• MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Smart
    Funny
    Stable
    Educated
    Tall (at least 6'0")
    Big (not uber fat - just bigger then me)
    Older than me (40s)
    Single (you'd think this was a given - but I've had my fair share of guys who define single differently than I do)
    And just a wee bit dorky.

Not too much to ask for right? Or maybe so - which is why I am single.
    But I'm ok with that. Because I'm super awesome - and it's gonna take someone super duper awesome to change that.

what's the difference between smart and educated?

Good question..I didn't even catch that. And dorky too. Apparently I just really like smart nerdy guys.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'd do Miama but Austin is HUGE party city... plus we can go hiking beforehand to burn those calories we shall later consume...
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    First, let me say that tequila is my go to drink on my rare nights out! lol

My type:
    -Tall (although I always end up with shorter guys)
    -Manly (have to be able to fix stuff, lol)
    -Nice teeth
    -Kind
    -FUNNY
    -Intelligent
    -Witty
    -Somewhat sarcastic
    -Tattooed (I can let this go but I have quite a few tattoos)
    -Race doesn't really matter

Also, I have noticed that the guys on here all mention wanting fit girls or girls who take care of themselves. I am not judging but doesn't that seem a wee bit hypocritical? Is it that big girls are okay when you are big too but not okay when you have lost the weight? I am curious.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'd do Miama but Austin is HUGE party city... plus we can go hiking beforehand to burn those calories we shall later consume...

both sound like fun cities to party in!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    First, let me say that tequila is my go to drink on my rare nights out! lol

My type:
    -Tall (although I always end up with shorter guys)
    -Manly (have to be able to fix stuff, lol)
    -Nice teeth
    -Kind
    -FUNNY
    -Intelligent
    -Witty
    -Somewhat sarcastic
    -Tattooed (I can let this go but I have quite a few tattoos)
    -Race doesn't really matter

Also, I have noticed that the guys on here all mention wanting fit girls or girls who take care of themselves. I am not judging but doesn't that seem a wee bit hypocritical? Is it that big girls are okay when you are big too but not okay when you have lost the weight? I am curious.

i guess i'd want to know what these dudes define as "fit" and then rate them up against their own bar to see if they measure up.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    Hmmmm, that is a good point. Now I want to know that too.
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Hmmmm, that is a good point. Now I want to know that too.

me too. id also be interested to see this answer for the ladies that make the same requests.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've always been attracted to fit/ lean guys.. Even when I was heavier, that was preference. My ex was chunky though. He's 6'4 so he carried weight well but he was a big guy (6'4- 240lbs but gained 50lbs during the 10 years we were married).

Now that I'm single and looking, I'm still attracted to fit/ lean men. I'm not at goal weight and sometimes that makes me insecure because I have 25lbs to go but that doesn't change my preference.
    This is one reason why I'm waiting to date until I get to goal weight. I want to be the most confident I can be.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    For me its less the fitness. I like guy who are bigger than me. Taller and brauwder(sp?) I'm a tall girl and I have a large frame so I need a guy who doesnt make me think I'll break them. Him being fit or into fitness would be a plus because there would be more things we could do together but its not a deal breaker
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    I love all the insights!!! This is awesome!
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure I'd call it a "type" but here are the basics I look for....

Age - don't care about a number but probably wouldn't be too interested in someone over 50
    Looks - I'm not fixated on looks. The other stuff is way more important since looks can fade. However initially I'd say I tend to like guys who are slightly overweight. I'm a curvy girl and have no interest in someone scrawny or thin. I want someone with a bit of meat on his bones. Not so overweight that it interferes with being able to get out and walk around an amusement park all day, but you get the idea. Just a bit stocky I guess.

Race - I was married to a Vietnamese guy though that experience has made me want to steer clear from being with another Asian (No offense at all to anyone who's asian, by the way!)

Personality - laid back, capability to be empathetic & sincere, someone who is respectful of not just me but everyone. Being able to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) is ESSENTIAL. If a guy can only muster us 1-2 sentences in an email where he's trying to get to know me - he's gone. Someone who is willing to share himself with me - his thoughts, his dreams. Someone who values my opinion. Those are the biggies.

And I always look for someone who's Christian. I'm not so sure I could built a lasting relationship with someone who didn't share the same core values as me. Just to hang out and date, that part wouldn't matter so much. But in terms of long-term, that would probably be a deal breaker.
  • skarr28
    Options
    Someone with perspective, meaning they are aware of the goings on of the world and history.

Someone who puts people before money and things .

Someone thoughtful of others. I'm empathetic and caring and I don't want someone who is selfish or self absorbed.

Someone with faith in a higher power.

Someone who likes to learn and improve themselves, not just sit and become stagnant.

Someone who can fight fair, discuss opinions and ideas without turning it into an argument and will stick up for what they believe in.

I'm also partial to jeans and boots, carnivores and men who are taller/stronger than myself.

Exactly this as well as..

Bravery. A leader. I'm pretty confident and I consider myself a leader, but, I'm also old-fashioned. So, in relationships, I like to be lead :happy: .

Physically? He's gotta have that sense of life, fire, intensity, a spark, you know what I mean? And rough calloused manly man hands, :laugh: :love:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Physically: Race isn't a issue for me. I 'm attracted to all. I don't like really thin, bean pole, lanky figured types. Also if I can see or make out your ribs under your skin, ew. I find curvy hips on a woman very attractive. I guess you could say I'm a leg man. :embarassed: Blonde, brunette, red head, somewhere in the rainbow, it's all great. I am more attracted to mid length and longer hairstyles. Also if you look like Snooki or one of those Jersey Shore girls with the thick and heavy eye color, foundation, etc. etc, no thanks. The less make-up the better. Girls that wear alot of make-up are a total turn off for me.

Personality: Someone that matches some of my interests but not carbon copy of me with boobs. :laugh: I am open to trying and experiencing new things. I like sci-fi/fantasy stuff, into computer/video games and comics. I guess I'm a geeky/nerdy hybrid type. I also like sports, mainly soccer/futbol. If you are a fan of that sport that's a huge plus. Twlight fans need not apply. :noway: Sorry but vampires DO NOT SPARKLE. I am looking for someone who is outgoing, likes to laugh, doesn't mind dark humor, and not a introvert. I'm pretty laid back and a bit of a shy person so I need someone who is opposite of that to help get me out of my shell and challenge me to try new things. Also not super relgious. I believe there's a God but that's the extent of it. I am not the church going type. I'm alot more active physically than I ever was so I can't be with someone who is a couch potato.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options

That's exactly what it is for me, I'm not ruling out meeting someone with an incredible personality, I'm not shallow or anything that isn't my reason for putting it on there. My reason is that I spend a lot of my time making sure that I'm fit and healthy and what I eat is good food. I'd prefer to meet someone with similar interests instead of having to eat seperate meals than them and do different things. It would be ideal if I could meet someone that has similar fitness interests as me, then they'd understand my goals and help me achieve them (I do way more when I've got someone to do it with.)

Does that make sense or am I sounding really hypocritical considering I've been massive for years?!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've always been attracted to fit/ lean guys.. Even when I was heavier, that was preference. My ex was chunky though. He's 6'4 so he carried weight well but he was a big guy (6'4- 240lbs but gained 50lbs during the 10 years we were married).

Now that I'm single and looking, I'm still attracted to fit/ lean men. I'm not at goal weight and sometimes that makes me insecure because I have 25lbs to go but that doesn't change my preference.
    This is one reason why I'm waiting to date until I get to goal weight. I want to be the most confident I can be.

You might find someone that wants you just as you are though :) That will give you confidence too but I know what you mean. Mines gone up from what we've talked about in messages. Never know you might meet someone that wants to help you with your goals! :)
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Physically (tends to be): taller than me (5'8" in flats, so nearly 5'10-6' in heels!), broad-shouldered, light eyes, caucasian of some description - I just haven't ever found other races particularly physically attractive, though I have friends of all races. More often than not, dark haired (with some exceptions) and fairly toned on solid frames. I'm not petite, so logically I should find very tall, big men most attractive, but I find I don't meet many of those on this side of the Atlantic!

More importantly: Intelligent and intellectually curious, honourable, gentlemanly, dry sense of humour and an appreciation of the ridiculous, ambitious in some way (has goals), articulate, educated and charismatic in his own way. Secure in himself.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Tall over 6'0 broad-shouldered great sense of humor. race is unimportant dated em all..
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    As far as physical features go, i don't really care all that much. I do prefer a man with facial hair...i love love love a scruffy man. clean shaven men do nothing for me. I do prefer a guy to be taller than me but that's not set in stone.

Otherwise i simply look for someone who can make me laugh and knows how to take sarcasm and is hopefully sarcastic themselves.
    A man who is hard working, trustworthy, kind and honest and actually cares about the world around him.

I've dated too many men who literally pride themselves in being *kitten* and not giving a crap about other people, it's really disturbing.

Also someone who doesn't give a crap about material objects, i understand we all like having things but it's not the end all be all and i'm happy with a more minimal living instead of a house full of expensive crap nobody actually uses or notices.
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Someone who is remotely normal would be nice. I tend to attract nutters.

Saying that though, a Ewan McGregor lookalike would be lovely :bigsmile:
  • Meghan0116
    Options

That's exactly what it is for me, I'm not ruling out meeting someone with an incredible personality, I'm not shallow or anything that isn't my reason for putting it on there. My reason is that I spend a lot of my time making sure that I'm fit and healthy and what I eat is good food. I'd prefer to meet someone with similar interests instead of having to eat seperate meals than them and do different things. It would be ideal if I could meet someone that has similar fitness interests as me, then they'd understand my goals and help me achieve them (I do way more when I've got someone to do it with.)

Does that make sense or am I sounding really hypocritical considering I've been massive for years?!

No, I understand where you are coming from. When I start dating again I would like to be with someone who is interested in fitness even if they aren't at their goals yet. We should at least have that in common.