and a half ago!!! I dont know if it is because my 12 week old hasnt been sleeping well at night, so i am already exhausted or if it is the foot cramps i have been getting when doing it, but man this is hard right now! MUST PUSH THROUGH!

I hear ya! I am finding it harder now than I did only a few weeks ago!

Keep pushing!
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    The first time around I think I made it 3 or 4 days and quit because of a calf injury. I'm now on day 5, my knees and calf are giving me hell but this time I'm going to take the jillian advice 'no injuries please' to heart and any time my knees or calf hurts I'm going to modify a lot!

So far I have not been able to do a single round of butt kicks all the way through due to my calf hurting so I've mainly been doing a gentle jog on those parts.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 3: The workout is getting easier for me. I'm still not able to go all the way through without my short breaks, but now I take fewer and shorter breaks than a I did the first day. I'm planning on completing the entire workout without stopping by the 6th day. Wish me luck!
  • sparkly75
    sparkly75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I started level one day one on Wednesday but had Friday and today ( Sunday ) off - so Im counting tomorrow as day 4 - Im doing cardio on my days off from the shred - Im not sure if you have to do it every day for the best results??
    I dont have the DVD yet Im using the free version of level one on youtube!
    Any advice would be great!
    Yesterday felt a lot easier than the previous times but it still kicked my *kitten*!
    The jumping Jacks / rope is killer and am using the beginner woman as my mirror for now as I dont even nearly have the edurance to follow the other one!
    I dont have my stats yet I will measure tomorrow x
    15305568.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter