I could cry

Options
2»

Replies

• ShilohMaier
    Options
    I know it's frustrating. I've been back on Atkins for four weeks now. My first two weeks, I dropped just a couple of pounds- and then promptly put them back on. For whatever reason, it was a slow start for me this time around- unlike my first go with it, where I lost 40 pounds in my first month. But back then, my body was also being helped by my new meds for my insulin problem. I almost gave up this time around, but I just couldn't go back to feeling so awful. Even though my weight hadn't budged, I could already tell I felt better. So I stuck to it, and dropped 12 pounds in these past two weeks. I don't know why- usually it's the opposite; you drop a lot right off the bat, and then it tapers off. Stick with it- I'm rootin' for you!!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Hello. I just started the Atkins diet three days ago and I have lost four pounds! I have studied the allowed foods list on the phase one of induction (on the atkins diet site) and I have been very strict with only eating what is on that list. You will lose more quickly if you really study it and don't veer away from it at all. I am amazed at my weight loss in such a short time, considering the scale did not move for the first three weeks(I have been exercising and counting calories since january 17 and didn't lose a pound until I started the atkins diet

I don't worry about fat or calories. Just eat 20 carbs a day and the weight is finally coming off. Good luck.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I just looked through your diary - you may actually want to up your fat intake and lower protein intake. Just a suggestion! :flowerforyou:

That was what I was going to suggest too!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ^^ ditto! And keep up the great work, It took me about 5 weeks before my body began to drop the weight.