Anyone have a good no bake cheescake recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• feistymoon
    Options
    bump
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    tried to make a lemon jelly one.. failed miserably! dont know where i went wrong with it, i think there may have been too much water in the ricotta, it was pretty wet.. ended up not setting.. oh well. sad pants :(
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I have cream cheese and jelly here, I think I know what I need to do
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME with cream cheese!

Oh, I didn't bother with a base though, I reckon bases are a waste of space!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Tried experimenting with it again tonight. It is in the fridge right now setting. I used strawberry jelly powder, 250g 95% fat free cream cheese, 250g ricotta, 41g Kaizen Decadent Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, and 31g Leanfit Vanilla Whey Protein powder. Hopefully it tastes good.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Tried experimenting with it again tonight. It is in the fridge right now setting. I used strawberry jelly powder, 250g 95% fat free cream cheese, 250g ricotta, 41g Kaizen Decadent Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, and 31g Leanfit Vanilla Whey Protein powder. Hopefully it tastes good.

This turned out quite good. Better than the last one for texture, and flavour is a nice mix of strawberry and chocolate. Perhaps a tablespoon of cocoa would have bumped it up a little more, but who knows. Maybe next time I will try that as well.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Glad it turned out well, but remember we need pics! :)
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Next time I will take pics.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Lemon Protein cheesecake

Jello - Lemon No Sugar Added 5 Cal. 1 Package
    Quaker - 100% Whole Grain Oats ( Quick ) , 70.0 g
    Applesauce - Canned, unsweetened, without added ascorbic acid, 100 g
    Golden Egg - Just Egg Whites, 50 gm
    Kraft - Kraft Philadelphia Low - Fat 95% Cream Cheese (Can) 250g
    Leanfit - Whey Protein Shake-Natural Vanilla, 2 scoop 62g
    Saputo ~ Bari Brand - Ricotta Whey Cheese ~ 10% Mf, 250.0 g

Total: 1396 Calories 128g Protein
    4 Servings/Serving: 349 Calories 32g Protein

DSCF6008.jpg

DSCF6009.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that looks good!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Tastes even better.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Saw cream cheese on sale at the grocery store today, so I picked some up since it has been a long time since I made a cheese cake. Probably go with the no bake one here.
  • MsWendyjc
    MsWendyjc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Rayman79 wrote: »
    No-bake protein cheesecake recipe as requested.

Ingredients and instructions:

For the base:
    the biscuits of your choice, I used 7 granita biscuits, I guess graham crackers would be the US equivalent
    a little bit of melted butter to help them stick together.

Crumble the biscuits to a fine crumb in a bowl, add the melted butter and cstir. Use this to line the bottom of a baking pan and refrigerate while making the filling.

For the filling:
    500g low fat cream cheese
    3/4 cup low fat milk
    30g vanilla protein powder (I used whey)
    3/4 cup splenda
    3 tsp gelatine
    1 tsp ground cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract (optional)

Add the gelatine to 1/4 cup of boiling water, dissolve and leave to cool for a couple of minutes while starting on the filling.
    Put the cream cheese in a mixer (should be at room temp) with the splenda. Beat slowly until combined and smooth, then add the gelatine mixture until combined. Stir the protein powder into the milk (to minimise lumps), then add to the cream cheese mixture. Beat again until smooth.
    Simply pour this onto the buscuit base and let cool in the fridge for approx three hours.

I just made this plain and topped with cinnamon, but you can add the juice and zest of a lemon, or fresh berries - whatever you like. (It was great served with some fresh mango sliced on top)

If you do make this (or a variation of), I'd love to hear how it goes.
    :drinker:

Looks like i have come to the right place ...
    >>>>>>>>>> Heading to shops then back to make this treat!

Thank you

• MsWendyjc
    MsWendyjc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    chrisdavey wrote: »
    Ask and you shall receive my friend :)

Jelly Cheesecake 8 serves 12/9/3

base:
    70g oats
    100g apple sauce
    1 egg white

bake at 180c for 10mins

Filling:
    Prepare 1 packet sf jelly mix as normal. Combine with 500g low fat ricotta cheese. Stir. Add on top of base & put in fridge.

The other ones I have are all pumpkin pie's so not technically cheesecake :tongue:

to many good choices here .. Will get ingredients for both and make one now and one in a week or so .. Thanks for sharing these!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    chrisdavey wrote: »
    Ask and you shall receive my friend :)

Jelly Cheesecake 8 serves 12/9/3

base:
    70g oats
    100g apple sauce
    1 egg white

bake at 180c for 10mins

Filling:
    Prepare 1 packet sf jelly mix as normal. Combine with 500g low fat ricotta cheese. Stir. Add on top of base & put in fridge.

The other ones I have are all pumpkin pie's so not technically cheesecake :tongue:

Making this again tonight, although I am not using the base since I am making it for the family, so graham cracker base it is. I hope it turns out.