Thermometer Jeans Challenge?

Options

Replies

• solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Since I've been out basically all week with what turns out to be the flu, and I've somehow GAINED 5 pounds(!) while sick, I'm not trying on my jeans until next week. Hoping it's water weight that my body's holding on to as some sort of buffer and that I will drop back down over this coming week...
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Hey, mama, that sounds pretty darned good.

solar - I'm trying on mine later this week.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    **FLAKE REPORTING***

I tried my jeans on last night. Can feel a difference. My thighs (bane of my existence) are still snug through the upper thigh/butt area. However, I can tell there is some progress there. Still not any where near fitting in to them but making steps towards it!

That's awesome Reese! I've been thinking I need to try mine on, but I'm waiting for the TOM bloating to go away first. Before these couple of water weight pounds came up I had been maintaining pretty consisten weight but I've been able to lift heavier weights at the gym, so I'm hopeful.
  • KL124
    KL124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I read this earlier this week, when I was frustrated at my lack of weight loss. That afternoon, I went shopping and I decided to try on a size 2 pair of jeans just for the hell of it. I'm usually a 4-6, so I figured that there wa no way I could even get close to pulling them up. As I slipped them up, I could even zip and button them! I ended up buying them, and I figure I will judge my weight loss by whether or not I have love handles in them :) I love this idea, and it's proof that the scale isn't always the best judge!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That's a great story, KL124.

Unfortunately, my thermometer jeans challenge just isn't going anywhere....I cannot comprehend why I'm not losing SIZES on NROL4W, like everybody else. But. I. Am. Not.

Enough said.

Maybe next month....I'm still committed to strength-training, but it sure is NOT a "quick answer" to anything.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Those sound like perfect thermometer jeans KL!

Beeps, you'll get there! Your strength training will definitely pay off over time as long as you're pairing your workout with healthy eating.

Well I tried my jeans on this morning and I definitely noticed a difference. I could get them on and button them without too much trouble, and for the first time I didn't have too much of the muffin top effect. I don't think I would pair them with a tight-fitting top or anything, but I think that I could get away with wearing them in public with a top that gives me a little breathing room around the waist.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, RisOnTheRun!! That is FANTABULOUS!!

Soooooooooooo nice to read! A *success* for sure!

I will try on my jeans closer to the end of the month. I'm pretty positive about my deficit-eating and my lifting, this month. And, with a gala on the end-of-May horizon, I'm aiming for a SUPER GOWN - and might as well slink into my thermometer jeans, too.

So, I hope to be able to report back with some good news in 2-3 weeks time, anyway.

:smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    omg....I only WISH that I was as optimistic, today, as I was on May 9th.

I think I won't be wearing "the" gown - I'll opt for a cocktail dress, instead. Boo.

I'm not trying on my thermometer jeans for another week.

Gawd, I SUCK at this challenge.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow, I joined this challenge on January 31st. I do not think, by May 31st, that I will be in my "thermometer jeans"....that's 4 MONTHS (and I'm still not there).

But, TOM showed up, today, so I *do* intend on giving my jeans a try at the end of this week (say June 1 or 2).

Funny how I am not really getting anywhere, in this challenge, and yet I'm not willing to *quit* it. Why quit?? One day or the other, I'm going to get into those jeans, lol!!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Good attitude Beeps. We'll stick with it.

I definitely know mine won't be fitting right now But I'm back in diet/cut mode so hopefully in the next 4 months!! :blushing:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    So, today I did my end-of-month-5 (being May, 2012) photos/measurements for my challenge. Photos didn't show much (any?) difference from end-of-month-4. But, I chiseled some inches from my mid-section, so was hopeful for this "thermometer" jeans challenge.

I pulled them on. As high as they could go....and, there's A LOT of my bum hanging out the top?? (I'm not sure if these jeans are sized correctly....seriously....I own the SAME pair, one size larger, and it's SWIMMING on me - and this pair.....good gawd.)

Anyway, I think I can safely say they are "on"....but, even if I could get the button/zipper done up (I cannot....I can't even button it at this point in time!), way too much of my *kitten*/panties would be hanging out the top and I would NEVER wear them.

Still, I'll work on it in June to see what the final results are. At some point, when I *do* have to buy smaller-size jeans, this will NOT be the brand/style of jean I buy - that much I'm sure of!!
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge! I just read through ya'll's progress and kinda laugh cause I haven't been on this board, but I have been saving a pair of jeans I wanna fit into in my closet, hanging in a special place....They have been there since I started this journey in March 2011.

Last time I tried them on was March 2012 and I could get them up, and on, but they weren't comfortable. I think I have to go home and see how the look tonight! Especially given that the scale hasn't moved much the past six weeks, but I have seriously UP'ed my running mileage in the past month. Gonna take this challenge and see if the extra running is paying off!
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge! I just read through ya'll's progress and kinda laugh cause I haven't been on this board, but I have been saving a pair of jeans I wanna fit into in my closet, hanging in a special place....They have been there since I started this journey in March 2011.

Last time I tried them on was March 2012 and I could get them up, and on, but they weren't comfortable. I think I have to go home and see how the look tonight! Especially given that the scale hasn't moved much the past six weeks, but I have seriously UP'ed my running mileage in the past month. Gonna take this challenge and see if the extra running is paying off!

Results? They're up, zipped, buttoned and with a flowy shirt I could wear them "out" as long as I didn't have to sit down at all in them! Slight muffin top, look a bit "painted on"!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Nicely done, trout!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge trout, and nice progress! It's always nice to have some reassurance that you work is paying off.

Ha ha Beeps, even if you never wear those jeans out it sounds like they'll do the trick as far as helping you track your progress.

This is a good reminder, I need to try mine on too. I've been focusing on maintaining rather than losing lately, but I need to make sure that those inches aren't creeping back.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Seriously. The jeans that I've bought, that I've never worn, that hang in my closet (reminding me of this challenge) are just GROSS.

Ewww....

And I paid FULL PRICE IN MONTREAL FOR THEM.

That SUCKS.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Another flake checking in after a LONG absence. I went away from MFP for a while. I have not gotten anywhere, so I am back and trying again.
    The jeans are not any closer to fitting than they were when we started this challenge. :-(
    But. I am working super hard, so hopefully I will start seeing progress. It isn't just this pair of jeans I want to get back into - there is an entire section of my closet that is the same size. I bought them all last Summer when I was at my smallest ever and now they don't fit due to the 15lbs I put back on. I really want to get back into them!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I haven't given up the challenge to reduce my jeans to a LOWER SIZE....however, the pair of "thermometer jeans" that I had been using is just NOT going to happen. (I really think it's AT LEAST 2 sizes lower than the paid I currently wear....see vents from me, above and elsewhere on this thread.)

Having said that, I have NOT dropped a 'SIZE' in the 6 months I've been lifting heavy weights....so, this could turn into a decade-long challenge for myself.

Sucky.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I tried on my jeans this weekend and they go all the way up, button and almost fully zip. Of course, they look terrible because they are SO tight, but it is progress!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I *never* gave up on this challenge!

Yes, I began it on January 31, 2012....thinking in 8 weeks I could get into my "smaller" jeans.

Alas, it took more than 8 weeks!

IT TOOK MORE THAN 8 MONTHS!

But, I tried them on this morning, and on they went! I *still* won't wear them, because they actually ACCENTUATE the muffin top (that I've worked ever so hard to reduce - and is completely NOT noticeable in my other jeans, lol) on me!

Means I simply *still* have plenty o' jiggle to work on decreasing in 2013.

Hope you other "thermometer jeans" challengers report in with YOUR results (even late as I am!).