Week 1 of C25K

Options
13»

Replies

• southernyogini
    southernyogini Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I survived. Last week I had to walk the last 2 "runs". Today I was able to do all 8. So I am slowly improving. My allergies weren't too thrilled with it though. Tuesday might be better!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Starting week 1 tomorrow. Did run one day last week but got busy and made excuses not to do anymore of week one last week. No excuses this week. I just signed up for a 5K in 8 weeks :)
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Way to go for signing up to a 5k, that'll be a great motivator to stick with it.

I'm on w1d3 today, have to do it with a pram/stroller which makes it annoying to manoeuvring road crossings etc, also will change my route as the incline on the paths is always on the same side which is making my right ankle a little sore.
    I use MapMyRun to do that so I know how far to go, I mark out a 5km route and do the podcast then walk the rest of the way home.

Got some funky new trainers Saturday too...
    10i86tv.jpg
    £20 from the children's running section, just walked in them so far but they feel nice.
  • GMC_81
    Options
    I'm back from completing w1d3 and I feel awesome!
    Changed route today which was good, better paths really but more dog walkers (and evidently dog-mess to avoid) so maybe time of day would be better a little later on for me.
    Saw a runner who looked fit and serious and he smiled and said good morning, that actually inspired to me. Maybe I dont look quite as lost as I had thought, or maybe it was pity lol.
    Anyway seeing those effortless looking stride was good and I thought I can do that, after all everyone starts somewhere, right?

Hope everyone else on w1 is doing great x
  • stacygayle
    Options
    Love the shoes! I just got a pair of aqua colored Asics to run in. I pronate and I got a pair that are weighted on the arch side to keep me from doing that. It's amazing how with these shoes the muscles on the outside of my legs no longer feel like they're going to tear apart when I wear them.
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 1 day 1 of C25K!!! Is pain in the knee normal for beginners? This is the first time I've ever truly jogged consistently and almost immediately I developed a slight pain in both knees.
    Just so you know I'm 210lbs and I run in Nike Free tennis shoes.
  • stacygayle
    Options
    Just finished W1D1....with a migraine. The migraine was gone while i was running but it is back now :)
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    week one! im doing the program again to get my time faster. All my programs say im still walking. My brother keeps calling and and signing me up to run 5k's and i run/jog them so slow, so i figured ill boost my time start over at a faster pace.
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just completed W1D3. Feels great! Onto W2D1 now. I live in a hilly area so I may need to repeat W1 but we'll see how it goes. But I'm stoked. I'm ready for this. I've got a 5k coming up the end of May. I've got plenty of time but I want to run it non-stop this time. I always end up havng to do a run/walk thing but not this time :)
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Did W1D2 today. I actually was kind of disappointed when my app told me it was cool-down time. I could e gone for a few more cycles through. I'm having a really good time with this so far!
  • GMC_81
    Options
    Great job, its really good to end a session wanting more!!
    Hope w1d3 goes well for you
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I finally finished W5D1 yesterday! I'm adding a trip to the park to my routine, but on those days, I will start over from the beginning so I can get adjusted to all of the twists and turns in the park.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So I have done Week 1 before on a treadmill, but I kinda gave up on it. So I started it back up again yesterday, after not doing it for about a month, and I was surprised how HARD it was. I then had an epiphany , maybe it was so hard because I was doing it on concrete instead of a treadmill. When I started it again it was hard, but I did not give up and I felt exhilarated that I did it without giving up!