Level 1

Options

Replies

• belester
    Options
    I was planning to do it everyday for the 30 days at first, but my body just can't take that. I'm doing 6 days, then having a rest day.
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am doing it everyday:) I have got to the stage where i feel guilty if i don't do it lol!
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi There !!

I have a question. Today was my Day 3 Level 1 and I have noticed that yesterday and today, after one hour of doing the shred I felt very hungry. I tried not to hog all the food at once but I had to eat little more than what I eat without doing it.

Wanted to know, if feeling that hungry is usual and if so, will a protein shake right after the workout a good idea??

Thank you in advance for your response!!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi There !!

I have a question. Today was my Day 3 Level 1 and I have noticed that yesterday and today, after one hour of doing the shred I felt very hungry. I tried not to hog all the food at once but I had to eat little more than what I eat without doing it.

Wanted to know, if feeling that hungry is usual and if so, will a protein shake right after the workout a good idea??

do you mean an hour later, you're starving? are you eating back your calories burnt?

As long as you aren't going over your calories for the day + exercise cals, go ahead and eat!

As for me...just finished day 3!!!!

Will my arms ever stop wobbling? AND do push ups ever get easier? I'm such a wimp!
  • yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This is day 2 of level 1 feel kinda good, these push ups are a challenge even doing the girly ones.

I will be doing this for 6 days with 1 day for rest
  • belester
    Options
    Well day 8 is done :)
    My right knee is really sore today though, which makes me think I'm slacking on correct form, particularly with the side lunges. I'm going to have to be very careful, as I've already had surgery on one of my knees (left), and don't want to have to go through that again!
  • gayatrik
    Options
    Hi There !!

do you mean an hour later, you're starving? are you eating back your calories burnt?

As long as you aren't going over your calories for the day + exercise cals, go ahead and eat!

As for me...just finished day 3!!!!

Will my arms ever stop wobbling? AND do push ups ever get easier? I'm such a wimp!

I am on 1200 cal per day goal ... and most of the times I will be having between 900 to 1100 cals. Not always I eat my exercise cals but if I am hungry, I will have them. Like today, I ate 1445 cals.

After the workout, I am drinking lot of water and not feel like eatin anything immediately but 40-60 mins later, I feel terribly hungry. Thats what happened both yesterday and today. But today after eating I have this little nausea feeling as well. And I felt terribly tired and slept for nearly 1.5 hrs in the afternoon.

Don't know if this is normal or my body needs more time to adjust because since few months I haven't been active. But I am determined not to quit at any cost and wanna continue.

Will try having a whey protein shake immediately after the work-out tomorrow and see how I will go. Thank you for being there :)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi There !!

Go ahead and have the protein shake, whey protein is the best choice for after your workout. I use EAS, I mix one scoop with 6 oz water, only 130 calories. But sometimes i even add 4 oz fat free yogurt & frozen berries.
  • gayatrik
    Options

Go ahead and have the protein shake, whey protein is the best choice for after your workout. I use EAS, I mix one scoop with 6 oz water, only 130 calories. But sometimes i even add 4 oz fat free yogurt & frozen berries.

Thank you :) will surely add it from today :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    You all are doing awesome. For me, not so much. :laugh: I have found out I love my gym time more than I thought so I won't be doing the 6 days straight of 30DS. I will do it when I can't make it to the gym, but not in the way you awesome ladies are doing it. I will still be here to cheer you on though...YOU ALL ARE DOING AMAZING, KEEP IT UP!!!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you all what a great job you are doing! Level one does get easier trust me. By day 7 you wont feel it as bad as day 3 and 4..... I am on level 2 day 2 and well dont mean to scare you but wow! I think just like level 1 it will get easier by day 5 or 6! Good luck ladies and work hard!
  • yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Day 3 complete, I am looking forward to this being easier as you all are saying. I am dreading level 2 & 3 and I have not even completed level 1 yet
  • gayatrik
    Options
    I couldn't do my Day 4 today as I was having very sore body :( and took a pain killer to deal with my day but I dont regret as I feel its better to take a day off than hurting myself completely out of it... What say guys?? And am all set to do my Day 4 tomorrow...

The most motivational factor I encountered today is .... I measured myself on Sunday and today casually saw the tape n measured my upper n lower belly ..... to my amusement I see a difference of 0.5 inches :) Just with 3 days of doing the "Shred" I could measure this difference and its so motivating ...I am sooooooooooo happy about it and will surely continue with the Shred even if it means I need to take a day off in between till I get the strength to do it without break :)

Any suggestions for my betterment are most welcome...Love MFP and Love u guys for being such a mass support system:) Without MFP, I couldn't be doing this better....LOVE YOU!!
  • nubian22
    Options
    Woohoo, that's day 5 done! Don't know why but today I'm aching more than any other day...my arms and abs are so sore!
  • raqufern
    Options
    I couldn't do my Day 4 today as I was having very sore body :( and took a pain killer to deal with my day but I dont regret as I feel its better to take a day off than hurting myself completely out of it... What say guys?? And am all set to do my Day 4 tomorrow...

The most motivational factor I encountered today is .... I measured myself on Sunday and today casually saw the tape n measured my upper n lower belly ..... to my amusement I see a difference of 0.5 inches :) Just with 3 days of doing the "Shred" I could measure this difference and its so motivating ...I am sooooooooooo happy about it and will surely continue with the Shred even if it means I need to take a day off in between till I get the strength to do it without break :)

Any suggestions for my betterment are most welcome...Love MFP and Love u guys for being such a mass support system:) Without MFP, I couldn't be doing this better....LOVE YOU!!

Honestly I know what you mean....it feels like your body just got hit by a truck right??? I just went ahead and pushed through the pain.....and right when I was halways done then that aching sensation was gone since I was all warmed up! But you are right dont hurt your self! A warm bath may help!
  • raqufern
    Options
    Woohoo, that's day 5 done! Don't know why but today I'm aching more than any other day...my arms and abs are so sore!

I was the same on day 5! It really felt harder than the first day I did the shred but day 6 got better!
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The start of level 2 for me tomorrow :happy: and my weigh-in in the morning!
  • belester
    Options
    Level 1 complete! Level 2 and weigh-in for me tomorrow as well :)
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you all! I had an appointment tonight so couldnt do it but I will Jillian kick my *kitten* tomorow! x
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it! I survived L1D1. I can't say I did every single exercise, but except for grabbing a couple of gulps of water, I kept moving. When things got tough, I tried to think about those "before" pics I took this morning. That was pretty motivational!