Anyone have a good no bake cheescake recipe?

Options
Rayman79
Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
All the high protein recipes I have seen are baked cheesecakes, and I personally prefer the non-baked kind. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried making a non-bake version that is low cal, high protein??

If not, I'm going to have a play around with a couple of recipes over the weekend and see what I can come up with...

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Ask and you shall receive my friend :)

Jelly Cheesecake 8 serves 12/9/3

base:
    70g oats
    100g apple sauce
    1 egg white

bake at 180c for 10mins

Filling:
    Prepare 1 packet sf jelly mix as normal. Combine with 500g low fat ricotta cheese. Stir. Add on top of base & put in fridge.

The other ones I have are all pumpkin pie's so not technically cheesecake :tongue:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    That sounds good, but that would serve 1! Me!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    That sounds good, but that would serve 1! Me!

Definitely possible. I put my serves at "normal people" serves. I eat half a cheesecake normally. That is by far the easiest cheesecake you can possibly make.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    This looks so good. If I had the time I would make one before I go away this afternoon, but it will have to wait until I return.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Went and got what I needed for this today. When I started to put it together I found that the light Ricotta seemed to have started to go bad. It had some portions that were turning a different colour. Thankfully I got some light cream cheese to make a NY style cheese cake later this week so I used that. Hopefully it will turn out well. I would have preferred making it with the ricotta since it has half the calories of the cream cheese.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    You can use ricotta for NY style as well I reckon. Maybe not quite as legit but the macros are a fair bit better.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I had a piece today. It worked well with the cream cheese. I will have to try NY style with Ricotta as well.
  • Rayman79
    Options
    OK, my first attempt today, just a plain attempt at a high protein no bake cheesecake... and I have to say it turned out pretty well!

Here's a pic:
    6854885581_11b5e7191e_z.jpg

I'm happy to share the recipe if anyone is interested, the macros (for 1/4 of the whole cake) came out at:

297 cals 8F/12C/21P

I have to say I'm pretty happy with those numbers.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Yes, share the recipe.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if any of you clever people have worked out a High protein, low carb, low sugar cheesecake yet.
    I keep trying to scrimp on the sugars and they often taste - well like cheese...
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I have not tried experimenting with the above one other than using cream cheese instead of Ricotta. I am going to though. I would guess getting rid of the crust (oatmeal, applesauce) would cut the carbs a lot.
  • Rayman79
    Options
    No-bake protein cheesecake recipe as requested.

Ingredients and instructions:

For the base:
    the biscuits of your choice, I used 7 granita biscuits, I guess graham crackers would be the US equivalent
    a little bit of melted butter to help them stick together.

Crumble the biscuits to a fine crumb in a bowl, add the melted butter and cstir. Use this to line the bottom of a baking pan and refrigerate while making the filling.

For the filling:
    500g low fat cream cheese
    3/4 cup low fat milk
    30g vanilla protein powder (I used whey)
    3/4 cup splenda
    3 tsp gelatine
    1 tsp ground cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract (optional)

Add the gelatine to 1/4 cup of boiling water, dissolve and leave to cool for a couple of minutes while starting on the filling.
    Put the cream cheese in a mixer (should be at room temp) with the splenda. Beat slowly until combined and smooth, then add the gelatine mixture until combined. Stir the protein powder into the milk (to minimise lumps), then add to the cream cheese mixture. Beat again until smooth.
    Simply pour this onto the buscuit base and let cool in the fridge for approx three hours.

I just made this plain and topped with cinnamon, but you can add the juice and zest of a lemon, or fresh berries - whatever you like. (It was great served with some fresh mango sliced on top)

If you do make this (or a variation of), I'd love to hear how it goes.
    :drinker:
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Me being a freak and all I will probably make the filling with out a base......I hope I haven't offended the cheesecake gods.
    I used ground almond meal once, but it's expensive to learn on.
    Thanks for the tips, and recipe!
  • Rayman79
    Options
    Should be fine Mymmu, I'd make it without the base too but the family wont eat it that way - fussy buggers :grumble: It also makes it easier to get out of the pan/serve.

The texture is pretty solid because of the gelatine, so if you lined the bottom of the pan with baking paper you could probably get it out ok. I used a springform pan and lined the sides with baking paper, there was minimal breakage getting it out. If you are going sans base - I would definitely suggest you use a springform too.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pics of your result!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I made another version of the recipe Chris posted above. I used a 10%MF ricotta this time, and cherry SF Jell-o. I also added a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a little stevia. I hope it turns out well. I set the recipe at 4 servings and they come out at 353 Calories with 24grams of protein. Several hours in the fridge and I can try it out.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I made another version of the recipe Chris posted above. I used a 10%MF ricotta this time, and cherry SF Jell-o. I also added a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a little stevia. I hope it turns out well. I set the recipe at 4 servings and they come out at 353 Calories with 24grams of protein. Several hours in the fridge and I can try it out.

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to set. It has had 2 hours, but I am willing to wait longer. If it doesn't well, lesson learned.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Well, it turned out ok. Not as smooth as I would like, but I am not sure if that was the ricotta or the added protein powder. It tastes pretty good though.
  • Kymmu
    Options
    That' s what matters!
  • Rayman79
    Options
    probably the ricotta. I recall someone (Chris I think) saying he noticed lumps in his baked cheesecake when he used ricotta. I assume it would be even more obvious in the texture of an unbaked cheesecake.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    probably the ricotta. I recall someone (Chris I think) saying he noticed lumps in his baked cheesecake when he used ricotta. I assume it would be even more obvious in the texture of an unbaked cheesecake.

Yes, it is probably the ricotta. I will try again changing some stuff up, or maybe to a baked one with the ricotta and see how that turns out.